Is there something I'm missing with sword build?(hp question)

#1calamityflarePosted 2/4/2013 12:21:21 AM
I have most of my sword build in effect, I'm just missing serial attacks. With max attack, max crit/power, all ds enhancements, and 3900 hp, somehow I still don't regen enough HP in DS mode to shrug off damage as I do with assassin. Whenever I try to fight a boss or 100 giants with my build, I end up dying due to health decreasing too rapidly. What am I missing? I've seen vids of people fighting extra surt with sword build and shrugging off firegiant blows, but when I try I get owned in a few seconds.

Current build:

Muramasa: brandish/natural killer
1.Crit power 3/sp recycle card 10 cc
2.Sp economy/sp recycle card 5 cc
3.Sp economy/sp recycle card 5 cc
4. Attk 5/improved ap recovery 5 cc
5. Hyahanir's edge 10cc
6. atk 5/atk 5 card 15 cc
7. Natural killer 25 cc
8. Berserk 5/hp 5 card 25 cc
---
---"That's odd, is my vassal talking back to me?" -Laharl, Disgaea anime
PSN: jigenzan/XBL: jigenryuuzan
#2x1o8xPosted 2/4/2013 1:35:11 AM
calamityflare posted...
I have most of my sword build in effect, I'm just missing serial attacks. With max attack, max crit/power, all ds enhancements, and 3900 hp, somehow I still don't regen enough HP in DS mode to shrug off damage as I do with assassin. Whenever I try to fight a boss or 100 giants with my build, I end up dying due to health decreasing too rapidly. What am I missing? I've seen vids of people fighting extra surt with sword build and shrugging off firegiant blows, but when I try I get owned in a few seconds.

Current build:

5. Hyahanir's edge 10cc
7. Natural killer 25 cc

erm.... where's orcish trans? also 2 natural killer is kinda overkill especially when you have such build.
---
RO R3 Asuna
PSN: thora_x1o8x
#3calamityflare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:30:29 AM
^No need for orcish trans with natural killer x2(also boosts ds mode). It's 10% more crit than I need, but it means I don't have to waste slots on crit boosting. Using a second natural killer is much more cost effecient than trying to get the equivalent in other cards(30% crit, 20% crit power, and ds boost).
---
#4barangmanPosted 2/4/2013 4:26:36 AM
calamityflare posted...

Current build:

5. Hyahanir's edge 10cc
7. Natural killer 25 cc

IMO replace card #4 with atk/atk card and card #8 with HP/HP card. I think AP is not needed if you are going to go DS most of the time. and if you're running a "kill X monsters" quest, being mobbed while in DS mode, with berserk on and low HP can be a pain. I am running the same build with my SW, except I use 1 nat.kill. :)
---
PSN: barangman
#5BlackFellowPosted 2/4/2013 1:18:57 PM
Erm you hit the nail on the head w/ the "missing Serial Attacks." You really don't need the second natural killer as there are alternatives w/ a better outcome in my opinion. You could take out the critpow/sp recycle & natural killer and replace it w/ a critattk/critpow mann legbiter. You could also take out the berserk5/hp5 card and replace it with a berserk3/dainsleif power3 muramasa(adjusting the berserk depending on the weapon being silver/gold), since you seem reluctant to use Orcish Trans. If you can, find a nice Ing Balmung, by nice meaning silver/gold, with Attk5/Recycle. I seem to be just fine w/ 1 Economy. With all that, it only leaves a concern about HP.

These cards should equal your current build quality, w/ less CritAttk/CritPow. All these tradeoffs do not increase the build in any way, but rather make room for an extra card.

With this upper build you have:
Muramasa:Brandish/Natural Killer
-Beserk3(4 or 5)/ Dainselif Power (10,15, or 20cc)
-Attk5/Att5k(15cc)
-Attk5/Sp Rec(5 or 10cc)
-Sp Econ/Sp Rec(5cc)
-CritAttk5/CritPow5(15cc)

Oh my goodness. That leaves 3 spaces open w/ 65cc(max). Giving you 35cc to work with and only elminating some CritAttk/Power. With those spaces, you now have room for a cardable Serial Attacks and An Attk/HP or HP/HP card. You've now got good hp(from berserk & hp cards) , good attk(from berserk +3 attks), good DS(from DP3 & Natural w/ No drain), good crit(from Brandish&Legbiter) and decent crit pow(from Legbiter.) If you somehow have room after adding in a Serial Attacks & HP card, I suggest enhancing Crit Power. I didnt think abou trying to fit that in yet...

NOTE: This build will take a bit more effort to get. I didnt think this all through the way I should have as I was in a rush...There might be flaws...
---
PSN: Mawcuz
#6MournfulLustPosted 2/4/2013 2:07:31 PM
Just to clear things up, Natural Killer raises the HP consumption by 1 stage and lowers the HP absorption in DS mode, so you will be losing HP very fast and gaining very little back.
---
PSN: FleetingSaga; 3DS FC: 4811-7240-0675
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Pi - 0218 8664 5201
#7calamityflare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:26:39 PM
^are you serious?! about less HP absorption? that's it then, that's why I can't seem to get enough HP per blow. UGH. that means I need to change my entire build, as my eventualy build was going to depend heavily on two natural killers. crap. thanks guys, cleared that up. I'll have to test out my build with one less natural killer and then none. Now I feel stupid for resetting after getting a brandish/serial attacks muramasa=P
---