Monster Cards (Myth vs Reality)

#11ayashiboiPosted 3/16/2013 7:49:53 PM
blablan123 posted...
great post again! i want to know a card that boosts bind ailment or about the percentage of procing ailments of heretic power card grendel.

Pillaging's dragon fortune (fafnir card) doubles the chance of proc ailments :)
I use it for my freeze hunter.
#12JinJackalHF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 6:23:30 AM
I love the weekends. Had some R & R. Now back to mythbuster's ragnarok odyssey card cracking. I am still experimenting with Bind Hunter. In other words, I'm trying to find a better build which can balance damage and the bind status effect. I'll post my results by the end of the week. In the meantime, I'll focus on other obscure monster card descriptions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heretic Power (30cc)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myth: Imbues your weapons with a Heretic's Power. Adds Status effect to all Finishing Blows.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reality: This card combines all skills: ailment weapons (level 1,2,3,4) in one card.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Experience: This card was one I was experimenting with when I created a freeze build. Basically, this 30cc cards allow you to land a probability (yes, it needs to hit a few times) of a status ailment. It adds all the ailment weapon levels. I'll add the status ailments from ascending levels 1-4.

Assassins: All Bind
Hammersmith: All Burn
Hunter: Burn, Freeze, Bind, (fourth presumably Deadly Poison)
Mages: Burn, Deadly Poison, Bind, Freeze,
Cleric: All Deadly poison
Sword Warrior: All Burn

Note: Pillaging Dragon's Fortune does not double the probabilities of this Skill Weapon Status ailments, nor does stacking a double ailment weapon (aka. 2 Ailment Katar level 2 does not improve your chances of binding)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hjahanir Spirit
Myth: Fills you with such fighting spirit, you just can't stand still any longer!
Reality: It fills your tension gauge for the entire fight, however, your SP gain decreases by 90%. (some people say non-existent, but it does rise, like a dripping faucet to fill a coca cola swimming pool)
Personal Experience: Yeah, I can't stand still after drinking too. Meet Bear Surge's Long Lost Fraternal Twin. You start the fight with a full tension bar and it doesn't drop, but your SP suffers greatly.

I was playing with the effects when I was fighting Mokkukalfe using a Hammersmith. When it should take 4 swing downs, (Triangle and Hold Circle while on the Ground), to fill your SP gauge to the max, it took me 36 +/- moves to fill that gauge. And in the end, blew it all off for 12 seconds of Dainslef. Yeah, I was so sad people could see twin waterfalls flowing down my cheeks. I can't imagine if I was to fight Menia and Fenia using this card. Good Heavens, I pray that day will never come.
---
PSN: Edgeworth85 / Ragnarok Odyssey: Jackal
#13NishinoftwPosted 3/18/2013 7:05:56 AM
Nice Thread.. (y)

Going to track it.
Helps a lot to a newbie like me :D
#14JinJackalHF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 7:42:50 AM
Today's cards are useful in which you should bring in material, weapon and card farming. (Boss Battles are a different matter). Role: Scavenger (Member who kills), Salvager (Member who breaks boxes)

Scavenger Hunt (20cc)
Myth: Makes monsters drop better items
Reality: It increases item drops in terms of weapons, cards, and rare monster materials
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Experience: This cards makes monster's either drop cards or weapons if they do. Otherwise it's rare materials. The wielder must be the one who kills the monster. This card plays a good role when you're farming for desert weapons with multiple enemies and rare cards. The duration of the effect is still in question, but it seems that it is triggered randomly upon killing the monsters. In other words, the more monsters in a single quest, the better your chances of drops. Sometimes you get more materials and cards than weapons, or vice versa.

That being said, certain quests give you the same amount of weapon drops regardless whether you equip the card. Example: All epic weapon quests (done multiplayer) drops 2 weapons after boss death. It does increase your chances of getting boastful breast downs, leaf hammer shards, acorn hammer shards, Auma Bottles. Aka. Anything that can drop after the monster/ boss is dead. For breakable parts, like Heavenly eyes, and Nagaroar Shards, a card like Raze or Snatcher is much more useful.

Sometimes, new players tend to try to impress others with an epic weapon, but often are seen carrying this card and some other form of Luck up in their deck. Please don't do that, you're fooling nobody but yourself. Every one is working hard to make up for your lack of potential. Unless there is general consensus in the team, I wouldn't recommend carrying it in groups doing on-the-spot epic bosses.
Salvager (Merchant card/ Weapon Card)
Myth: Makes it so there are better items to be found in boxes, barrels, etc.
Reality: This wonderful skill allows you to get a more/better material drops, more weapons, higher probability of gems from chests.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Experience:Some materials I find it hard to believe used (like Ancient Runic Ores). But crimson oridecons, can be obtained this way as well.

Now, a class who has time to go breaking barrels should do this. A Good *Ahemm Cleric*, class who supports the team, by splash potioning and breaking boxes while the the other members deal with the vermin/ bosses crawling around the floors. With Eucharistica and a higher chance of getting offense and defense gems from boxes, watch as offense and defense of the team soar when you pick those gems in boxes. Now you're supporting the crew and getting rare materials, so nobody needs to rush to grab it once the mission is over.
---
#15LittleTwinStarsPosted 3/19/2013 7:59:44 AM
this is the best explanation i've heard for luck cards,
quick Q,
which is better luck up or luck shift? or stack em all?
raze or snatcher?

currently I have a build which is pretty much legitly stacking luck shift, luck up, scavengerhunt, raze, and snatcher .________.

oddly enough, I find I get better stuff when NOT equipping any luck cards at all, but if I had to equip one...... luck/item boosting card which one would you recommend?
---
Iz a Gemini=>'cuz having 2 personalities is more fun than just 1. OwO
#16ayashiboiPosted 3/19/2013 10:44:10 PM
LittleTwinStars posted...
this is the best explanation i've heard for luck cards,
quick Q,
which is better luck up or luck shift? or stack em all?
raze or snatcher?

currently I have a build which is pretty much legitly stacking luck shift, luck up, scavengerhunt, raze, and snatcher .________.

oddly enough, I find I get better stuff when NOT equipping any luck cards at all, but if I had to equip one...... luck/item boosting card which one would you recommend?

