Bosses

#1batromanPosted 8/19/2012 11:25:39 AM
I was wondering if this game has a great variety of them? I see GIANT ones, then some prepetitive flying type (including the final boss although he looks diferent he still is a flying type)

I very interested in getting this but I want to know how much content it has? Monster hunter has WAY more content but there isnt a monster hunter for vita yet -.- so want to play this in the mean time!
---
I hope you like my web site http://dantedariomartinez.wix.com/photography
3DS - 0001-3376-7716 PS Vita - macabrocastle
#2YenRou1992Posted 8/19/2012 8:23:23 PM
You can't compare this to MH. If you do, you will hate this game. It's an inferior game but I still like it.

-The quests are all along the line of collect x of item y or kill x of monster y.

-Unlike MH where all the quests after Village Rank 1 is about hunting giant monsters. Here you deal with small fry 90% of the time and 1 boss in each chapter.

The bosses aren't too bad though. I'm in chapter 3 and only met 1 aerial boss.

-The battles aren't as engaging as MH. No tactics required whatsoever, maybe in the later chapters.

-Also the armor and weapon crafting system is not as deep as MH. They still look great though.

-You can also switch classes anytime, just like MH.

-The card system works just like the pendants in MHP3rd if you played it.
---
www.psnprofiles.com/Yenrou-
#3ShinononoHoukiPosted 8/19/2012 9:12:09 PM
YenRou1992 posted...
You can't compare this to MH. If you do, you will hate this game. It's an inferior game but I still like it.

-The quests are all along the line of collect x of item y or kill x of monster y.

-Unlike MH where all the quests after Village Rank 1 is about hunting giant monsters. Here you deal with small fry 90% of the time and 1 boss in each chapter.

The bosses aren't too bad though. I'm in chapter 3 and only met 1 aerial boss.

-The battles aren't as engaging as MH. No tactics required whatsoever, maybe in the later chapters.

-Also the armor and weapon crafting system is not as deep as MH. They still look great though.

-You can also switch classes anytime, just like MH.

-The card system works just like the pendants in MHP3rd if you played it.

It's ok if you want to be a MH fanboy but get your facts straight especially if you have not started to fight the giant kings.

Later chapters have 4-5 bosses each.

No tactics, just try swinging your weapon wildly at the fore mentioned giant bosses or extra quest bosses.
---
Previously Known as raging Hitomi.
#4batroman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 10:02:07 PM
Im sorry this topic was not made to start some dumb argument, I know its nothing like monster hunter, only the stage layouts and the instance quests. . .thats about it!

I used to play monster hunter A LOT, but i honestly got tired of it for not being ONLINE, so if you read again, im actually not even asking if its like monster hunter. . . again. . .

Whats the variety like with boss fights in this game?! Is it fairly good or very good? as in I wont get bored of just killing the same few bosses over and over again (the only comparison I made with MH was the boss variety thats all i didnt ask for gameplay or anything else)

I was able to download the JPN demo and so im completely aware of whats the game like, only thing is that you only get to fight 2 bosses, and when I saw a youtube video of "ALL" the bosses, I didnt see that many, but then there are some bosses that are not shown in those videos and look pretty amazin, and thats why I was asking, now dont ask me which bosses i did see because I dont know them. . .

The one I saw in a separate video is this demon like boss and you against half of its body, look pritty cool (kinda easy to kill or at least thats how they made it look like but still a boss is aboss)

I want to buy the game, I just want to make sure whether the game is enjoyable enough to keep me entertained fo quite some time while a monster hunter is being made for either a 3ds or Vita (i hope they make it for vita T.T)
---
#5ShinononoHoukiPosted 8/19/2012 10:14:54 PM(edited)
batroman posted...
Im sorry this topic was not made to start some dumb argument, I know its nothing like monster hunter, only the stage layouts and the instance quests. . .thats about it!

I used to play monster hunter A LOT, but i honestly got tired of it for not being ONLINE, so if you read again, im actually not even asking if its like monster hunter. . . again. . .

Whats the variety like with boss fights in this game?! Is it fairly good or very good? as in I wont get bored of just killing the same few bosses over and over again (the only comparison I made with MH was the boss variety thats all i didnt ask for gameplay or anything else)

I was able to download the JPN demo and so im completely aware of whats the game like, only thing is that you only get to fight 2 bosses, and when I saw a youtube video of "ALL" the bosses, I didnt see that many, but then there are some bosses that are not shown in those videos and look pretty amazin, and thats why I was asking, now dont ask me which bosses i did see because I dont know them. . .

The one I saw in a separate video is this demon like boss and you against half of its body, look pritty cool (kinda easy to kill or at least thats how they made it look like but still a boss is aboss)

I want to buy the game, I just want to make sure whether the game is enjoyable enough to keep me entertained fo quite some time while a monster hunter is being made for either a 3ds or Vita (i hope they make it for vita T.T)

Well, I think , it's fairly good. A total of 15 bosses, 3 which are giant size. Surt,Hrungnir and Mokkurkalfe.
There are several fights that requires you to face bosses sequentially and sometimes both at once.
---
Previously Known as raging Hitomi.
#6batroman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 6:19:16 AM
NICE thanks a lot :D!
---