Monster Cards (Myth vs Reality)

#1JinJackalHFPosted 3/14/2013 3:56:43 AM
When Monster Cards invade our card slots, we must be certain we know what they do and how they will affect our gameplay. Lest, we end up in a creek without a paddle. Here are the common ones that most players want (neared) and equipped

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bear Surge (95% of newbies want this card)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myth: My Crits will make me King

Reality:This Card is Heavy (30cc) and restricts SP gain. Shortcut to increasing critical hit ratio, but highly dubious in Extra Epic Missions.

Personal Experience: The bane of any Dainslef Build. Please do not say that I can gain SP by getting hit by Grendel while equipping a King's Determination. What? I still got OHKO? Applause!! and Encore!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Majesty
Myth: My Attack will skyrocket and I can stun like Stone Cold Steve Austin

Reality: It adds 70 damage and you will get that full benefit, until the enemy is staggered. This is somewhat good, as most Giant Bosses and creeps do not stagger often. Useful for certain (hard to stagger) major giant Bosses and creeps with low health.

Personal Experience: But, guess what, if a committed freeze or bind hunter is in the group, the monster will hit the ground faster than you can say Uncle Grendel. You will curse your 1 damage on the fallen boss as well as framing the status dealer (who worked so hard to construct his deck) for sabotaging your Godly build. Might as well retire and hire a poring to help that hunter. It will still deal more damage than you do. Don't let one card debilitate your entire mission

Feel free to add more, format <Card Name> <Myth> <Reality> <Personal Experience(optional)> and make it interesting,funny but respectful. There are other cards out there, some good (like Orcish Trans) and some not so good (Scorpion Armor etc). Let us share our gems of wisdom while getting to poke a little fun.
---
PSN: Edgeworth85 / Ragnarok Odyssey: Jackal
#2barangmanPosted 3/14/2013 4:17:32 AM
Majesty adds 90 atk btw :)
---
PSN: barangman
#3jazperyPosted 3/14/2013 4:39:16 AM
bear surge is 35cc
#4JinJackalHF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:08:43 PM
Thank you for pointing that out. Perhaps the rage in me is making me lose sight on the important card cost details.

Orcish Trans
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myth: Equivalent to 2 Blaze DS without HP loss Toll
Reality: I give this my seal of approval. Great card to have. If you do not like using Monster cards, you can opt to get 2 Dainslef Power 3s coupled with useful skills.

Demon Blade's Gleam
Myth: No HP loss in DS mode.
Reality: If you require this card, you have not learnt the art of using Dainslef. Remember that you can turn on and off Dainslef Mode. Use Dainslef when the enemy is stationary in place and/or incapacitated, or to keep attacking Grendel during his sweat attack Turn it off when the monster begins to move, starts raging (especially Loki, Menia and Fenia), or when you have regained enough health. Plus your SP gain is reduced. Put this card with our favourite Bear Surge, and your SP gain is negligible to say the least.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
#5NIghtzXIIIPosted 3/14/2013 8:39:30 PM
Your analogies made me chuckle. I loved to be freeze hunter so much. Its the only way I completed orcish stars if I was playing with randoms.
---
PSN ID: PD-Phoenix
#6JinJackalHF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:50:57 AM
The update continues. If you have followed the postings on the cards, you would have noticed my disdain for bear surge.

Rush Attack
Myth: This card gives me extra critical
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reality: Interesting card (15 cc), for 25% critical chance. Get Traitors with crit 5/5 and put two of these babes in and you get 95% crit. Get A Muramasa with Brandish, place two cards and get a 100%. Unlike Bear Surge, there is no SP penalty
Personal Experience: This is a good card to have for offensive classes, from mid game (extra rank 7: Amongst The Mirages ) till you get your epics with criticals. I'd say if you have enough time to hunt for bear surge, you'd be better off getting this card instead. You'd have 15 chances of getting it in a single mission. Raydic Assaults are such ermm... ya, many choice words scrambling in my mind.... yeah, a pain, but bring a freeze build (hunter/ mage ahemm...) and you will have the chilled goblins running down their spines. Time to get them Scavenger hunts!!!

