Storyline written with George R.R. Martin???

#11SuperrpgmanPosted 5/31/2012 11:00:33 PM
ur grandpa posted...
Eeshaan1685 posted...
Raverbasher posted...
Cheator13 posted...
From what I understand, It's more like he read it and said "Yeah, okay, I can live with that"

Yeah, written with is corporate speech for he went over the synopsis and said it was ok.

Just like all he games with Tom Clancy's label on them.

Actually that's different. More than half of books with Tom Clancy's name on it aren't even written by him.

Elaborate please?
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#12NaFFownsPosted 6/1/2012 12:28:42 PM
He actually wrote part of the game, and revised the whole script. That's why if you pay attention, the story is actually good.
#13dkzerovPosted 6/3/2012 10:59:38 AM
I heard that old George himself weaved this song. Wanted to explain some bits of history he did. But the story got away from him, took a life of its own and no longer suited his purpose. So old George sent it to his editor, to the land across the seas, to see what could be done with it. This editor of his decided it was good enough an adventure to be made game of.

And thats how good Ser Mors and Alester came to be.

At least thats what my old nan used to tell me when I was a whelp. Bless that old lady and her set of rotten teeth
---
eek! clowns!!!!Arggh!Those sharp bloody teeth!!!
#14Mhunter04Posted 6/13/2012 4:24:43 PM
ur grandpa posted...
Just like all he games with Tom Clancy's label on them.
Actually that's different. More than half of books with Tom Clancy's name on it aren't even written by him.

Elaborate please?

If you haven't been following up lately, lots of recent Clancy's books aren't even written by him but rather by ghost writers or so-called "collaborative" works with other authors. The Clancy's has become more like a franchise brand name, great example are the videogames and recent novels bearing his name.

Clancy also fully sold his naming rights to Ubisoft. All Clancy's games these days have no involvement by him.
#15PulpPosted 6/14/2012 6:43:06 AM
I assume George was also the cameo NPC (maester)...that definitely broke the immersion. Really makes you appreciate professional voice actors, lol.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#16yoomazirPosted 7/5/2012 10:09:23 AM(edited)
draken_shway posted...
actually George R.R. Martin stated that he planed on incorporating the 2 main characters in this game into the rest of his books if the game received enough positive feed back.

Link please? I really hope he includes them in a small cameo or something like that (related to the baby maybe?) because I really enjoyed those characters.

Pulp posted...
I assume George was also the cameo NPC (maester)...that definitely broke the immersion. Really makes you appreciate professional voice actors, lol.

Well, we can guess Cyanide/G.R.R.Martin had some fun with the Maester Martin character and the Gerald of Rivia pun.
---
meh