It's funny because a LOT of ppl recommend not using those increased luck cards as they deem it...'faulty'. In actuality, it really does increase the rate. However, no one knows by 'how much' it really increases. It would seem it doesn't increase by an EPIC amount, so it is not really favoured. Instead, you should add these type of cards ONLY if you have card slots to spare. Killing a boss faster would help yield more drops over a longer period of time, thus more chance of getting the items you are looking for. On the other hand, if you already kill the boss fast enough and have room to spare, definitely use these cards.

luck up vs luck shift:
-Personally i find luck up better than luck shift
-luck up is great for quest rewards (mats/weaps) and we never have enough of mats and weaps :D
-luck shift is for finding cards only...you would think it should be really good since it pretty much makes your crit 0%, however it's terrible!...for bosses I find. It's actually quite good for general monsters, but not for bosses. Farming Orc Shaman, i never seem to fail in getting an orc or scorpion card...but always fail in getting a shaman card.
-That no crit chance really puts a dent in the time it takes to finish a boss, since a lot of fast boss killing builds depend on crit/ds.
-With lower killing time, comes lower chance of actually finding anything good.

raze vs snatcher:
...unfortunately i forgot what raze does...i think it makes it easier to break breakable parts? And increase the drop quality? I THINK.
If that's the case, raze should be better than snatcher. Since snatcher only increases the drop amount?

If you can, stack scavenger hunt with luck up for best results ;D
For weapon farming (on mobs) i like scavenger hunt. So would be great for 100 chief quests.
For mat farming, both are actually useable...but i like luck up for bosses instead. Just because i can get a better chance at rare materials given by quest rewards.
#17JinJackalHF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:51:39 AM
Ayashiboi gives a great description, Fortune cards. The first card have to do with rewards and the next with card drops from killing the enemy. I find these cards somewhat useless, but they do shine if a quest is known to give plenty of rewards or a needed card
Luck Up (20cc)
Myth: Makes quests give better rewards
Reality: It increases the the rank of rewards.
Personal Experience: The Luck Up card increases the amount and the rank of material rewards. Note that there are certain materials that are reward-only specific. Here are a few examples:-

Quests that might need this card:
Phlogophite (Rank 10 Idle Rhapsody- Flame Dance)
Sweet Tree Nuts (The Nightmare Continues)
Jubilee (Sun and Moon in Contrast.)
etc

Luck Shift (5cc)
Myth: Increases luck of the draw for quest rewards at the cost of critical hit rate
Reality: It does help get cards when you kill an enemy,.
Personal Experience: Good God, this card cuts off your crit chance by +/-55% . It increases luck of getting cards, but by how much I cannot say. The crit penalty for one card is harsh enough already. It does increase the probability of getting a monster card you get when you kill an enemy (yes the wielder)

These cards always give me a headache because luck is such a hard agent to influence. It vexes and tantalizes us on getting that material or weapon via quest rewards, While there are many theories on how to gain luck, I'd still say, just pick a committed group and get through the mission together until you get it. It will somehow come.

The Theme of Ragnarok Odyssey Drop Rates is summarized in four words:
Heartaches, Headaches and Hardships
---
#18blablan123Posted 3/20/2013 7:21:41 PM
op needs to start making this into a guide so people can see.
---
dota pro.
#19JinJackalHF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:06:26 PM
Hmm, I gave it some thought. But, I'm too lazy to list down all my opinions on cards. Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but you do not want to see yours in a newspaper. I might be proven wrong in the future and I wish to maintain responsibility and integrity when giving an explanation. I will consider posting a guide.

Research is still being done despite how apparent monster cards lose their shine due to the penalties or lack luster in comparison to weapon cards.

Today's cards are from the Desert Wolf Cub. People feel sorry (or at least they say that), for doing them in, but I like to think of it as discipline. Anyways, the two cards are super duper peppy! and play-biting.

Super Duper Peppy! (15cc)
Myth: Grants you the energy and vigor of a Desert Wolf Cub
Reality: It has improved AP recovery and Tension Up Lvl 2.
Personal Experience: Ahemm, this funny card is best placed on a class that can constantly do damage while avoiding enemy attacks (Hmmm...... A hunter perhaps). It helps rejuvenate your AP meters and maintain a good base tension level.

Tension classes tend to have conflicts with Dainslef Builds. This is because, when you enter Dainslef, your Tension will be maxed.

However, Tension Classes tend to be incorporated with support classes dealing with status effects. The Tension gain allows them to do as much damage as they can, and it helps stun enemies much faster. The key word here is "stun".

Whenever you say tension, think anger management. Think of your beloved significant other tossing everything at you with utter ferocity and brutality when he/she discovers someone else's perfume on your shirt. You see that porcelain pot, which she made during art class? You do not want to get hit by that flying at full speed. If it hits, oh boy, are you going to get a bruise and a concussion.
Play-Biting (10cc)
Myth: Makes it so you're toying with your enemies. Lowers attack.
Reality: It decreases your attack by 20 points but it adds a bind attack lvl 3-4
Personal Experience: Another card for those too lazy or unfortunate to find a good bind weapon to card. The 20 Attack decrease seems negligible at first notice, but pile three or more, then the difference becomes large. Stack many of them to increases the probability of bind, but watch your attack plummet.
---