Does anyone actually use the lock on?

#71VardasKingsbanePosted 11/12/2012 5:10:04 AM
Element_Pearl posted...
couldnt it just mean you suck with lock on?

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

the lock on is fine and you can maneuver easily with it. its just you.

How can you 'suck with lock on' when you can do better without using it at all? I have absolutely no problems destroying every part of an enemy that can be destroyed. All lock on is is an inefficient way to press more buttons and make it actually tougher to hit the parts of the enemy you want.
Element_Pearl posted...
'Only for bosses'. The one enemy where you wouldn't want to do it at all...

it actually helps when bosses have a particular spot that is more vulnerable than the rest of their body.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does, but you just suck with it, lol. Lock-on not only makes you press less buttons (I don't even use the right analog stick anymore in bosses) but it directs your character to face the locked on spot when you attack.

You might as well just accept that you can't play with it, for some of us it's a key feature of the game. I beat Skoll and Hati in the Extra Quest's Double Fight with Lock On. And I did it when I was still in chapter 7, with ch.7 gear.
#72synthetiksinPosted 11/12/2012 5:21:23 AM
ITT: People using the word crutch and not knowing what it means.

With that said, I rarely use it, only against flying stuff and first time fights with bosses to know what their weaknesses are.
#73Element_Pearl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 2:23:06 PM(edited)
Element_Pearl posted...

i use both lock on and off and if u cant dodge with lock on or as u save maneuver properly then thats an issue on your end and not a problem with the lock on system.

How can you 'suck with lock on' when you can do better without using it at all? I have absolutely no problems destroying every part of an enemy that can be destroyed. All lock on is is an inefficient way to press more buttons and make it actually tougher to hit the parts of the enemy you want.
Element_Pearl posted...
'Only for bosses'. The one enemy where you wouldn't want to do it at all...

it actually helps when bosses have a particular spot that is more vulnerable than the rest of their body.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does, but you just suck with it, lol. Lock-on not only makes you press less buttons (I don't even use the right analog stick anymore in bosses) but it directs your character to face the locked on spot when you attack.

You might as well just accept that you can't play with it, for some of us it's a key feature of the game. I beat Skoll and Hati in the Extra Quest's Double Fight with Lock On. And I did it when I was still in chapter 7, with ch.7 gear.

Learn to read. I don't use the right analog stick. If I need the camera to face a direction I use L to center it. That's the only camera manipulation I ever do. I can hit any part of any boss faster and easier than you will ever be able to, because I don't have to rely on a game mechanic that, even mastered, will always be slower than just doing it. IE, a crutch.

Also, big deal. I finished the game with a hammer I found in Chapter 1.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#74eroegoPosted 11/12/2012 2:41:20 PM
OkamiCloud7 posted...

so true
#75xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/12/2012 2:46:21 PM
Lol, now play through the Extra Quests.
---
PSN:K-quick
#76xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/12/2012 2:55:02 PM
xXxHaseoxXx posted...
Lol, now play through the Extra Quests.

Was referring to Element putting himself on a pedestal for getting through the button mashing phase of the game.
---
PSN:K-quick
#77Myrkr_OrmrPosted 11/12/2012 3:15:38 PM
i use Lock on on certain enemies, but not all, fast enemies i usually dont use it on them or enemies that can easily push me into a wall, cause then its a pain to fix or quickly move the camera

but on slower or stationary bosses or maybe smaller bosses (like Fenia/Menia) ill use it on them
---
"What humans do not understand, they fear..and what humans fear, they attempt to destroy."~Goliath, GARGOYLES
DFO Main: MyrkrOrmr