Farming for Crescent Scythe. (Solo)

#1xXxHaseoxXxPosted 11/12/2012 7:27:57 PM
Wondering what exactly Snatcher does. I heard it ups the rate of getting better weapons in the rewards. Now I would assume this would be better then scavenger hunt for this quest seeing as how Hjars fin can break multiple times. Anyone confirm this?
---
PSN:K-quick
#2DuDuDu10101Posted 11/12/2012 7:40:00 PM
snatcher is from breaking boss parts for loot

think you should use luck up since the quest reward frequently gifts weapons

and also luck shift if you're ballsy
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.
#3xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 7:55:37 PM
I thought so. Don't know where that guy got that its for weapons. So you suggest Luck Up over Scavenger Hunt? Also, I know Tavern gives better drops, but these lizards annoy me to no end (Even though I finish the fights within 2-8 mins). How much more difficult would this fight be in the Tavern?
---
#4xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:13:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:41:23 PM
Bump for the Tavern question. This is towards anyone with experience farming the Crescent Scythe.
---
#6BlanzerPosted 11/12/2012 8:46:28 PM
xXxHaseoxXx posted...
I thought so. Don't know where that guy got that its for weapons. So you suggest Luck Up over Scavenger Hunt? Also, I know Tavern gives better drops, but these lizards annoy me to no end (Even though I finish the fights within 2-8 mins). How much more difficult would this fight be in the Tavern?

It wouldn't be too much more difficult, but i will be a little bit. The damage won't be the problem, its just the amount of hp he has.
---
"Guess i'll logout and check my email or somethin."
#7Voiced408Posted 11/12/2012 8:51:52 PM
Luck Up is amazing.

The Tavern version isn't much more difficult. Consider your 2-8 minute runs to be 5-10 minute runs instead.
#8xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:21:56 PM
Good to know, any suggested strategies you guys prefer? My original strategy was to deal with Fafnir first rather then Hjar. For me it feels a lot more annoying to deal with Hjar considering his rage mode, and at the same time dealing with Fafnir, whos movements seem much faster then Hjars. Basically, knowing that Hjar is slower then Fafnir, and his half body mode isn't nearly as annoying as Hjars glowing fin mode, it makes it much easier to deal with Fafnir because Hjars movements are slower (just looking at his travel speed compared to Fafnirs you can see a difference), which allows for less interruptions.
---