So, Lizard Rising...

#1peacefulchaosPosted 8/21/2012 8:39:31 PM
Real talk? The Hjalnir (sp?) boss fight for Assassin in 3-3 is &*%*&.

I mean, I won and all, first try, but yeah...I'm still marveling even after playing this at launch from Japan at why the assassin of all classes can't cancel out of attacks at the very least.

Okay, rant over.
---
Now playing: Popful Mail (Sega CD), Lord of Apocalypse (Vita), Kingdom Hearts: DDD (3DS), Persona 3(PSP)
Eagerly awaiting: SH: BoM, Ragnarok Odyssey,Liberation
#2Sir_AnubisPosted 8/21/2012 8:44:11 PM
assassin can cancel attacks, except for sonic blow,
it's also not wise to use sonic blow against such bosses,
it's better to use tri,o,o,o and tri,tri,tri,o bothe combos are cancelable..
---
PSN: dias13hk
On Vita, playing: uncharted, wipeout2048, Reality fighters (R3), BlazBlue, Disgaea 3
#3peacefulchaos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 8:45:07 PM
Hm, I haven't pulled that off. Can you cancel into a dash or is it into a neutral position? And can you cancel during an air combo?
---
Now playing: Popful Mail (Sega CD), Lord of Apocalypse (Vita), Kingdom Hearts: DDD (3DS), Persona 3(PSP)
#4Sir_AnubisPosted 8/21/2012 8:48:49 PM
cancelable to dash, better with the step invulnerability skill (forgot exact name of skill)
haven't tried air combo cancel since i rarely use air combo on bosses except for airial bosses
---
On Vita, playing: uncharted, wipeout2048, Reality fighters (R3), BlazBlue, Disgaea 3
#5peacefulchaos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 8:52:15 PM(edited)
Ooooh, okay. That may be why then; I spend the majority of my time in the air. Now that I think about it, yeah, I can cancel on the ground but generally not while I'm airborne. While I do really enjoy this game, I wish there was a more fluid cancel system as well as the ability to perform a just defend with classes that can't block. It'd also be nice if there was a dedicated dodge ability rather than just dash for classes that can't guard.

Thanks for the combo tips though, I'll give em' a try!
---
#6Sir_AnubisPosted 8/21/2012 8:57:37 PM
also. i like the next arial combo after the arial sonic blow, because a.sonic blow blows enemy away from you, the next combo does stronger strikes and end it with a slam, making the enemies below also stunned.

if a.sonic blow is tri,tri,tri,o then the combo im talking about is tri,tri,tri,tri,o
---
#7ShinononoHoukiPosted 8/21/2012 10:55:08 PM
Sonic Blow does Mean DPS, and seriously, they would be broken if you could cancel sonic blow.
With Double Attack and High crits, you'll be flinching enemies and building up SP easily, and the leech from DS mode constantly recovers your HP, regardless of most damage you take.
---
Previously Known as raging Hitomi.