I haven't checked, so far, how is it looking compared to previous games?

#1LazerLXXVII2Posted 4/30/2012 7:25:46 AM
I loved Mario Tennis 64, but I was extremely disappointed with Mario Power Tennis. To me that game was not worth more than $20 at the very most. It just felt like you had limited control over the game.

How does this one look so far? I'm excited but a little hesitant because of the last one.

I wish they would do Mario Golf instead!
---
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/Lazer77/9.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/Lazer77/WOJ.png http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/s2red/Zarski843.jpg
#2MrSpacelySlatePosted 4/30/2012 7:27:32 AM
I'm glad Mario Golf is dead. Too boring.
#3BdowDELL222Posted 4/30/2012 8:55:46 AM
I would much rather have Mario Golf than Mario Tennis!
#4FelixTrapperPosted 4/30/2012 9:08:21 AM
Mario Golf 3DS would be great. But I cringe to think of the Wii / WiiU version with forced motion controls.

No, I don't want to pretend like I'm swinging a damn club everytime I play the game. I'd like to have at least a HINT of accuracy and consistency and be able to relax while I play, thanks.
---
#5MrPerson01Posted 4/30/2012 9:39:38 AM
BdowDELL222 posted...
I would much rather have Mario Golf than Mario Tennis!
#6FakatopaterePosted 4/30/2012 9:45:03 AM
It looks like a mix of MT64 and MPT. Much better than MPT's gameplay so far, because I loved MT64.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
3DS FC: 0302 - 0503 - 0747
#7ShadowMario3Posted 4/30/2012 9:47:11 AM
I preferred Mario Power Tennis over Mario Tennis 64. Just loved the Power Shots and the tight control.

But, I love the Mario Golf series more than the Mario Tennis series. I saw Toadstool Tour as the pinnacle for said series, and would love it if they made a new Mario Golf (still allowing the option for button inputs of course).
#8PeachSodaPosted 4/30/2012 9:49:51 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
I'm glad Mario Golf is dead. Too boring.

Speak for yourself. I much prefer golf over tennis. Mario Golf will see it's return on the Wii U. Guaranteed, and people will buy it.
---
So, I was like "Hi!" and he was like "Duuuude!"" and I was like, "EEEK!" so I ran away.
#9jEr3mYPosted 4/30/2012 11:02:45 PM
ITT: People saying what game is their favourite out of Mario Tennis 64, Mario Power Tennis and Mario Gold, and not actually answering TC's question..
---
Yipee!! I won a Super Mushroom themed Nintendo 3DS in the It's-a Me, Mario competition :-)
#10GigaMan91Posted 5/1/2012 2:29:26 AM
It's a bit lackluster compared to previous games. Very limited character roster, not a lot of game modes compared to Power Tennis, and an item mode doesn't seem to be in it as far as I can tell (which annoys me because Doubles with items is quite entertaining).
The good thing about it is that there are no Power Shots, whose animations were disruptive in the flow of the match and made the game very predictable. They're finally going back to basics with this one. Although, they now have these things called "Chance Shots" which just these fancy new ways to hit the ball. Hopefully, they're not as stupid as Power Shots.

By the way, I much prefer Mario Tennis over Mario Golf. The constant action in Mario Tennis is what keeps me playing it. Quite addicting.