Dainsleif/DS Mode Skills & Information

#1MournfulLustPosted 2/14/2013 11:16:40 AM(edited)
DS (Dainsleif) Mode is a very useful tool to use against many monsters. The game will first introduce you about DS Mode in chapter 1-7 (Ultimate Tactic). Your SP (Special Points) Gauge at the top left of the screen must be full (blinking red) before you can activate DS Mode. Your SP Gauge will recharge by doing any of the following:

-attacking monsters/boxes
-taking damage from attacks
-picking up red gems
-drinking red potions

Once your SP Gauge is full, you can activate DS Mode by pressing R and Circle buttons together (holding R and pressing Circle does not work) or tap the red Dainsleif icon at the middle right of the screen. DS Mode will end when your SP Gauge depletes completely, your HP goes down to 1 (you can still activate DS Mode with 1 HP, but it will end after a few seconds if you are still at 1 HP), you get KOed, or by pressing the R and Circle buttons together or tapping the Dainsleif icon.

While in DS Mode, your character will gain the following functions:

-increased damage
-maxed tension
-recover HP by attacking monsters, boxes etc., but HP will gradually decrease
-AP will fully recover and AP will not decrease
-complete immunity to all status conditions, minor/major stagger, down, knockback, launch and stun
-little to no pause between steps, aerial steps, jumps and landings
-can cancel certain combos by stepping (Square button) or jumping (X button)

Everyone has the same default, min. and maximum values for DS Mode:

-DS Power: 40% (-55% to 100%) [Damage boost of DS mode. If DS Power is less than 0%, you will do less damage in DS Mode than if you are not in DS Mode]
-HP Consumption: 6% (9% to 0%) [Percentage of your max HP that you constantly lose in DS Mode. At 0%, you will not lose HP]
-SP Consumption: 8%/second (12%/second to 4%/second) [SP gauge depletion rate in DS Mode]
-SP Restoration: 0% (0% to 75%) [SP gain by ending DS Mode]
-SP Recovery: 0% (0 to 75%) [SP gain when reviving from KO]
-SP Gain: 0% (-50% to 50%) [SP gain rate from attacking monsters/boxes]
-HP Absorption: ?% (?% to ?%) [The amount of HP that you recover from attacking monsters is really hard to determine by testing, so this remains unknown]

Now for skills that affect DS Mode:

-SP Boost (Starts the quest will full SP gauge)
-Dainsleif Power Up Lv.1/2/3 (Raises DS power by 10%/20%/30%)
-Blaze DS (Raises DS power by 30% and HP Consumption by 2%)
-Safe DS (Lowers DS power by 30% and HP Consumption by 3%)
-SP Economy (Lowers SP Consumption by 2%/second)
-SP Recycle: (Restores 25% of SP Gauge when DS Mode ends)
-SP Recovery: (Restores 25% of SP Gauge when reviving from KO)
-SP Recovery Up: (Raises SP Gain by 10%)
-HP Absorption Up Lv.1/2/3 (Raises HP Absorption)
-Sun God's Blessing (Raises SP Gain by 25%) [Sun Sword skill for Assassin]
-Overload (Raises DS Power by 60%, SP Restoration by 25%, HP Absorption and lowers HP Consumption by 6%) [Sun Sword skill for Assassin]
-War God's Blessing (Raises SP Restoration by 75%) [Epsilon skill for Hammersmith]
-Songstress' Blessing (Raises SP Restoration by 25%, SP Recovery by 25% and SP Gain by 10%) [Minstrel Bow skill for Hunter]
-Soul Song: (Lowers SP Consumption by 2%/second and raises SP Recovery by 25%) [Minstrel Bow skill for Hunter]

There are some useful monster cards for DS Mode:

-Orcish Trans (Raises DS power by 60%) [Orc Shaman 10]
-ODS (Lowers SP Consumption by 4%/second) [Orc Shaman 7]
-Suneater (Raises DS Power by 10%, SP Gain by 50%, HP Absorption) [Skoll 10]
-Demon Blade's Gleam (Raises SP Restoration by 25%, lowers HP Consumption by 6% and SP Gain by 50%)
-Special Work (Raises SP Gain by 25% and SP Restoration by 15%) [Guardian 7]
-Blaze DS, SP Economy [Grendel 5 and Fenia 8]

I hope this information can help you guys to make a good DS build in game.
#2MournfulLust(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:23:19 AM
And I forgot about the cost of those monster cards:

Orcish Trans, ODS and Blaze DS/SP Economy costs 10
Demon Blade's Gleam costs 15
Special Work costs 20
Suneater costs 25

Also, red potions restore a portion of your SP Gauge and the Improved Healing Potion skill will increase the amount of SP you gain from a red potion :

Small: 10% (12.5% with Improved Healing Potion)
Medium: 20% (25% with Improved Healing Potion)
Large: 40% (50% with Improved Healing Potion)

Red gems will also restore a little bit of your SP Gauge (these are only estimates):
Small: 5% (6.25% with Power Gem: Red)
Medium: 10% (12.5% with Power Gem: Red)
Large: 20% (25% with Power Gem: Red)
---
PSN: FleetingSaga; 3DS FC: 4811-7240-0675
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Pi - 0218 8664 5201
#31Cyrus1Posted 2/14/2013 12:31:24 PM
Thanks a lot, it's really helpful for me.
---
PSN: dm-ml
#4NIghtzXIIIPosted 2/14/2013 1:33:41 PM(edited)
You should submit this for the FAQs so it will be easier to find in the future. Great work man.
---
PSN ID: PD-Phoenix
#5blacktailsPosted 2/14/2013 6:57:26 PM
bump
---
6 Quintillion dollars to the first man and/or woman that does not read this sentence.
#6CodeaxisPosted 2/14/2013 11:08:15 PM
Definitely FaQ or sticky
#7jjeerryyonly9Posted 2/15/2013 6:08:35 AM
Codeaxis posted...
Definitely FaQ or sticky

Agreed. I'm sending a request.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#8calamityflarePosted 2/15/2013 10:27:29 AM
two questions:

1. Would anyone happent to know if HP absorption is affected by your max HP only or your damage also? In other words, would a character heal more HP per hit with more attack or skills like serial attacks/double attack?

2. Are you sure about Demon Blade Gleam's Sp gain reduction? When I equip it, I don't notice a drastic decrease in SP gain speed; whereas with Bear's surge, the difference is HUGE(takes forever to get DS mode with Bear's surge equipped.)
---
---"That's odd, is my vassal talking back to me?" -Laharl, Disgaea anime
PSN: jigenzan/XBL: jigenryuuzan
#9MournfulLust(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:24:24 PM
calamityflare posted...
two questions:

1. Would anyone happent to know if HP absorption is affected by your max HP only or your damage also? In other words, would a character heal more HP per hit with more attack or skills like serial attacks/double attack?

2. Are you sure about Demon Blade Gleam's Sp gain reduction? When I equip it, I don't notice a drastic decrease in SP gain speed; whereas with Bear's surge, the difference is HUGE(takes forever to get DS mode with Bear's surge equipped.)

1. 1. HP Absorption absorbs HP by a percentage of your max HP, but how much, I do not know.

2. I am pretty sure Demon Blade's Gleam lowers the SP Gain by 50%. But if you say you don't notice a huge drop like Bear's Surge, then I will have to test that out again. Bear's Surge lowers the SP Gain by 50% for sure.
---
PSN: FleetingSaga; 3DS FC: 4811-7240-0675
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Pi - 0218 8664 5201
#101Cyrus1Posted 2/27/2013 5:17:56 PM
this won't get stickied?
---
PSN: dm-ml