Breakthrough in rare weapon farming (Beta)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Ragnarok Odyssey
  3. Breakthrough in rare weapon farming (Beta)
3 years ago#1
Guys, i think i have made an important discovery about the logic behind the drop & i wish to share with you guys. I know people don't like wall of texts but i will try to make it in point form for easy reading. Please kindly read till "methods of application" so you understand how it works. Guys please help me test this out to see how it works...

It is a continuation from my previous "drop tips" with similar steps just a bit of DETAILS for you to be aware of.

Summary of findings (hypothesis)

- Weapon drop is associated with an invisible "Luck Value"
- Different luck value permits different TIER of weapon drop: eg Nide Farbauti & Daeg Farbauti are two different tier weapon
- High tier weapon (traitor etc) drops within a high value range. Once it drops, the luck value that you own will be deducted
- You have to rebuild your luck value again to "high point" for another high tier weapon drop
- Luck Value is accumulated from completing quests. Perfect run (without using continue) will reward more luck value

Methods of application:

- Build up your luck value by completing the desired quests
- Save every round
- Look Out for UNWANTED drops such as Daeg Farbauti (high tier) with bad skills & unwanted high rarity cards because they reduce your luck value badly (in this scenario, you just restart the RO application and continue the earlier save)
- Recycle the save PRIOR to epic weapon drop
- Do not overwrite the SAVE and repeat the steps for desired epic weapon skills
- Try your best NOT to use any continue because it will reduce the luck value

Real life application (those that still do not understand)

I want to farm traitor. I save every single round and on the 5th round, i found a rare Grendel card drop which can reduce my luck value (i don't want that). I reopen RO and load up my 4th round save to continue farming. This time nothing rare drops between 4th to 9th round, so i save every round. On the 10th round, a traitor drops with sh*t skills. I reopen RO and load up 9th round save, on the 13th round after loading this save, a Daeg Farbauti that can greatly reduce my luck value dropped. I reopen RO again to load 9th save, this time traitor drops in 11th round. (Rinse & Repeat...)

Explanation (Interested readers)

I have always tried to improve the results for the drops tips that i provide. I got some response for people saying the drop is inconsistent. Therefore i wonder why sometimes it works on 5th drop while sometimes it drops only after 10+ rounds. Then yesterday i tested a new method on Crushing blow grendel. I keep reloading the save prior to traitor drop & for every attempt, i will only finish 6 times (if traitor doesn't drop in 6th attempt, i reopen RO and load the save again). I got a surprising result. I got 3 traitors in 5 attempts doing this, with the last one being critical attack x2.

Picture: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8807/20121127000012.jpg

I am satisfied with the result & tried it for Minstrel Bow. This time it DOESN'T work at all the time. I pondered... then i start to notice the drop pattern of Hraesvelgr. When the bird drops rare 10/9 cards, the remaining runs will net me nothing good. If the bird drops me Daeg Farbauti, the remaining ones also won't net me good items. Finally i tried this method. Everytime i see a Daeg Farbauti & rare card drop, i will reload the ealier save to start it again. Voila!... minstrel bow drops after 6th round with all mediocre drops on the process.

Good luck folks. Please report the results with me.
---
PSN ID: angmoduriankhan
3 years ago#2
angmodurian posted...
Guys, i think i have made an important discovery about the logic behind the drop & i wish to share with you guys. I know people don't like wall of texts but i will try to make it in point form for easy reading. Please kindly read till "methods of application" so you understand how it works. Guys please help me test this out to see how it works...

It is a continuation from my previous "drop tips" with similar steps just a bit of DETAILS for you to be aware of.

Summary of findings (hypothesis)

- Weapon drop is associated with an invisible "Luck Value"
- Different luck value permits different TIER of weapon drop: eg Nide Farbauti & Daeg Farbauti are two different tier weapon
- High tier weapon (traitor etc) drops within a high value range. Once it drops, the luck value that you own will be deducted
- You have to rebuild your luck value again to "high point" for another high tier weapon drop
- Luck Value is accumulated from completing quests. Perfect run (without using continue) will reward more luck value

Methods of application:

- Build up your luck value by completing the desired quests
- Save every round
- Look Out for UNWANTED drops such as Daeg Farbauti (high tier) with bad skills & unwanted high rarity cards because they reduce your luck value badly (in this scenario, you just restart the RO application and continue the earlier save)
- Recycle the save PRIOR to epic weapon drop
- Do not overwrite the SAVE and repeat the steps for desired epic weapon skills
- Try your best NOT to use any continue because it will reduce the luck value

Real life application (those that still do not understand)

I want to farm traitor. I save every single round and on the 5th round, i found a rare Grendel card drop which can reduce my luck value (i don't want that). I reopen RO and load up my 4th round save to continue farming. This time nothing rare drops between 4th to 9th round, so i save every round. On the 10th round, a traitor drops with sh*t skills. I reopen RO and load up 9th round save, on the 13th round after loading this save, a Daeg Farbauti that can greatly reduce my luck value dropped. I reopen RO again to load 9th save, this time traitor drops in 11th round. (Rinse & Repeat...)

