Online co-op or no buy! (Yay or Nay)

#41ferofaxPosted 3/16/2012 12:49:20 AM
Will buy it anyways. Local wifi has the added bonus of getting Streetpass tags.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#42AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 5:46:20 PM
ferofax posted...
Will buy it anyways. Local wifi has the added bonus of getting Streetpass tags.

And what does that do?
---
The appointed time is near.
#43HalecticPosted 3/17/2012 9:15:27 PM
People wanting online-co op is the reason the MH games dont have a very good chance of being released in NA
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#44dchao99Posted 3/17/2012 11:36:25 PM
AxelPoe posted...

And what does that do?

I think he meant sending the Guild Card hunters out to quest. You know, once you exchange the card with someone, this person will appear randomly in your Tanjia port Tavern, and you can send this hunter out to do a quest, and hunter will gather items and bring them back to you.

But I don't think it has anything to do with WiFi or not.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR7 (Currently Playing)
#45AdventZPosted 3/18/2012 6:38:43 PM
Personally, Monster Hunter to me is Hunting monsters with friends. Sure you can do it solo, but I always thought why not do it together?? Monster Hunter Tri is a good example of this. The content may be smaller than Freedom Unite, but being able to play with friends while chatting online just really makes it fun. No, I don't have any experience with Local Wireless play since nobody owns a PSP or MH game near me. But since everyone has a Wii...

If this every get's translated, I will only buy it if there is Online Wifi play.
#46Supercuaco666Posted 3/18/2012 7:18:17 PM
I'm in the minority that wants this to have no online, and today reminded me why. I spent the whole day searching for a team for Super-Alatreon in Tri, and besides waiting 10-20 minutes to gather a full team and get everyone ready, the servers are just so full of fail...

Nothing but GS users that only used the infinite combo and never charged attacks, Hammer users that couldn't get a single KO (I think they weren't even hitting the head, they just spammed the spin attack), Lance users that kept using the charge attack, horribly disruptive LS users, and Gunners who only sleepombed and then shot Normal Lvl1. Half of them with mixed armors with 0 skills, and 25% of them with troll sets/weapons. And they kept carting in every quest, so I couldn't kill more than 1 Alatreon today ._.

I try to avoid being an elitist and all that, but the servers today are just so full of fail that it's frustrating. I'm not sure what to expect from 3G servers. Besides, I want to play whenever I want to, and not worry about connection.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code:
3697 2988 8960
#47dchao99Posted 3/19/2012 12:20:45 AM
Supercuaco666 posted...
I'm in the minority that wants this to have no online, and today reminded me why. I spent the whole day searching for a team for Super-Alatreon in Tri, and besides waiting 10-20 minutes to gather a full team and get everyone ready, the servers are just so full of fail...

I remember now. It was so frustrating getting a team to agree on a single strategy for killing Alatreon.

BTW, there is no server for MH3G, it is face-to-face multiplay only, no Internet online.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR733 (Currently Playing)
#48FivePoundNotePosted 3/19/2012 1:43:25 AM
If Tri didn't support online play then you'd have to solo Alatreon, so just solo it now. There being bad players online is a terrible reason for wanting it gone.

I don't even encounter that many genuinely bad players, and being on the EU servers means I also have the language barrier to contend with.

In fact, the most annoying thing about hunting Alatreon is being told "bowgun or gtfo" by the group you're joining. At least the crap players aren't so damn serious about what they're doing.
#49dchao99Posted 3/19/2012 11:05:32 AM
Now, I just have a sleep-bombing set and a melee set ready before going into an Alatreon room. Do what ever people ask me to do, and enjoy the fight.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR733 (Currently Playing)
#50Supercuaco666Posted 3/19/2012 12:34:56 PM
dchao99 posted...
BTW, there is no server for MH3G, it is face-to-face multiplay only, no Internet online.

I know that, but I'm talking aout why I don't want servers or online.

FivePoundNote posted...
If Tri didn't support online play then you'd have to solo Alatreon, so just solo it now. There being bad players online is a terrible reason for wanting it gone.

His health and stagger limits would proably be lower if you were suppossed to solo it, and I'm not good enough to solo him in Tri. I'm happy with an average group, but I'm having lots of trouble finding them nowadays.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code:
3697 2988 8960