SSP and Patching

#1hackandslashPosted 5/22/2012 8:42:18 AM
Hi, I read that there's already a patch for the SSP bug. I however don't know if I should patch. I've already cleared Gran Mira, upgraded the ships to max, but haven't completed the training for all weapons. I really want SSP, should I patch my save now or wait till I clear all training quests first? Thanks
---
"Your death will be my rebirth!"
#2SabataKunPosted 5/22/2012 9:00:59 AM
It shouldn't matter. You can patch it now and do the training quests, or vice versa.
---
MMSF 3 Red Joker FC: 2622 0562 7794
#3_Vuze_Posted 5/22/2012 9:33:02 AM
Clear all trainings first. Reports say you could never ever get the piercings if you haven't cleared all trainings with all weapons before.

And what do you expect from patching before anyway? lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/MHVuze
#4Avg_Joe_GamerPosted 5/22/2012 10:36:13 AM
Can someone explain exactly how to patch the game?

Also, where are the weapon training quests that are needed for the SSP?
#5hackandslash(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 5:52:24 PM
_Vuze_ posted...
Clear all trainings first. Reports say you could never ever get the piercings if you haven't cleared all trainings with all weapons before.

And what do you expect from patching before anyway? lol

I thought you shouldn't upgrade your ships till you clear all training quests, well I upgraded all my ships to the max, so now I don't know if in my save, I am unable to get the SSP even if I clear all training quests with all weapons.

Guess I'll try to finish them all first and try to see if I get the piercings. Then patch if I don't

Thanks guys!
---
#6FIND_A_NEW_GODPosted 5/22/2012 9:15:11 PM
the patch isn't really a patch... its just a program that reads your save data to check if you've met the requirements for the piercings, & if one of your characters does, you can select that character & it puts the piercings in their inventory.
---
lmao smh lol
See? I just typed that I'm shaking my head and laughing my ass off! See how happy I am?
-coachroche
#7hackandslash(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 9:48:14 PM
So the patch does nothing to your save if you haven't met the requirements for the piercing and upgraded the ships(or did the necessary thing to activate the bug)?
---
#8dchao99Posted 5/22/2012 10:03:28 PM
hackandslash posted...
So the patch does nothing to your save if you haven't met the requirements for the piercing and upgraded the ships(or did the necessary thing to activate the bug)?

That's my understanding too.

I don't know where Vuze got his info from.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR58 (Currently Playing)
3DS FC: 2964-9218-8917
#9_Vuze_Posted 5/23/2012 12:15:27 AM
Probably I misinterpreted the info which said "Only when all arena quests are cleared with all arms, the data correction program can be used to obtain the reward. If this requirement is not fulfilled, the reward can't be obtained even if the data correction program is used."

My bad. But anyway - I didn't see any set using the piercings at all, did you?
---
http://www.youtube.com/MHVuze