Gaea's Embrace/ King of The Horizon
Myth: It increases attack by and allows free movement?
Reality: This card increases attack by 45, and cuts your stamina costs for dashing by 25 (125 as opposed to 150) aka AP Efficiency. It also comes with Zephyr/ Speedy Step.
Personal Experience: Interesting card. Gaea's Embrace costs 30cc while its counterpart King of The Horizon costs 20cc. Both increases your attack by 45 while providing Zephyr and AP efficiency, which is restricted to its land or air description. However, place another Zephyr/ Speedy Step (as a weapon), another Aerial/Skilled Step and you will have the effects of Step Optimization/ Aerial Step Optimization. Note that you can outdash Fenia's Hurricane Spin with Step Optimization. While this makeup is too expensive and complicated for my taste, the possibilities are endless. For example, This Card, plus Mooneater, with another zepyr = MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This". You can even lose the Zephyr. It's up to you!!!
---
#7blablan123Posted 3/15/2013 5:59:07 AM
i loved reaading your posts keep them coming! <3
---
dota pro.
#8quakernautic2Posted 3/15/2013 6:44:41 AM
really good topic, keep it going :)

that freeze hunter sounds interesenting, anyone want to share some experiences about it? or how to build/use it, iīm gonna start playing from scratch and probably going to give a try to mages and archers that i didnīt use the first time
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/QUAKeR---.png
#9JinJackalHF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 3:00:31 AM
Thank you for your support. I highly appreciate your comments. Today's two daily cards. One of which I will give my views on a Freeze Class.

Forced March
Myth: It increases damage and defense greatly, but lowers health significantly
Reality: It increases attack by 20%, defense by 80%, and hit point penalty of 1000
Personal Experience: Now we have a card which nobody talks about. Lets see, -1000hp, 20% attack, 80% defense, and I know what you're thinking. -1000hp, Man, he's definitely off his chump, oh, yes he is. Perhaps, my beloved Skeptics, 1000hp is big loss for most classes, but for certain weapon pairings, for example Beauty's Embrace (2000hp), it becomes a minor sacrifice. Or just take a sticky mucus, you big baby.

With Escalation A and Escalation D card, the effect is shared. It is challenged by Eucharistica (Cleric specific only which has the same effect, but higher defense). But note this, any class can wield this card. Yes, a hammersmith with this card can fight for world peace, boosting his teammates, while chewing bubblegum. He can further augment efficiency by taking a Titan Liquid L or Giant's Sweat L to Boost Damage or Defense. You then have a fourth member who is playing an active role of status support and fighting who needs not be a cleric. With all that power boost , it feels like you're having a fifth member in the team.
Frost Blessing Lvl 3
Myth: Imbues your weapons with the power of Frost Giants
Reality: Yeah, whatever, it's just freeze attack level 5
Personal Experience: This card is a beginner's card in order to form a freeze build. To be able to be effective you need 4 Frost Blessing's Level 3 (or 4 Freeze Attack Lvl 5) to make it effective. I would say the more, the better, but, you'd want to be able to maintain some amount of damage. Every enemy's resistance to freeze is different. Domovois are weakest, followed by Raydic Assaults, Scorpions, Birds (Hraesvelgr is less resistant than Kona), Lizards = Giant Sisters, Skoll to full immunity with Major Boss Giants. If you use this build against Frost Giants or Hrungnir........ I do not know what to say.

A Freeze Discussion was made at
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/642453-ragnarok-odyssey/65501857

In another topic, I made a mistake in my build due to a dyslexic moment. I'll post a revised Freeze Build on a New topic, if you wish.
---
#10blablan123Posted 3/16/2013 4:49:11 AM
great post again! i want to know a card that boosts bind ailment or about the percentage of procing ailments of heretic power card grendel.
---
dota pro.