So what are the bad parts of this game?

#1FlipManV3Posted 1/28/2013 7:26:45 AM
With quite a low aggregate and many people saying they couldn't even finish the demo, what is bad about the game?

I actually already have the game, although I have no played it. Does co-op with a friend make the game better at all? I can convince a friend to buy it if it's worth playing with a friend.
Obviously, there is a lot of people here who are veterans who are liking the game, but what are the concerns as far as reviews go?
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#2ronsocute124Posted 1/28/2013 7:35:23 AM
bad= the stu*** drop rate in this game,but so challenging good for longterm players like me.

but although i love this game because of the environment and character customize and also fun playing adhoc or online talking each other what to hunt or some quest to finish :)
---
IGN-Ashumikara
playing ragnarok odyssey
#3pingomalikPosted 1/28/2013 11:08:25 AM
ronsocute124 posted...
bad= the stu*** drop rate in this game,but so challenging good for longterm players like me.

but although i love this game because of the environment and character customize and also fun playing adhoc or online talking each other what to hunt or some quest to finish :)

lol drop rates.
Clearly you have never felt the grind of any MonHun games.
---
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---
#4theburds7403Posted 1/28/2013 12:22:28 PM
pingomalik posted...
ronsocute124 posted...

lol drop rates.
Clearly you have never felt the grind of any MonHun games.

I just went back to MHFU. While I think the drop rates are comparable between the games, there's a major factor that makes RO feel much much worse. In MHFU, once you finally got that rare drop (or 2 or 3) that was it. You made your weapon, and unless it could be upgrade you were done. In RO there is not only the week long farming to get the weapon you want (Trying to get the exact abilities and stats is something MHFU didn't have to bother with), but then you had farm a lot of rare drops just to refine it. 7 Dusk Flames for a single refine?! The worst MHFU ever had was 2-3 rubies or plates (The Ultimate LaoShan Cannon only needs 1 HvnlyScl, in RO it would probably need 5) On top of that, there is the unending farming for gold weapons, that have to have specific abilities, just so you can farm the mats to upgrade, just to turn it into a card.

The drop rates are comparable. But the amount of the rare drops needed, combined with the semi-random skills, stats, and bronze/silver/gold status of the weapons, makes RO significantly worse in my opinion.
#5EJ226Posted 2/3/2013 6:36:35 PM
I know the drop rates are not the best in this game but have anybody here played random loot games. Played Diablo 2 legit and try to get all runes to make all the runewords, they come back and tell me if the drop rates in this game seem as bad.
---
PSN- EJ0226
#6x1o8xPosted 2/3/2013 8:20:12 PM
EJ226 posted...
I know the drop rates are not the best in this game but have anybody here played random loot games. Played Diablo 2 legit and try to get all runes to make all the runewords, they come back and tell me if the drop rates in this game seem as bad.

not sure bout diablo 2, but friend of mine played diablo 3, and from what he say, it's like this game where you will have random set of skills, and also random attack stats.

since you've played diablo 2, maybe you can try farming for all the gold weapons with good stats to turn into cards and let us know how many hours you've spent on farming those weapons.
---
RO R3 Asuna
PSN: thora_x1o8x
#7clyde_ghostPosted 2/4/2013 4:00:02 AM
id say the downsides to this game is how it relies mostly on luck. also the fact that it gets repetative and old fast.
---
GT - Vanuber
PSN - Stylish_Lynx
#8GM_EzaarPosted 2/4/2013 8:08:45 AM(edited)
Playing this game is like playing Rune Factory 3; however, it isn't as good as the latter but somewhat close to it.
---
"Nope."
#9BlestsolPosted 2/4/2013 9:01:16 AM
Getting stuck and having no help on certain missions. Like... 100 giants
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#10BlackFellowPosted 2/4/2013 11:56:18 AM
It's as repetitive as a hamster on a hamster wheel.
---
PSN: Mawcuz