Who here uses lock on?

#1Period_EggsPosted 12/1/2012 9:37:28 AM
Personally, I can't stand using it unless I want to quickly find a small enemy in a large area. During boss battles when I try using lock on I end up changing hitzones constantly because I instinctively try to move the camera.
---
PSN: MinorV_aginor
Official real gamer of the im a real gamer youre a real lamer
#2PeeEssTriplePosted 12/1/2012 10:53:53 AM
It's crap. Just tap L to point your camera in the right angle, the lock-on system was poorly done...maybe if it prioritized lock on to first the thing nearest the center of your screen, and second the nearest object you are facing, then third the nearest enemy, it would be a decent system- but it just seems to lock onto whatever is closest to you which ends up screwing you sometimes.
#3ayashiboiPosted 12/1/2012 1:15:11 PM
I love it on some bosses, hate it on others. It really can depend on the situation.

I use lock on mostly for any boss that can literally fly across the room and i end up not seeing where it went. It also helps a lot if you're a hunter, cause that angle is very important to not miss >.>
#4MawcuzPosted 12/1/2012 1:23:21 PM
I don't use it much. If I do, its usually with Hunter. I don't see it being very useful with other classes. It does help keep track of some bosses, like Hait & Skoll who just love to move, and at times helps with the birds.
#5BlanzerPosted 12/1/2012 3:00:45 PM
lol here we go with another of these topics. I use it all the time. Keeps the camera focused where I want it with no need to change it. Attacks the body part I want it to. Especially useful for bosses that move around a lot. The lock on system wasn't done poorly people just don't use it correctly or don't like it.
---
"Guess i'll logout and check my email or somethin."
#6jagger_wandererPosted 12/1/2012 4:07:12 PM
People mistake the lock on for a targeting lock on. It's a camera lock on. A lot of players just want to mash buttons after having the game point them in the right direction hence why many hate it. It's very useful just not when minions are around.
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#7TetheallaPosted 12/1/2012 4:23:36 PM
Almost always use it for bosses, unless they have minions.

Never use it for normal enemies.

It locks the camera on the enemy, which is nice
---
More carrots? I am neither a horse nor a rabbit, woman. I think you've got a serious fetish. -- Lucius (Trinity Universe)
[PSN: ArcanaXIII]
#8YuutaMoePosted 12/1/2012 4:25:28 PM
No longer using it, but it's pretty helpful against bosses with homing spinning attacks like Hati and most especially against Menia