Poison weapon mechanics changed?

#1NanoframePosted 2/26/2012 11:58:13 PM
Was poison changed or what? Ian seems to be immune to it. Im using the 120 poison GS and unable to poison ian. In tri it took maybe 7 hits to poison with same sword, what gives?
---
I-/I II\
I-\I^II-\
#2Nanoframe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 12:28:51 AM
Aww uragaan did not get poisoned either
---
I-/I II\
I-\I^II-\
#3mattfrankPosted 2/27/2012 6:03:21 AM
Ian makes poison weapon.Therefore,you shound not be able to poison it often,
#4aegilnetPosted 2/27/2012 1:34:50 PM
lol,

to use a Pokemon analogy, that is like trying to use a grass type to kill a grass type. it usually doesn't work out so well...
#5herochrisxPosted 2/27/2012 2:43:56 PM
aegilnet posted...
lol,

to use a Pokemon analogy, that is like trying to use a grass type to kill a grass type. it usually doesn't work out so well...

See that fails though in MH because on some occasions for example Jho is weak to Dragon. And no I'm not taking into account the Pokemon effectiveness here.
---
~| MH3- Server: US ID: TA6KT4 Name: Chris HR: 81+ |~
My router has graced me with the ability to go online.
#6Nanoframe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 3:48:56 PM
In all previous mh games poison woked fine on all wyverns. I tried it on Uragaan and it still does not seem to work
---
I-/I II\
I-\I^II-\
#7Supercuaco666Posted 2/27/2012 4:54:39 PM
Nanoframe posted...
Was poison changed or what? Ian seems to be immune to it. Im using the 120 poison GS and unable to poison ian. In tri it took maybe 7 hits to poison with same sword, what gives?

First, you're trying to inflict status with a GS, which is the slowest hitting weapon.
Second, Rathian's initial poison tolerance is 180 and the weapon hits with 12 poison each hit, so it would take you 15 hits to poison her, and that's without counting the tolerance recovery. So no, I don't think they changed much.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code:
3697 2988 8960
#8dchao99Posted 2/27/2012 7:12:06 PM
Supercuaco666 posted...
Nanoframe posted...

First, you're trying to inflict status with a GS, which is the slowest hitting weapon.
Second, Rathian's initial poison tolerance is 180 and the weapon hits with 12 poison each hit, so it would take you 15 hits to poison her, and that's without counting the tolerance recovery. So no, I don't think they changed much.

Super was correct.

The LR Rathian GS is very weak. And Rathian has high tolerance for poison. I got my GS upgraded to HR already, and it works all the time. You just need to upgrade it. You can be sure, nothing has changed.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR6 (Currently Playing)
#9mattfrankPosted 2/28/2012 8:51:31 PM
herochrisx posted...
aegilnet posted...
lol,

See that fails though in MH because on some occasions for example Jho is weak to Dragon. And no I'm not taking into account the Pokemon effectiveness here.

You are wrong,one of the common things Pokemon and MH share is Dragon type monsters are weak to dragon as well.
#10dchao99Posted 2/28/2012 9:33:58 PM
I suspect if make a type trumping table for MH. It will fail, there are simply too many exceptions.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR7 (Currently Playing)