Mages?

#1damn_you_darioPosted 11/29/2012 10:23:36 PM
So it's becoming apparent to me now, that Mages are possibly the worst class in the game. Their attacks are slower than Hunter's which is not ideal for glass cannon crit builds, while Hunters can do fine with it.
I think the only saving grace they have is their Epic Weapons.
So which one is better in your opinions?
Bone Staff or Staff of Destruction?
I'm currently farming for Bone Staff, gotten one with crappy skills, trying to get a Bone Staff with it's unique skill.
I have never seen a player with Staff of Destruction before, I know the 2nd unique skill it has is pretty crappy, but the first one seems to be SP related. Does anyone here have the full description for Staff of Destruction's skills?
---
The Scarlet King
#2windmasteryPosted 11/29/2012 10:32:35 PM
Nu'uh!!
Agree that hunter got higher damage potential LATER ON.
But, imo, mages are better early on and on Air Combat!
Hunters lose so many attack on air, not to mention the long charge time...
On the ground, Hunters kick mages' ass, though...
And It's HUNTER'S epic weapon that's saving their asses, not Mage's

Sorry don't know about Staff of Distraction's unique skills. I do know about Bone Staff, though
---
Let the wind be your guide...
PSN: aeroga93
#3damn_you_dario(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:36:50 PM
Yeah I'm trying to get those unique skills from the Staff, so far all I got is 2 Bone Staffs with Energy Coat lvl 5 and Staff Enhancement...
Also in the air it depends who you're facing. If it's Grendel for example then Hunters win hands down, because all they need to do is jump until they reach the head's height, then use O without pressing a direction for that insane rapid fire attack.
---
The Scarlet King
#4windmasteryPosted 11/29/2012 10:48:59 PM
I see...
I never liked hunter's air combos since I usually messed up the button and use the dive attack.
That's why I always thought that mages would do better (than Hunters) against Grendel (and Hrungnir and Surt)
Guess, I'm just impatient.
Gonna try this strategy out later XP
---
#5lordbinkyPosted 12/8/2012 1:23:26 PM
I can't stand hunters, I much prefer the mage for ranged. While jumping you just have to use basic then special attack for their fireball that has great range and damage, plus the chance of catching them on fire, you have much more AP to run around with, and I feel like they are tougher but I'm not 100% sure on that.
#6ronsocute124Posted 12/8/2012 1:26:13 PM
may be ill visit my screenshot dfast run my mage's here hahaha ^^>
---
like me or hate me,either way ill be on your timeline.:)
currently playing ragnarok odyssey Mage&Hunter <3
#7leozhontaiPosted 12/8/2012 7:51:54 PM
What mages dont be getting outdamage by hunters u just not good being a mage yes hunter hit fast but mages hit slower but alot harder if you noe what magic to use at acertain time
#8angmodurianPosted 12/8/2012 7:58:46 PM
damn_you_dario posted...
So it's becoming apparent to me now, that Mages are possibly the worst class in the game. Their attacks are slower than Hunter's which is not ideal for glass cannon crit builds, while Hunters can do fine with it.
I'm currently farming for Bone Staff, gotten one with crappy skills, trying to get a Bone Staff with it's unique skill.
I have never seen a player with Staff of Destruction before, I know the 2nd unique skill it has is pretty crappy, but the first one seems to be SP related. Does anyone here have the full description for Staff of Destruction's skills?

I got lucky the first time the Staff of distraction drops on me. It has a unique mage first skill (can't remember the name now) that acts like one SP recycle but also boosts magic damage. The second skill is Staff Aptitude.

Hehe this class is obviously not useless. I am hitting 600-800 damage per hit (outside of ds mode). Guess what, i am hitting 1.7k-2k in my ds mode & each storm gust deals around 1-5k to 2k per spin, so the storm gust hits around 5 times each, you do the maths...

I think Staff of distraction is clearly the better staff to go.
---
PSN ID: angmoduriankhan
#9windmasteryPosted 12/8/2012 9:44:23 PM
angmodurian posted...
damn_you_dario posted...

I got lucky the first time the Staff of distraction drops on me. It has a unique mage first skill (can't remember the name now) that acts like one SP recycle but also boosts magic damage. The second skill is Staff Aptitude.

Hehe this class is obviously not useless. I am hitting 600-800 damage per hit (outside of ds mode). Guess what, i am hitting 1.7k-2k in my ds mode & each storm gust deals around 1-5k to 2k per spin, so the storm gust hits around 5 times each, you do the maths...

I think Staff of distraction is clearly the better staff to go.

FTW :O
I got to know what build you use XD
Gosh, it's almost been two weeks since I last played this game
---
#10angmodurianPosted 12/8/2012 10:07:12 PM
I made a mistake. The skill is called "enhance magic strength" that boosts all staff damage & increase SP acquisition.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2167/20121209130316.jpg
---
PSN ID: angmoduriankhan