Breakthrough in rare weapon farming (Beta)

#141angmodurian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:15:42 AM
Megiddo_Flare posted...
Alright, I've been trying this new method, and I have to say that it does work, at least for me. However, I've hit a dilemma now. I got a crappy Traitor (step OP, Enh Kat Lv4) but I got TWO Giant Droplets as a quest reward. Do I risk all the luck I've built for a cruddy Epic and 2 ultra rare mats, or restart for a better Traitor...

http://tinyurl.com/99y5fzx

Please restart. It takes very LONG if you keep that rubbish traitor. Drops are just materials... don't hesitate just reset or else it will take very long.
---
PSN ID: angmoduriankhan
#142angmodurian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:17:11 AM
iori3000 posted...
I'm getting sick and tired of doing the Surt quest.. I keep dieing near the end near his death.. I have solo'd without deaths a few times, but it's really goddamn hard not to get killed when you are having to keep away from the adds while dealing with his ridiculous hitbox.. He literally hits you while it looks like you are dodging him..

Surt is a cakewalk with DS build. Just do a basic DS build and glue to his side belly. He will die very fast.
---
#143MawcuzPosted 11/30/2012 10:14:22 AM
Well, decided to repeat your theory on this method, and I can say I'm a bit disappoited with the 2nd and 3rd attempts. As mentioned before, it seemed to "work" with crushing blow after a few rounds, but that's all it seemed to work for...

2nd Attempt: The Tyrannical Think Tank:53 Runs: 4 Deaths(reset when occured)
Results? : 6 Cards, A Bunch of Materials, 89 Weapons, 0 Muramasas...
Did as mentioned, reset whenever coming across a card or daeg weapon, no luck.

3rd Attempt: Falling Stars with Chances Encounter: 39 Runs: 3 Deaths(reset when occured)
Results: 4 Cards, A Bunch of Materials, 46 Weapons, 0 Scythes...

Beginning to have my doubts...
#144TheUrbanMenacePosted 11/30/2012 11:27:17 AM
angmodurian posted...
Guys, i think i have made an important discovery about the logic behind the drop & i wish to share with you guys. I know people don't like wall of texts but i will try to make it in point form for easy reading. Please kindly read till "methods of application" so you understand how it works. Guys please help me test this out to see how it works...

It is a continuation from my previous "drop tips" with similar steps just a bit of DETAILS for you to be aware of.

Summary of findings (hypothesis)

- Weapon drop is associated with an invisible "Luck Value"
- Different luck value permits different TIER of weapon drop: eg Nide Farbauti & Daeg Farbauti are two different tier weapon
- High tier weapon (traitor etc) drops within a high value range. Once it drops, the luck value that you own will be deducted
- You have to rebuild your luck value again to "high point" for another high tier weapon drop
- Luck Value is accumulated from completing quests. Perfect run (without using continue) will reward more luck value

Methods of application:

- Build up your luck value by completing the desired quests
- Save every round
- Look Out for UNWANTED drops such as Daeg Farbauti (high tier) with bad skills & unwanted high rarity cards because they reduce your luck value badly (in this scenario, you just restart the RO application and continue the earlier save)
- Recycle the save PRIOR to epic weapon drop
- Do not overwrite the SAVE and repeat the steps for desired epic weapon skills
- Try your best NOT to use any continue because it will reduce the luck value

Real life application (those that still do not understand)

I want to farm traitor. I save every single round and on the 5th round, i found a rare Grendel card drop which can reduce my luck value (i don't want that). I reopen RO and load up my 4th round save to continue farming. This time nothing rare drops between 4th to 9th round, so i save every round. On the 10th round, a traitor drops with sh*t skills. I reopen RO and load up 9th round save, on the 13th round after loading this save, a Daeg Farbauti that can greatly reduce my luck value dropped. I reopen RO again to load 9th save, this time traitor drops in 11th round. (Rinse & Repeat...)

