My basic review of the game ITT

#1masumane2Posted 5/18/2012 9:34:12 PM
I love the story and whatnot.. That is what's good about the game. The dialogue, voice acting, and all that stuff is great. I'm definitely going to beat this game ONCE.

Only once though because the combat is awful. It's not really challenging so far, it's just boring. They could make up for that, possibly, by letting me explore Westeros- but no, the exploring is about the same as Dragon Age (not dragon age 2 at least)

I couldn't imagine recommending this to anyone. If you're not a fan of the show, you won't really get into the story as much, so you'll just see a bad game. I only write this because I couldn't find much information on the game here or anywhere else.
---
Christians don't believe in gravity
#2ShogaNinjaPosted 5/18/2012 11:18:30 PM
The preview above is not entirely inaccurate. The combat and the exploration of this title are this side of terrible. However, the story is immersive, and the decisions you make are as treacherous as the waters of the Narrow Sea. That said, the RPG system is passable. It's the combat, and the constant flickering within the cutscenes that reveal this game to be about as polished as the family heirloom broadsword. Your choices will affect the story and the traits which your character bears, be they that of pride or shame.

My recommendation for fans is to buy this game if you have the coin. To those on the fence I do recommend that you buy this game on sale. Expect little more than an animated novel upon which your control will cast over mostly the path upon which your character will take moreso than the battles upon which his mettle is tested. And I said his with confidence, as there are no female characters which you can control. If you are neither fan of show or book, then let this pass by you - a shadow in the night.

If you have read the first book, or watched the first season of Game of Thrones on HBO, then have no fear that you will be ruining what is to come (hint: winter!). Sure, there are things that arise that are not well mentioned in the show, but you will understand them all the same with only a mote of imagination.

I was particularly infused with fantastical badassery as the theme song did play, but sore was I to hear that it concluded not. It is merely the first part looped, and poorly at that. Shoga could have done better, and if you believe that not, why come and visit me upon the shores of the YouTube.

Verily, friends, that is about as good as I can do for a fantasy review. :)
#3ShogaNinjaPosted 5/19/2012 10:59:36 PM
I forgot to say that the load times/save times are so slow they make you feel like a top-of-the-line PC is back in the Stone Age like you got a 66mhz machine with a Turbo Button. I know this is not due to the awesome graphics (for they are really not so impressive) but rather from terrible, amateur, coding. You ending up waiting so long to load that you are at serious risk for growing a beard, dying of old age, missing out on the most important years of your life, etc...

Jesus man, the story is top notch but everything else is just so BAD. Why do game like this get released as the rule instead of the exception?
#4giocarePosted 5/20/2012 3:58:14 PM
Load times are always under 10 seconds for me. A little slower than Witcher 2's load times.
#5Golden_MeanPosted 5/30/2012 6:42:53 PM
I'm going to bump this because Shoga's review is downright badass, especially to a fan of the books as I am.
---
Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity. - Rah Xephon
#6No_MegaPosted 6/3/2012 6:53:37 AM
Load times were pretty consistently around 10 seconds for me, and less for smaller areas. From my experience, it seems really petty to complain about that.