New to this game.

#1partytrevPosted 2/20/2013 11:21:14 PM
Hey all, I just got this to dust off my vita. This game is tough. Bosses beat the hell out of me. I picked a warrior, and have a massive sword. I don't understand why it is so tough to do anything. Does anyone have tips to help me? Thanks in advance.
#2ayashiboiPosted 2/20/2013 11:59:57 PM
Tips:

Learn boss' attack patterns!
Learn to dodge!
Learn when are good/safe times to attack!
Learn to stand back and chill sometimes during boss' attack animation!
Learn where are the safe and danger zones!
But most of all, learn to dodge!
#3partytrev(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 7:08:12 AM
So it is like Dark Souls then? Also, how do I know which cards are good to equip?
#4crazypalPosted 2/21/2013 10:20:19 AM
where are you having difficulties? what's your build? perhaps you need a change of class?
or maybe you need to up you attack or HP by help of cards?
or might you have forgotten to refine your weapons or expand your armor to fit more cards?
#5jdw1005Posted 2/21/2013 10:30:06 AM
partytrev posted...
So it is like Dark Souls then? Also, how do I know which cards are good to equip?

If you've ever played monster hunter or Gods Eater you'll know how to play this game.
---
Get Sonic and Sega Racing people. It's a great game for all Sega Vets. - Nexuskeyblade add if you play
#6partytrev(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:08:34 AM
crazypal posted...
where are you having difficulties? what's your build? perhaps you need a change of class?
or maybe you need to up you attack or HP by help of cards?
or might you have forgotten to refine your weapons or expand your armor to fit more cards?

I started as an assassin, got through til the end of chapter one decently, cept for the huge bears. Boss hated me. Started again as a warrior, and got through all of chapter one and two with mild difficulty. I am at a giant wolf boss now, and cannot win.
Weapons are as far as I can get them. Need materials, but can't find the right ones. Armor is ok, but I really don't get cards I guess. Dont have great ones, but can't find any better either.

I never played either of those series of games, so yes, I am a complete noob. I want to enjoy this game though.
#7partytrev(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:09:01 PM
Anyone? I really do want to get the most out of this game.
#8crazypalPosted 2/21/2013 4:18:00 PM
well, I guess your problem is lack of cards and maybe not knowing how to deal with the boss.

this boss is tough at beginning but keep at it. try to break his wing so he is not able to do his super move.
kill his puppies first.
learn to aerially attack.
when he starts to throw frost balls dodge and after fourth one punish him .
you might want to buy some anti freeze potion so he cant freeze you.
hope this helps.

if all else fails you have two options :
1) go online multiplayer.
2) add me and I will send you weapons and cards that will destroy him easily.
psn: crazypal14
#9partytrev(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:05:11 PM
I never added anyone on my vita before, how do I do that? I would appreciate any help you could send.
#10partytrev(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:12:55 PM
ok,message and fr sent.