Sword Warrior best build

#11damn_you_dario(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:07:32 PM(edited)
Thing is before the build I currently use which focuses on maxing out attack supplemented with Crit Pow I only did a measly 200-260 per hit with the waves. I tested my current build and it does 500-550 on most bosses like Lizards, Birds, Wolves, Grendels, and Menia/Fenia. I realize with Serial Attacks that would jump to 800+, but losing all the attack in process is not ideal I think. I have a Muramasa +7 with 120 Attack, it has Serial Attacks and Sword Aptitude. I haven't tested Hjaha Edge on it yet but I'll do it soon, I just think that it's more ideal to keep what I have now, and possibly farm for a Gold Muramasa with Serial Attacks (I really hope that's not the case...)

Also just to be clear we are talking about the North American version right? The JP and ASIA version didn't have their DS Mode nerfed like it did for NA.
---
The Scarlet King
#12x1o8xPosted 1/2/2013 9:36:51 PM
damn_you_dario posted...
Thing is before the build I currently use which focuses on maxing out attack supplemented with Crit Pow I only did a measly 200-260 per hit with the waves. I tested my current build and it does 500-550 on most bosses like Lizards, Birds, Wolves, Grendels, and Menia/Fenia. I realize with Serial Attacks that would jump to 800+, but losing all the attack in process is not ideal I think. I have a Muramasa +7 with 120 Attack, it has Serial Attacks and Sword Aptitude. I haven't tested Hjaha Edge on it yet but I'll do it soon, I just think that it's more ideal to keep what I have now, and possibly farm for a Gold Muramasa with Serial Attacks (I really hope that's not the case...)

Also just to be clear we are talking about the North American version right? The JP and ASIA version didn't have their DS Mode nerfed like it did for NA.

im playing asian version, and I think ours got nerfed as well. I'm dealing exactly same damage as you guys would deal given the same stats.
---
RO R3 Asuna
PSN: thora_x1o8x
#13Voiced408Posted 1/3/2013 1:51:50 AM
Ugh can't believe you got that double berserk Poleaxe...
#14damn_you_dario(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:34:22 AM
I actually wanted to get one with Deathbound Lv.3, I never expected this one would drop.
---
The Scarlet King
#15xXxHaseoxXxPosted 1/3/2013 2:38:31 AM
This seems to be the best topic to bring this up, but why doesn't anyone ever talk about the Crescent Scythe and its Splash Attack? I really think that skill has a TON of potential. I've been experimenting with it, but sadly I'm lacking cards to really put it to a real test. From what I've seen though, when doing a ground TTTOO combo and timing it correctly, the last O brings out TWO shockwaves at once that deal FAR more damage then Hja's shockwaves. Combining both Splash and Edge can do some serious damage. Now obviously, a Serial Attacks Muramasa is much easier to use since all you need to do is spam T, but I like the idea of mastering Splash Attack to add a bit more skill, and if I'm right the DPS MIGHT be higher. Muramasa might have brandish, but as a substitute for that, I made a Splash/Natural Killer Scythe (Better then harvester, unless you would want to use both Harvester and the Natural Killer card.)
---
PSN:K-quick
#16damn_you_dario(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 9:26:30 AM(edited)
Well the thing is the DPS in that is slow compared to spamming TTTTT in DS Mode.
I think the best combo to use for Crescent Scythe would be a Gold Pole-Axe with Deathbound Lv.5 since it gives +20% damage to any combo string besides TTTTT, added of course with Serial Attacks from Muramasa. But no one farmed for that yet so far...so I don't know for sure. I'm not even sure if the shockwaves from Crescent Scythe would do significantly more damage than Hjahanir's in DS Mode. Maybe if they do 1000+ damage then it would be worth it.

Again my current build lets me do 500+ damage per shockwave during DS Mode. It's only 1 shockwave per button press but it's produced much faster than Splash Attack. The most damaging hits from Splash Attack is TOOOO, it what I always use on the ground when I have it equipped, either that or TTTOO. But to get them off it takes time, a lot more time than spamming TTTTT, so unless their damage is at least double of what Hjahanir's Edge offers in DS Mode, they're not viable.
---
The Scarlet King
#17xXxHaseoxXxPosted 1/3/2013 10:15:51 AM(edited)
damn_you_dario posted...
Well the thing is the DPS in that is slow compared to spamming TTTTT in DS Mode.
I think the best combo to use for Crescent Scythe would be a Gold Pole-Axe with Deathbound Lv.5 since it gives +20% damage to any combo string besides TTTTT, added of course with Serial Attacks from Muramasa. But no one farmed for that yet so far...so I don't know for sure. I'm not even sure if the shockwaves from Crescent Scythe would do significantly more damage than Hjahanir's in DS Mode. Maybe if they do 1000+ damage then it would be worth it.

Again my current build lets me do 500+ damage per shockwave during DS Mode. It's only 1 shockwave per button press but it's produced much faster than Splash Attack. The most damaging hits from Splash Attack is TOOOO, it what I always use on the ground when I have it equipped, either that or TTTOO. But to get them off it takes time, a lot more time than spamming TTTTT, so unless their damage is at least double of what Hjahanir's Edge offers in DS Mode, they're not viable.

I'm saying to use it in combination with Hja Edge, the TOOOO combo is way to slow, TTTOO seems to be the best option. But the damage might be double that of hja edge, maybe more, I have to experiment on it more, but I think the Splash deserves a bit more attention.

EDIT: THAT'S how deathbound works? Hmmm... This has me interested, but doesn't Deathbound sort of high in cost? Poleaxe deductions aren't very good even when gold. Unless your suggesting a gold Scythe with Splash?
---
#18damn_you_dario(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:29:14 AM(edited)
Any combination of those, either Gold Scythe or Gold Axe. If Deathbound increases the shockwaves from Splash then it might just end up having triple damage compared to Hjaha. Still even if it is spamming TTOOO on the ground or TTTO on the air, that's only 2 waves. In that same time frame you could have completed TTTTT on the ground and TTTT on the air. So unless that damage is over double of what Hjaha produces, it's not worth it.

Now this still isn't worth it when combined with Hjaha, because instead of going into that combo string you can be more efficient by simply dash cancelling your TTTTT end animation and go into another one. You are in DS Mode after all.
---
The Scarlet King
#19xXxHaseoxXxPosted 1/3/2013 11:56:37 AM
damn_you_dario posted...
Any combination of those, either Gold Scythe or Gold Axe. If Deathbound increases the shockwaves from Splash then it might just end up having triple damage compared to Hjaha. Still even if it is spamming TTOOO on the ground or TTTO on the air, that's only 2 waves. In that same time frame you could have completed TTTTT on the ground and TTTT on the air. So unless that damage is over double of what Hjaha produces, it's not worth it.

Now this still isn't worth it when combined with Hjaha, because instead of going into that combo string you can be more efficient by simply dash cancelling your TTTTT end animation and go into another one. You are in DS Mode after all.

Right, and if I'm right those two Splash shockwaves could equal 4 Hja shockwaves, possibly more. There's also the fact that the O attacks deal more damage then T attacks in general anyway, and have that possible knockback chance.
---
#20DiasPosted 1/8/2013 5:04:16 AM
My hits are weak but I don't have any Crit Power 5 cards the best crit power card I have is Natural killer.
---
PSN:Syhyginae
Makes no difference to me, straight, ***, bi, it's all meat hon color me carnivorous and horny. -Ryofu Housen from Ikkitousen Manga.