Explanation (Interested readers)

I have always tried to improve the results for the drops tips that i provide. I got some response for people saying the drop is inconsistent. Therefore i wonder why sometimes it works on 5th drop while sometimes it drops only after 10+ rounds. Then yesterday i tested a new method on Crushing blow grendel. I keep reloading the save prior to traitor drop & for every attempt, i will only finish 6 times (if traitor doesn't drop in 6th attempt, i reopen RO and load the save again). I got a surprising result. I got 3 traitors in 5 attempts doing this, with the last one being critical attack x2.

Picture: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8807/20121127000012.jpg

I am satisfied with the result & tried it for Minstrel Bow. This time it DOESN'T work at all the time. I pondered... then i start to notice the drop pattern of Hraesvelgr. When the bird drops rare 10/9 cards, the remaining runs will net me nothing good. If the bird drops me Daeg Farbauti, the remaining ones also won't net me good items. Finally i tried this method. Everytime i see a Daeg Farbauti & rare card drop, i will reload the ealier save to start it again. Voila!... minstrel bow drops after 6th round with all mediocre drops on the process.

Good luck folks. Please report the results with me.

by reopen, do you mean you go back to the menu, or do you reopen RO from the livearea?
---
RO R3 Asuna
mainspec Assassin offspec Sword Warrior
3 years ago#3
Reopen means tear away the RO application and restart it.
---
3 years ago#4
angmodurian posted...

I see...

what about continue? i dont really understand that part...

are geofu, tyr, ansur considered high tiers?
---
RO R3 Asuna
mainspec Assassin offspec Sword Warrior
3 years ago#5
By continue, I believe he means get KO'd

This is very interesting stuff tc, thank you

And to echo what he said, do you have a list of tiers?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/LegendofJerZ.png
3 years ago#6
x1o8x posted...
angmodurian posted...

I see...

what about continue? i dont really understand that part...

are geofu, tyr, ansur considered high tiers?

Continue means dying in the quest. You have 3 continues in a quest, try not to use it.

geofu, tyr, ansur are not considered high tiers. Look out for rare cards & Daeg Farbauti. Those can heavily deplete the luck value, making the next epic drop very long.

I need you to help me test it. If around 20 people say it works, this logic will stand :)
---
3 years ago#7
Jacknicklson posted...
By continue, I believe he means get KO'd

This is very interesting stuff tc, thank you

And to echo what he said, do you have a list of tiers?

At the current state, i am still not able to identify those tiers exactly but watch out for the weapon acquisition sound (a "tink" sound when you acquire the weapon).

I wonder if for example, a silver ing balmung dropped, will it reduce the luck value? For safety measures, you can choose to reload the save but i think it won't affect that much. Just look out for those Daegs & rare cards.
---
3 years ago#8
I don't know, seems like confirmation bias, would be nice to see some statistics over couple hundred runs if you have them recorded.

Personally, I just go by 8% drop rate for Traitor and Daeg Farbauti.

Some guy on Baha ran Crushing Blow over 1,000 times and ended up with 2,182 weapon drops; 83 of which were Traitors and 81 Daegs. You can find his original thread here:

http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=11425&snA=2537&tnum=4

His Traitor pics:
http://truth.bahamut.com.tw/s01/201211/584fa397330255170e25f4e3c41ae746.JPG
http://truth.bahamut.com.tw/s01/201211/5e7764770ecc982d442dca817b06d438.JPG

All his weapon drops over 1,000 runs in animated GIF:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4035/53356535.gif
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3302/58859570.gif
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8469/13638658.gif
---
PSN - Unknown_PC
3 years ago#9
Unknown_PC, i agree but it is not possible to do such a massive stuff lol. I already have people testified that the earlier method that i provided works. This is the enhanced version, I hope it is promising. You may want to test it since you farming for epic anyway?
---
3 years ago#10
Oh absolutely, I will definitely try it out as well and see how it goes after a couple hundred runs and see if it deviates from the supposed odds.

Thanks for the informative write-up.
---
PSN - Unknown_PC
  1. Boards
  2. Ragnarok Odyssey
  3. Breakthrough in rare weapon farming (Beta)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived