Does anyone actually use the lock on?

#41Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:33:45 PM
Lol it takes almost no effort to do it. Have you played Monster Hunter on the psp? To change the camera you have to press left or right on the d pad, which is very irritating. You have to develop a certain skill, which you are probably unaware of or just incapable of dealing with. i dont move my thumb to the d pad. i have my thumb on the left analog the whole time, and since L is not used more than once, I use my index finger for the d pad, never wasting time to move my fingers. And what class are you playing as btw?

I don't use the d-pad in MH either. I either tap L to center the camera behind me or just fight with the camera where it is. I don't need the enemy right in front of me to know exactly what I'm doing, where I'm doing it, and what the enemy is doing and where they're doing it.

Element_Pearl posted...
Also, for most people, lock-on helps with specific bosses better then staying locked-off. Whether or not it's a "crutch" does not matter, this is a Co-Op game, not a competitive one. Also, your opinion =/= fact. People play how they want to play, your one of the very, very few who prefer to stay locked off at all times. Even though its easier to keep an eye on a boss, and target a weak point. How you can do better targeting a specific spot without the lock-on is beyond me, but for the most part that's what the lock on is there for.

It's beyond you because you don't actually bother to learn how the enemies move around or how their attacks leave them open for counter attacks. In other words, you're bad at the game and use lock on as a crutch. For instance, I don't need to lock on the various giants to know that after they pound their fists together, they're going to throw two punches in a straight line and then turn to wherever I'm at and throw a third one. It only too me getting punched one time to realize that.

This is some derp thinking. Did you really just say if you're locked onto an enemy you can't pay attention to how they move? That is asinine.

You don't need to pay attention to it, so you don't actually learn anything.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#42xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/11/2012 3:34:01 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Also, for most people, lock-on helps with specific bosses better then staying locked-off. Whether or not it's a "crutch" does not matter, this is a Co-Op game, not a competitive one. Also, your opinion =/= fact. People play how they want to play, your one of the very, very few who prefer to stay locked off at all times. Even though its easier to keep an eye on a boss, and target a weak point. How you can do better targeting a specific spot without the lock-on is beyond me, but for the most part that's what the lock on is there for.

It's beyond you because you don't actually bother to learn how the enemies move around or how their attacks leave them open for counter attacks. In other words, you're bad at the game and use lock on as a crutch. For instance, I don't need to lock on the various giants to know that after they pound their fists together, they're going to throw two punches in a straight line and then turn to wherever I'm at and throw a third one. It only too me getting punched one time to realize that.

LOL, is he serious? So because I can use the Lock-On more effectively then you can I suck at the game? First of all, your still in just Ch.8. When you get to Rank 10 and start doing some real fighting I suggest you don't talk about who's bad and who isn't, your still in the mindless button mashing phase of the game. FYI, I use both Lock-On and Lock-Off when the situation calls for it, don't call it a crutch because you can't use it because YOUR bad at the game. I've never heard of anyone being unable to use a "crutch" in a game. Your calling players bad because they know how to use a "crutch", what does that make you, someone who's unable to use a "crutch" effectively.
---
PSN:K-quick
#43Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:35:12 PM
This Blanzer guy is really hurt that he is bad at the game. Came into my topic, saw that lock-on is a crutch, probably has tons of high powered Near items, and got butthurt.
---
#44xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/11/2012 3:36:12 PM
Blanzer posted...
Lol it takes almost no effort to do it. Have you played Monster Hunter on the psp? To change the camera you have to press left or right on the d pad, which is very irritating. You have to develop a certain skill

Dat claw. Lol I <3 Monster Hunter.
---
#45BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 3:36:26 PM
xXxHaseoxXx posted...
Element_Pearl posted...

LOL, is he serious? So because I can use the Lock-On more effectively then you can I suck at the game? First of all, your still in just Ch.8. When you get to Rank 10 and start doing some real fighting I suggest you don't talk about who's bad and who isn't, your still in the mindless button mashing phase of the game. FYI, I use both Lock-On and Lock-Off when the situation calls for it, don't call it a crutch because you can't use it because YOUR bad at the game. I've never heard of anyone being unable to use a "crutch" in a game. Your calling players bad because they know how to use a "crutch", what does that make you, someone who's unable to use a "crutch" effectively.

Hahahahahaha THIS!
---
"Guess i'll logout and check my email or somethin."
#46BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 3:40:08 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
This Blanzer guy is really hurt that he is bad at the game. Came into my topic, saw that lock-on is a crutch, probably has tons of high powered Near items, and got butthurt.

Actually I assumed that you probably did. I haven't neared anything. And only added like 2 ppl who i partied with anyways. I also soloed all of the game, and continue to do so. I go online to help newbie out like you and to do some harder quests that you have no idea of, and for the online experience, but people online tend to be not so great at the game and we lose. I go offline and try it solo and its a piece of cake. If you've seen my other topics on this board, which you havent, i post things all the time about how easily I beat bosses ppl cant solo. Yes im cocky but its because i can be.
---
#47BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 3:41:12 PM
xXxHaseoxXx posted...
Blanzer posted...
Lol it takes almost no effort to do it. Have you played Monster Hunter on the psp? To change the camera you have to press left or right on the d pad, which is very irritating. You have to develop a certain skill

Haha exactly, someone understands.
---
#48xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/11/2012 3:43:13 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if TC is using a sin.
---
#49BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 3:45:12 PM
xXxHaseoxXx posted...

Thats why I asked haha. I used Hunter the whole game, which regardless of your skill, is a challenge. That 10 deaths before Chap 8 cant be used as evidence cuz theres so many factors that can apply to deaths in this game that deaths dont really matter.
---
#50Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:46:43 PM

Hammersmith.

xXxHaseoxXx posted...
Blanzer posted...

Haha exactly, someone understands.

Do you even know who I am? You were probably bad at Monster Hunter too. I don't think you helped write the damage FAQs for every version of the game.
---