Does anyone actually use the lock on?

#51CrmsnFatalis96Posted 11/11/2012 4:47:27 PM
You guys are all aware that Element Pearl is an elitist MH fan right?

Anyways, I think the point that he's trying to make is that if you get good at fighting without lock-on, you will be more effective than if you fight using lock-on.

I have not played RO, so I can't say from personal experience. However, based on my experience in games like MH, GEB, LoA, and DD I would say that he is probably right.

In MH, there is no lock-on so you are forced to learn to manually aim; after some practice you can hit whatever part of the monster you want with perfect precision.

In GEB, there was a camera lock-on. I thought that it gave a terrible camera angle (I don't know about this game though) and since I had no problem with the "claw," I found it better to manually control the camera (since the Vita has dual analog, I don't see how there could be any problem with manual camera control).

In LoA, there was a full lock-on. However, you couldn't lock-on to specific part of a monster so it caused a lot of unnecessary trouble when you wanted to hit a certain part; which is why I didn't use it.

Based on all of that, it seems to me that lock-on in RO would cause unnecessary problems if you are capable of manually aiming and controlling the camera. I'm sure it works just fine and it's great for people who can't manually aim (Just so we're perfectly clear, I am not implying anything to the effect of "you suck at games." I think that learning to manually aim is the hardest part of MH's learning curve. Let's face it, very few games make you manually aim, so naturally people will have a hard time adapting to it). However, it seems like it would cause all sorts of unnecessary problems like bad camera angles and needing to switch targets.

Like I said, I'm sure it's great for many, many people. However, coming from a game like MH where you learn to manually aim with perfect precision and manually control the camera with perfect accuracy, it's going to cause more problems than it's worth.
#52Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:47:47 PM
Great, now I got two bads in my topic teaming up so they won't feel bad. Except they're both still bad at the game no matter how much they post back and forth about other people.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#53Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:49:00 PM
You guys are all aware that Element Pearl is an elitist MH fan right?

Anyways, I think the point that he's trying to make is that if you get good at fighting without lock-on, you will be more effective than if you fight using lock-on.

I have not played RO, so I can't say from personal experience. However, based on my experience in games like MH, GEB, LoA, and DD I would say that he is probably right.

In MH, there is no lock-on so you are forced to learn to manually aim; after some practice you can hit whatever part of the monster you want with perfect precision.

In GEB, there was a camera lock-on. I thought that it gave a terrible camera angle (I don't know about this game though) and since I had no problem with the "claw," I found it better to manually control the camera (since the Vita has dual analog, I don't see how there could be any problem with manual camera control).

In LoA, there was a full lock-on. However, you couldn't lock-on to specific part of a monster so it caused a lot of unnecessary trouble when you wanted to hit a certain part; which is why I didn't use it.

Based on all of that, it seems to me that lock-on in RO would cause unnecessary problems if you are capable of manually aiming and controlling the camera. I'm sure it works just fine and it's great for people who can't manually aim (Just so we're perfectly clear, I am not implying anything to the effect of "you suck at games." I think that learning to manually aim is the hardest part of MH's learning curve. Let's face it, very few games make you manually aim, so naturally people will have a hard time adapting to it). However, it seems like it would cause all sorts of unnecessary problems like bad camera angles and needing to switch targets.

Like I said, I'm sure it's great for many, many people. However, coming from a game like MH where you learn to manually aim with perfect precision and manually control the camera with perfect accuracy, it's going to cause more problems than it's worth.

I'm pretty sure they don't know that considering they're talking about MH like I never heard of it before. Despite having a sticky topic on the MH3 boards.
---
#54BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 4:49:12 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
It wouldn't surprise me if TC is using a sin.

Hammersmith.

xXxHaseoxXx posted...
Blanzer posted...
Lol it takes almost no effort to do it. Have you played Monster Hunter on the psp? To change the camera you have to press left or right on the d pad, which is very irritating. You have to develop a certain skill

Dat claw. Lol I <3 Monster Hunter.

Haha exactly, someone understands.

Do you even know who I am? You were probably bad at Monster Hunter too. I don't think you helped write the damage FAQs for every version of the game.

Nobody important enough for me to know. Good job. Someone's gotta do it. Aint gonna be me. I have other things I take pride in. You have yours. So cool story bro.
---
"Guess i'll logout and check my email or somethin."
#55Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:52:21 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

Hammersmith.

xXxHaseoxXx posted...
Blanzer posted...
Lol it takes almost no effort to do it. Have you played Monster Hunter on the psp? To change the camera you have to press left or right on the d pad, which is very irritating. You have to develop a certain skill

Do you even know who I am? You were probably bad at Monster Hunter too. I don't think you helped write the damage FAQs for every version of the game.

Nobody important enough for me to know. Good job. Someone's gotta do it. Aint gonna be me. I have other things I take pride in. You have yours. So cool story bro.

lol, just lol. 'Oh man, this guy actually IS better at the game. Better puff up my chest and act self important'.

Go play with your HBGs, little kid.
---
#56SeilaerionPosted 11/11/2012 4:57:08 PM
ITT: A lot of people acting immature trying to sound tough and treat their biased opinions on either side of the debate as fact.

Some people like lock-on, some people don't. It takes more skill to play without lock-on efficiently, this is fact. Lock-on IS NOT, however, an autopilot system that lets you faceroll through the game with zero skill.

Get over yourselves, everyone.
---
PSN: Seilaerion
#57Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:59:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#58BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 5:00:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#59Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 5:01:23 PM
Ah yes, I was revealed to be a long time MH vet and he runs away.
---
#60xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/11/2012 5:02:11 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
It wouldn't surprise me if TC is using a sin.

Hammersmith.

xXxHaseoxXx posted...
Blanzer posted...

I was wondering where I saw you before from. Nobody has said anything about you being bad in Monster Hunter, frankly this topic has nothing to do with monster hunter. We're discussing your inability to use a "crutch"
---
PSN:K-quick