Does anyone actually use the lock on?

#61Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 5:05:09 PM
Lock on is as much a crutch as flash bombs were in MH.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#62BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 5:05:53 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Ah yes, I was revealed to be a long time MH vet and he runs away.

I already said that it doesn't matter to me. You are a very haughty and persistent person. I played Monster Hunter since the beginning as well, so we would be the same thing. I got everything and whatever what didn't bloat and take pride in it. I played the game to play the game. No need for anything extra. So shut up and move on.
---
"Guess i'll logout and check my email or somethin."
#63wartpigXPosted 11/11/2012 5:08:06 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Who cares? It's preference and some players prefer to use it. It may not help YOU at all but that doesn't mean it couldn't possibly help anybody else.

It's a crutch and it's making them bad at the game.

OkamiCloud7 posted...
couldnt it just mean you suck with lock on?

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

the lock on is fine and you can maneuver easily with it. its just you.

This. Haha. Try not sucking bro.

I don't believe I ever said I was 'bad' with lock-on, on. I'm just as effective either way, which is to say, better than you will ever be. What I said was that it makes it annoying to hit the parts I want to hit, because you either have to press the L button a bunch of times and hope that it randomly locks onto the part you want to hit, or you have to deal with the camera focusing on a different part of the enemy than you're trying to hit anyway. When you could just move the camera where you want it manually with one keypress.

Pro tip. Read tutorial text.
Left and right to switch between normal monsters. Up and down to target boss parts. On right stick. Not tap L and hope to get lucky

Kay bai
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#64BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 5:08:43 PM
Element_Pearl posted...

It;s a strategy, not a crutch. Lets bring in fighting games, since we're throwing things out there. People tend to spam a lot, some call it cheating, some don't. But they say if u can't get around it, that's your fault. They use whatever they can to win. Just like flash bombs and pitfalls and lock on. Whatever you need to do to win, do it. That's all you're trying to achieve. Doesn't matter how you do it as long as you win.
---
#65BlanzerPosted 11/11/2012 5:09:54 PM
wartpigX posted...
Element_Pearl posted...
Who cares? It's preference and some players prefer to use it. It may not help YOU at all but that doesn't mean it couldn't possibly help anybody else.

It's a crutch and it's making them bad at the game.

OkamiCloud7 posted...

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

This. Haha. Try not sucking bro.

I don't believe I ever said I was 'bad' with lock-on, on. I'm just as effective either way, which is to say, better than you will ever be. What I said was that it makes it annoying to hit the parts I want to hit, because you either have to press the L button a bunch of times and hope that it randomly locks onto the part you want to hit, or you have to deal with the camera focusing on a different part of the enemy than you're trying to hit anyway. When you could just move the camera where you want it manually with one keypress.

Pro tip. Read tutorial text.
Left and right to switch between normal monsters. Up and down to target boss parts. On right stick. Not tap L and hope to get lucky

Kay bai

Haha I forgot to point that out as well.
---
#66Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 5:10:18 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Ah yes, I was revealed to be a long time MH vet and he runs away.

I already said that it doesn't matter to me. You are a very haughty and persistent person. I played Monster Hunter since the beginning as well, so we would be the same thing. I got everything and whatever what didn't bloat and take pride in it. I played the game to play the game. No need for anything extra. So shut up and move on.

u mad

Element_Pearl posted...

It;s a strategy, not a crutch. Lets bring in fighting games, since we're throwing things out there. People tend to spam a lot, some call it cheating, some don't. But they say if u can't get around it, that's your fault. They use whatever they can to win. Just like flash bombs and pitfalls and lock on. Whatever you need to do to win, do it. That's all you're trying to achieve. Doesn't matter how you do it as long as you win.

Oh, wow. You used flashbombs and traps too. No wonder you're bad at RO as well if you never bothered to get good at MH.
---
#67Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 5:11:41 PM
Why would I read the instructions for something I'm never going to use? The tut text for lock on might as well read 'use this and never get any good at the game'.
---
#68JakeM99Posted 11/11/2012 6:11:59 PM
Seilaerion posted...
ITT: A lot of people acting immature trying to sound tough and treat their biased opinions on either side of the debate as fact.

Some people like lock-on, some people don't. It takes more skill to play without lock-on efficiently, this is fact. Lock-on IS NOT, however, an autopilot system that lets you faceroll through the game with zero skill.

Get over yourselves, everyone.

Nothing personal but, how can you make such a good point and then turn right around and root it in the ass?
---
"u only have like, 1hp in real life."-thealmighty
#69brett1081Posted 11/11/2012 6:45:57 PM
OkamiCloud7 posted...

Wow, thanks for being that guy. Every thread needs an "I am god at this game you just suxxx!!". Back to your miserable existence now.
---
PSN ID: Duran25
#70VardasKingsbanePosted 11/12/2012 6:04:54 AM
OkamiCloud7 posted...

I totally agree with this, lock-on is just amazing. I use it on my Assassin, Mage and Hunter. My first class was Hunter so I used it all the time, and now I literally can't fight (bosses) without it.

Using lock-on means you don't need to bother with the right stick to control the camera, so you can focus on your dashing and moving even better. Not to mention the super useful function of focusing the weaker part of a boss.

The only negative point I could see about lock-on is the vertical camera angle. It takes some getting used to for sure, but it's priceless once you get how to work with it.

Plus my fighting style is constant circling of the boss so lock-on serves to pivot the camera without me having to do it manually.

Most useful feature in RO imo. In fact I "go crazy" when I haven't locked on to the right monster part. Until I do I'm just half as useful.