Does anyone actually use the lock on?

#31VsinPosted 11/11/2012 4:02:59 PM
Hunters basically require you to learn how to lock on without sending your camera for a loop (dang flies...) or else your accuracy falls through the floor.

I occasionally lock on with Assassins if I'm having trouble hitting small or airborne targets.

I don't bother with anybody else.
---
If I'm not Vsin, I'm Aldracity.
#32xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/11/2012 4:06:58 PM
Also, for most people, lock-on helps with specific bosses better then staying locked-off. Whether or not it's a "crutch" does not matter, this is a Co-Op game, not a competitive one. Also, your opinion =/= fact. People play how they want to play, your one of the very, very few who prefer to stay locked off at all times. Even though its easier to keep an eye on a boss, and target a weak point. How you can do better targeting a specific spot without the lock-on is beyond me, but for the most part that's what the lock on is there for.
---
PSN:K-quick
#33NyekunPosted 11/11/2012 4:11:19 PM
I use it all the time. Though most of the time it's usually just so my screen rotates towards the enemy or stays fixed. Large bosses I usually don't.

Used it during the Fenia + Menia boss battle(s). If I didn't, I'd forget which one I was targeting first because they keep spinning around the place and swapping spots. Though I have to turn it off when they start spinning towards me or I'd dash into the spin because of the screen.
#34Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:16:26 PM
Also, for most people, lock-on helps with specific bosses better then staying locked-off. Whether or not it's a "crutch" does not matter, this is a Co-Op game, not a competitive one. Also, your opinion =/= fact. People play how they want to play, your one of the very, very few who prefer to stay locked off at all times. Even though its easier to keep an eye on a boss, and target a weak point. How you can do better targeting a specific spot without the lock-on is beyond me, but for the most part that's what the lock on is there for.

It's beyond you because you don't actually bother to learn how the enemies move around or how their attacks leave them open for counter attacks. In other words, you're bad at the game and use lock on as a crutch. For instance, I don't need to lock on the various giants to know that after they pound their fists together, they're going to throw two punches in a straight line and then turn to wherever I'm at and throw a third one. It only too me getting punched one time to realize that.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#35BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 4:16:39 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Who cares? It's preference and some players prefer to use it. It may not help YOU at all but that doesn't mean it couldn't possibly help anybody else.

It's a crutch and it's making them bad at the game.

OkamiCloud7 posted...
couldnt it just mean you suck with lock on?

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

the lock on is fine and you can maneuver easily with it. its just you.

This. Haha. Try not sucking bro.

I don't believe I ever said I was 'bad' with lock-on, on. I'm just as effective either way, which is to say, better than you will ever be. What I said was that it makes it annoying to hit the parts I want to hit, because you either have to press the L button a bunch of times and hope that it randomly locks onto the part you want to hit, or you have to deal with the camera focusing on a different part of the enemy than you're trying to hit anyway. When you could just move the camera where you want it manually with one keypress.

Well then dont use it. That simple. I find it very handy. You just have to remember where everything is locked onto. Its not random. For Surt, I lockon to his belly, and when he spins and im locked on the right side, i simply press up or down and im locked onto the other side. You clearly just dont know how to use it. You have to be fast. So like I said, Stop sucking. And btw, i highly doubt you're better than me. Nobody is. Either the same, or less. Skill wise that is.
---
"Guess i'll logout and check my email or somethin."
#36Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:21:08 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Who cares? It's preference and some players prefer to use it. It may not help YOU at all but that doesn't mean it couldn't possibly help anybody else.

It's a crutch and it's making them bad at the game.

OkamiCloud7 posted...
couldnt it just mean you suck with lock on?

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

the lock on is fine and you can maneuver easily with it. its just you.

This. Haha. Try not sucking bro.

I don't believe I ever said I was 'bad' with lock-on, on. I'm just as effective either way, which is to say, better than you will ever be. What I said was that it makes it annoying to hit the parts I want to hit, because you either have to press the L button a bunch of times and hope that it randomly locks onto the part you want to hit, or you have to deal with the camera focusing on a different part of the enemy than you're trying to hit anyway. When you could just move the camera where you want it manually with one keypress.

Well then dont use it. That simple. I find it very handy. You just have to remember where everything is locked onto. Its not random. For Surt, I lockon to his belly, and when he spins and im locked on the right side, i simply press up or down and im locked onto the other side. You clearly just dont know how to use it. You have to be fast. So like I said, Stop sucking. And btw, i highly doubt you're better than me. Nobody is. Either the same, or less. Skill wise that is.

I'll always be faster than you, and better, because I don't need to press up or down.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#37O2AshPosted 11/11/2012 4:21:54 PM
I use it a lot for Bosses and single enemies. Screws me over then there are like... 2 enemies in the area. Mage here.
---
Professor Layton 3's Main Theme on Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bbmzlmP7o
Megaman Legends Music on Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfQ4iyx0XE
#38rvsoldierPosted 11/11/2012 4:26:03 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

It's beyond you because you don't actually bother to learn how the enemies move around or how their attacks leave them open for counter attacks. In other words, you're bad at the game and use lock on as a crutch. For instance, I don't need to lock on the various giants to know that after they pound their fists together, they're going to throw two punches in a straight line and then turn to wherever I'm at and throw a third one. It only too me getting punched one time to realize that.

This is some derp thinking. Did you really just say if you're locked onto an enemy you can't pay attention to how they move? That is asinine.
#39BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 4:31:58 PM
Lol it takes almost no effort to do it. Have you played Monster Hunter on the psp? To change the camera you have to press left or right on the d pad, which is very irritating. You have to develop a certain skill, which you are probably unaware of or just incapable of dealing with. i dont move my thumb to the d pad. i have my thumb on the left analog the whole time, and since L is not used more than once, I use my index finger for the d pad, never wasting time to move my fingers. And what class are you playing as btw?
---
#40BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 4:33:24 PM
rvsoldier posted...
Element_Pearl posted...

This is some derp thinking. Did you really just say if you're locked onto an enemy you can't pay attention to how they move? That is asinine.

TC logic is garbage and he is garbage.
---