Does anyone actually use the lock on?

#11Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:29:05 PM
couldnt it just mean you suck with lock on?

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

the lock on is fine and you can maneuver easily with it. its just you.

How can you 'suck with lock on' when you can do better without using it at all? I have absolutely no problems destroying every part of an enemy that can be destroyed. All lock on is is an inefficient way to press more buttons and make it actually tougher to hit the parts of the enemy you want.
Element_Pearl posted...
'Only for bosses'. The one enemy where you wouldn't want to do it at all...

it actually helps when bosses have a particular spot that is more vulnerable than the rest of their body.

No it doesn't.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#12ChromaticAngelPosted 11/11/2012 2:30:34 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
How can you 'suck with lock on' when you can do better without using it at all? I have absolutely no problems destroying every part of an enemy that can be destroyed. All lock on is is an inefficient way to press more buttons and make it actually tougher to hit the parts of the enemy you want.

I believe Okami's point is that "You suck with lock on" because when we use it, it helps us rather than hinders us.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#13BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 2:31:23 PM
OkamiCloud7 posted...

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

This. Haha. Try not sucking bro.
---
"Guess i'll logout and check my email or somethin."
#14FoBiAPosted 11/11/2012 2:31:40 PM
Who cares? It's preference and some players prefer to use it. It may not help YOU at all but that doesn't mean it couldn't possibly help anybody else.
---
"So who is FoBiA, really?" - CJayC
#15darkphiresagePosted 11/11/2012 2:31:56 PM
i use it on my hunter and when i fight menia. kinda embarrassed to admit it, but i can't dodge her ferris wheel of doom without it. >_>
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#16TheDarkNerdPosted 11/11/2012 2:32:04 PM
I use it when I wanna pick off something with Mage's n.O, or TO against flying enemies.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#17silverwing890Posted 11/11/2012 2:35:59 PM
darkphiresage posted...
i use it on my hunter and when i fight menia. kinda embarrassed to admit it, but i can't dodge her ferris wheel of doom without it. >_>

...Why didn't I think of that? I just used the right analog stick to keep track of where her Ferris Wheel of doom is currently at. Ah well,
#18xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/11/2012 2:36:41 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

Element_Pearl posted...

it actually helps when bosses have a particular spot that is more vulnerable than the rest of their body.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does, use it more often. Lock on helps to keep a better eye on an enemy and makes it easier to target a breakable/weak spot.
---
PSN:K-quick
#19Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:37:22 PM
Who cares? It's preference and some players prefer to use it. It may not help YOU at all but that doesn't mean it couldn't possibly help anybody else.

It's a crutch and it's making them bad at the game.

OkamiCloud7 posted...

This. Haha. Try not sucking bro.

I don't believe I ever said I was 'bad' with lock-on, on. I'm just as effective either way, which is to say, better than you will ever be. What I said was that it makes it annoying to hit the parts I want to hit, because you either have to press the L button a bunch of times and hope that it randomly locks onto the part you want to hit, or you have to deal with the camera focusing on a different part of the enemy than you're trying to hit anyway. When you could just move the camera where you want it manually with one keypress.
---
#20Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:38:13 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

Element_Pearl posted...

No it doesn't.

Yes it does, use it more often. Lock on helps to keep a better eye on an enemy and makes it easier to target a breakable/weak spot.

No, it doesn't. I have absolutely no problems knowing where the enemy is at or hitting a weak spot without the camera locking itself onto it.
---