This really is an amazing game.

#1PhatCamoPosted 8/2/2014 6:22:09 PM
I only have a small handful of 3DS games, and not sure what made me get this, but it really is an amazing game.
Loaded it up today and realized I've clocked up 200 hours at HR6 playing solo through the game and I feel like I'm going to be playing it a lot longer yet.
For such a simple game where the main goal is "kill monsters, big monsters" it really has a lot to offer. I love the feeling of accomplishment everytime you fight a monster the village fears and you get that warm happy feeling inside like you've saved the village/port, only to be handed new monsters and a newer bigger boss monster shortly. Lagi, Cadeaus, Brachydios, I lagi, Jhen and Gold Cadeaus all felt like great victories. Hell even my first Great Jaggi and big scary Rathian felt like a job well done. Really every monster for the first time is a bit of a challenge and G-Rank let's you feel that again, especially when you see that first G-Rank Gigginox lay an egg on it's back and throw 3 Giggis at you. It's my first Monster Hunter and like most newbies I pretty much mainly use Long sword and Dual swords, which I think is great! Recently stumbled across a worn hammer, which I quickly transformed into a pulsating core for my first rarity 9 weapon and now, at 200 hours in, I'm keen to learn a new way to play this game.

Not long after I started I did think I cannot wait for MH4U so I can play online, but pretty sure 3U will keep me hooked until 4U is released quite easy and as much as I want to play multiplayer, I wonder if going online would have been as much fun as solo play?

No real point to this post other to praise a really great game! Capcom really do have a few stupidly awesome gems they pop out here and now.
#2Aegis24Posted 8/2/2014 7:32:36 PM
This game is really fun unless you need to fight something you hate, then you just hate life.
#3vyledustPosted 8/3/2014 7:19:03 AM
This game is great, and I love it. I have not played the 3ds version, but when I found out it was out on the WiiU, I went out and bought the system. Love the online, and am getting back into the game after a brief hiatus.
---
3DS FC: 4828-5240-3817
WiiU: Vyledust
#4majinbuu58Posted 8/3/2014 5:17:34 PM
Aegis24 posted...
This game is really fun unless you need to fight something you hate, then you just hate life.

This. I need to farm lagi for my thunder blades but i just hate underwater combat so much..
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#5ResseiPosted 8/3/2014 7:14:39 PM
PhatCamo posted...
Not long after I started I did think I cannot wait for MH4U so I can play online, but pretty sure 3U will keep me hooked until 4U is released quite easy and as much as I want to play multiplayer, I wonder if going online would have been as much fun as solo play?

I play on 3DS and, at least once a month, i gather with friends to play with local multiplayer. While it's way easier to hunt with 4 people, I find it much more fun. I can't explain it.

So, both solo and multiplayer have advantages. Multiplayer is better fun-wise, and solo has that extra challenge we love so much.
---
"So you would have us fight for our future? Fine, then fight we shall!" - Piers, Golden Sun: The Lost Age
3DS Friend Code: 5026 - 4535 - 1474
#6AnygameAnytimePosted 8/4/2014 2:50:20 AM
It really hasn't changed much since MH1, and that's why I like it. I played MH1 on the PS2 wayyyy back when, and when I picked up this game it was like riding a bike. Took a few quests but I quickly fell back into how to fight.