Explanation (Interested readers)

I have always tried to improve the results for the drops tips that i provide. I got some response for people saying the drop is inconsistent. Therefore i wonder why sometimes it works on 5th drop while sometimes it drops only after 10+ rounds. Then yesterday i tested a new method on Crushing blow grendel. I keep reloading the save prior to traitor drop & for every attempt, i will only finish 6 times (if traitor doesn't drop in 6th attempt, i reopen RO and load the save again). I got a surprising result. I got 3 traitors in 5 attempts doing this, with the last one being critical attack x2.

Picture: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8807/20121127000012.jpg

I am satisfied with the result & tried it for Minstrel Bow. This time it DOESN'T work at all the time. I pondered... then i start to notice the drop pattern of Hraesvelgr. When the bird drops rare 10/9 cards, the remaining runs will net me nothing good. If the bird drops me Daeg Farbauti, the remaining ones also won't net me good items. Finally i tried this method. Everytime i see a Daeg Farbauti & rare card drop, i will reload the ealier save to start it again. Voila!... minstrel bow drops after 6th round with all mediocre drops on the process.

Good luck folks. Please report the results with me.

tested it, did surt extra run 3 times, no continues, muramasa at the third run. Does it works on cards? hunting orc trans with no luck
#145DashineseboiPosted 11/30/2012 2:04:00 PM
Nothing = Everything that's not a daeg/card
1- Traitor
2- Daeg
3-nothing
4-card
5-card
6-Daeg
7-card
8-nothing
9- a golden bow lol(didnt reset)
10-nothing
11-nothing
11-nothing
12-daeg
13-nothing
14-card
15-nothing
16-nothing
17-card
18-nothing
19-nothing
20-nothing
21-daeg
22-nothing
23-nothing
24- Crappy ass traitor :D(reset)
25- to be ***cking continued
---
psn: dashineseboi
#146angmodurian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:56:23 PM
TheUrbanMenace, it works on cards. For cards, you do it the other way round by discarding rare weapons & accumulate luck value for rare cards.
---
#147angmodurian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:00:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#148angmodurian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:14:16 PM
Mawcuz posted...
Well, decided to repeat your theory on this method, and I can say I'm a bit disappoited with the 2nd and 3rd attempts. As mentioned before, it seemed to "work" with crushing blow after a few rounds, but that's all it seemed to work for...

2nd Attempt: The Tyrannical Think Tank:53 Runs: 4 Deaths(reset when occured)
Results? : 6 Cards, A Bunch of Materials, 89 Weapons, 0 Muramasas...

3rd Attempt: Falling Stars with Chances Encounter: 39 Runs: 3 Deaths(reset when occured)
Results: 4 Cards, A Bunch of Materials, 46 Weapons, 0 Scythes...

Beginning to have my doubts...

It's ok to have doubts and criticize this method. But i hope people are REALISTIC. I am doing this to make it EASIER for people. If you are unhappy, you can resort to conventional farming that will take days for you to get it. It's your choice.

Btw have you checked that LUCK UP is unequipped? Look somewhere in this post, Blanzer is farming Muramasa whereas i am farming Minstrel bow. Both of us obtained the same results that we go for.
---
---
#149angmodurian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:28:19 PM
Dashineseboi posted...
Nothing = Everything that's not a daeg/card
1- Traitor
2- Daeg
3-nothing
4-card
5-card
6-Daeg
7-card
8-nothing
9- a golden bow lol(didnt reset)
10-nothing
11-nothing
11-nothing
12-daeg
13-nothing
14-card
15-nothing
16-nothing
17-card
18-nothing
19-nothing
20-nothing
21-daeg
22-nothing
23-nothing
24- Crappy ass traitor :D(reset)
25- to be ***cking continued

Dashinese, i think you have accumulate enough Luck value for traitor already. I have also realized that Silver weapons (other than daeg) might reduce your luck value drastically too, i want you to discart all silver equipments.

Your luck seems really bad. I want you to stop saving now & just do a reset if traitor doesn't drop in 6th run for every attempt. I realize that Traitor will usually drop within 5 rounds. Check that you have unquipped your LUCK UP, scavenger hunt skills etc.

If it doesn't work. I am afraid i can't do more to help.
---
#150DashineseboiPosted 12/1/2012 12:27:57 AM
by discard silver you mean reset?
---
psn: dashineseboi