2 questions about freezing element

#1Rudebwoy_XPosted 2/20/2013 5:32:04 AM
How much do freeze do I need in order to successfully freeze bosses like fenia, orc shaman, etc...meaning freeze lvl.5/5 and does anyone know the percentage for frost. trying to make a support bow freezing character. Im lvl. 10 by the way and a pro but just need help with this...
---
Rudebwoy
#2ayashiboiPosted 2/20/2013 9:31:33 AM
unfortunately this has been asked many times (including myself) and there are no definite answers to how much % each freezing attack does, or how much can it stack.

If you have many freeze attack lvl 5s around, play around with them to see if you notice any increased chance of freezing.

having heretic power + freeze attack lvl 5 x2 (or more) can freeze a boss at maybe...5-10% rate?
#3LittleTwinStarsPosted 2/20/2013 10:30:54 AM
Rudebwoy_X posted...
How much do freeze do I need in order to successfully freeze bosses like fenia, orc shaman, etc...meaning freeze lvl.5/5 and does anyone know the percentage for frost. trying to make a support bow freezing character. Im lvl. 10 by the way and a pro but just need help with this...

I'm a freezer too lol,
Try to equip frost giant chief card lv 3 and marin frost weapon card lv3 (I have 2 of each) plus a bow with freeze lv 2 crit lv 3 and I can freeze on average 70% of the time. without using freeze weapon cards. Odd though that I have trouble freezing orc shaman, king, hero... but can freeze giant skoll in vanir's treasure...Maybe it's cause those orcs move too much....

Also I've seen a freezing attack lv 5 floating around on some freeze hunters... Though I have no idea where to find these cards... people don't really tell me in game. They freeze 90-100% of the time.
---
Iz a Gemini=>'cuz having 2 personalities is more fun than just 1. OwO
#4Rudebwoy_X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 10:31:08 AM
thanks for your feedback, I will try to find out a build that will allow me to find out possible percentages or freeze amount in total needed to successfully attempt to build a freeze bow set.
---
Rudebwoy
#5JinJackalHFPosted 2/20/2013 12:53:48 PM
A Freeze Attack level 5 = Frost Giant's Blessing lvl 3

The factors are as follows:

The percentage of freeze differs among enemy types. For instance, Domovoi has the lowest resistance, followed by the Raydic family, etc. to freeze immunity in Frost Giants.

In terms of Bosses, smaller bosses which includes the Hraesvelgr family and the Orc King/Hero/ Shaman freezes much easily compared to Bigger enemies like Skoll/ Hjahanir/ Fafnir etc. All Boss Giants are immune to status ailments (except Fenia/Menia)

The last factor is as follows, the more the amount of players in multiplayer, the higher the enemies resiatance to the elements.

Other factors include other skills like multishot, heretic power, pillaging dragon's fortune etc.

My Hunter = lvl 20 Freeze attack (2 Gold Hagal Mjolnir). Takes about 2 (1/2) arrow storm or 3 sharpshooters to freeze Big Skoll in Vanirs.
---
PSN: Edgeworth85 / Ragnarok Odyssey: Jackal
#6LittleTwinStarsPosted 2/20/2013 1:46:50 PM
JinJackalHF posted...

The percentage of freeze differs among enemy types. For instance, Domovoi has the lowest resistance, followed by the Raydic family, etc. to freeze immunity in Frost Giants.

In terms of Bosses, smaller bosses which includes the Hraesvelgr family and the Orc King/Hero/ Shaman freezes much easily compared to Bigger enemies like Skoll/ Hjahanir/ Fafnir etc. All Boss Giants are immune to status ailments (except Fenia/Menia)

The last factor is as follows, the more the amount of players in multiplayer, the higher the enemies resiatance to the elements.

Other factors include other skills like multishot, heretic power, pillaging dragon's fortune etc.

My Hunter = lvl 20 Freeze attack (2 Gold Hagal Mjolnir). Takes about 2 (1/2) arrow storm or 3 sharpshooters to freeze Big Skoll in Vanirs.

What about Marin frost cards? In relation to freeze wep cards?
Where'd you find your gold Hagar mjolnir
---
#7ayashiboiPosted 2/20/2013 8:54:47 PM
JinJackalHF posted...

Ooh that's interesting to know. I have noticed some enemy types have lower resistances, especially those porin-type monsters.

Boss Giants (like grendel) are susceptible to poison though :O.

Do you know if you are freezing 100% on regular monsters (that aren't immune to freeze) with lvl 20 freeze attack?

LittleTwinStars posted...

