Acorn Hammer Shard

#1xXxHaseoxXxPosted 12/4/2012 8:35:22 PM
I'm aware of this dropping in the Extra "Two in Light of Dusk" but where else can I get these?
---
PSN:K-quick
#2nerrickkPosted 12/4/2012 8:35:56 PM
Do 9-5, kill her as fast as you can, quit if you dont get it, rinse repeat
#3xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:37:21 PM
Which of the two actually drops it?
---
#4damn_you_darioPosted 12/4/2012 8:45:04 PM
Okay first of all, it drops from Menia.
Second, it drops on ANY quest containing her, not just Two Lights of Dusk.
The only unique material contained in Two Lights of Dusk is the Light Epsilon Hammer.
However Light of Dusk has a higher % for dropping Leaf Breatsplates and Fenia's Mask, both of which are needed to make Fenia's outfit set.
So you can farm for Acorn Hammer shard on Ch. 7 Menia if you want.
---
The Scarlet King
#5xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:48:26 PM
damn_you_dario posted...
Okay first of all, it drops from Menia.
Second, it drops on ANY quest containing her, not just Two Lights of Dusk.
The only unique material contained in Two Lights of Dusk is the Light Epsilon Hammer.
However Light of Dusk has a higher % for dropping Leaf Breatsplates and Fenia's Mask, both of which are needed to make Fenia's outfit set.
So you can farm for Acorn Hammer shard on Ch. 7 Menia if you want.

Are you 100% positive on that I can farm CH.7 Menia for it? Does it at least drop often? I'm asking because its a requirement to refine a Crescent Scythe.
---
#6nerrickkPosted 12/4/2012 8:58:53 PM
The reason I suggested 9-5 was because you can use pots to kill her in 30 seconds - 1 min, then abandon when you don't get it so you save your pots.
#7xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:59:54 PM
nerrickk posted...
The reason I suggested 9-5 was because you can use pots to kill her in 30 seconds - 1 min, then abandon when you don't get it so you save your pots.

I'm a SW user not a sin user.
---
#8damn_you_darioPosted 12/4/2012 9:00:48 PM
^that's actually a good idea, although with a crit build you can do the same to Ch. 7 Menia.
But you have to sit through the dying animation, then the 20 second wait, then results screen....so yeah your method is faster.
---
The Scarlet King
#9xXxHaseoxXx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:04:19 PM
Yeah I just killed Ch.7 Menia 7 times and nothing, Ill try 9-5, though i seem to get it mostly from rewards and not drops (probably because I use a Balmung with Crit att lv5 and luck up) so that method might not work so well.
---
#10RsilensRPosted 12/4/2012 9:21:32 PM
I was farming leaf-hammer shards to upgrade my Traitor, but in the process I also got 9 acorn-hammer shards. I did only "Final battle 1" with Luck Up and Scavenger Hunt equipped, I suggest you do the same. Each fight took me about two minutes because I always killed both, if you only go for Menia it will be quicker but you will lose the chance of obtaining the item as a quest reward.

Don't try Two in the Light of Dusk if you only need acorn-hammer shards, it's a waste of time.
---
The facts expressed in this post belong to everybody, the opinions to me. The distinction is yours to draw.