There are no specific maps that drop certain weapons, except epic weapons. I believe Mjolnir start dropping after chapter 7? Or just do extra maps that have non-dessert boss (shaman and bronze grendel), and they'll drop those 3rd tier weapons. If you were curious though, I got my gold hagal from vanir treasure.
#8JinJackalHFPosted 2/20/2013 11:18:48 PM
LittleTwinStars posted...
JinJackalHF posted...

Finished performing a test run with Marin Frost Weapons. At level Frost Weapon lvl 5, it took around 8 arrow storms to freeze Menia. With 2 Freeze Attacks +5, it takes 3-4 storms to freeze Menia. Thus, by ratio, 1 Freeze Weapon :1 Freeze Attack.(at least it should be) Unfortunately, I am lacking sufficient Marin Cards to perform a thorough study (i wanted to pit a Frost Weapon level +10 against the Freeze attack +10).

I obtained a lot of Hagal Mjolnir (HM) with 2 freeze attacks+3 (most of them bronze) while doing Extra epic weapons and rank 8-9 quests. They are not unique (they sell for 8k instead of 10k), so they should drop pretty often. However, getting a gold is challenging.

The Gold HM have a final cc of 15, Silver (20), and bronze (25). As you might have noticed, it usually comes in Freeze attack 3/3. Thus, a double refine is definitely required to max it to 5/5. However, HMs do come with another skill set comprising of Freeze Attack +3 and Blaze DS which you could utilize as a substitute. It'll have a cc of 5 if you obtained the Gold version.
---
#9JinJackalHFPosted 2/21/2013 6:26:47 AM
In response to ayashiboi, as to whether if I'm able to freeze creeps 100% of the time, most will usually be encased with 1 flight of an arrow storm. And thank you for pointing out that poison works on Grendel.

Another skill to consider would be (Ailment arrow Level 2) which places the freezing status ailment with arrow storm (it has a cc of 10, very cheap indeed). It takes around 4-5 arrow storms to freeze Menia with it. While it is cheap and efficient, it is unfortunately fixated to one form of attack and It does not stack with freeze attacks, pillaging dragon, or Heretic Power or with itself. However, it allows one to regulate damage potential, focus on landing a specific combo finisher on a certain enemy, as well as, adding a bonus probability of a status ailment. Aka. You become a Mage in Hunters clothing.

Yes, Heretic power is basically all Ailment Weapons (1,2,3,4) placed in a single card.

In a nutshell, Freeze/ Bind etc attack allows all arrow attacks including combo finisher to contribute to the status ailment. It is stackable as well. Ailment Weapon, on the other hand, does not stack and is localised to one combo finisher.

Pillaging Dragon's Fortune contributes to the stauts ailments. In regards to the Freeze, it cuts the amount of combos required to freeze the enemy by half, which is stupendously useful. For example: Freeze level 10 freezes Menia in 4 Arrow Storms, but equipping that card allows you to freeze in 2. A wonderful alternative, if you do not have enough freeze attack cards.
---
#10LittleTwinStarsPosted 2/21/2013 8:20:21 AM
JinJackalHF posted...
In response to ayashiboi, as to whether if I'm able to freeze creeps 100% of the time, most will usually be encased with 1 flight of an arrow storm. And thank you for pointing out that poison works on Grendel.

Another skill to consider would be (Ailment arrow Level 2) which places the freezing status ailment with arrow storm (it has a cc of 10, very cheap indeed). It takes around 4-5 arrow storms to freeze Menia with it. While it is cheap and efficient, it is unfortunately fixated to one form of attack and It does not stack with freeze attacks, pillaging dragon, or Heretic Power or with itself. However, it allows one to regulate damage potential, focus on landing a specific combo finisher on a certain enemy, as well as, adding a bonus probability of a status ailment. Aka. You become a Mage in Hunters clothing.

Yes, Heretic power is basically all Ailment Weapons (1,2,3,4) placed in a single card.

In a nutshell, Freeze/ Bind etc attack allows all arrow attacks including combo finisher to contribute to the status ailment. It is stackable as well. Ailment Weapon, on the other hand, does not stack and is localised to one combo finisher.

Pillaging Dragon's Fortune contributes to the stauts ailments. In regards to the Freeze, it cuts the amount of combos required to freeze the enemy by half, which is stupendously useful. For example: Freeze level 10 freezes Menia in 4 Arrow Storms, but equipping that card allows you to freeze in 2. A wonderful alternative, if you do not have enough freeze attack cards.

Marin frost cards go up to 5 then stacked? Huh. I only have 2 cards of lv3...
---