The First Not-Quite-Annual GameFAQs MTO Singles Tournament! (US)

#1BoostPower2004Posted 8/5/2012 2:09:12 AM
(Special Thanks goes to Dragonflame323 for helping me with this!)

Greetings, board. As a means of bringing in more interest/liveliness over here, I've decided now's as good a time as any to start this little series of monthly tournaments I've been planning for some time now. I'll try to keep this short and sweet, so please bear with me.

I've figured, with this being the first time I've ever run such a thing, keeping things simple and basic may be the best way to start. And so...

Rules:
-8 man brackets.
-Regular/UnStarred Mario characters only. (QR Code characters are allowed as well.)
-All courts are allowed.
-Matches will be set to Extended, best two out of three wins.
-Have fun!

Side Notes: (For clarity's sake)
-No shenanigans. Anyone who tries breaking the rules deliberately will be disqualified.
-Needless to say, Miis and Starred characters are not applicable.
-Gyro Controls are also disallowed. (Touch Screen controls are perfectly acceptable, however.)
-And yes, just to be totally clear, this Tournament is for US region players only.

If any rule breaking or arguments regarding who won or not spur, then a Doubles Match will be prompted between the two players and Host(s). The Host(s) will look over the match and decide the true winner this way.

The matches will begin this Saturday at 3 P.M. PST. All entrants will receive a PM the day prior. (If anyone wishes to be notified through a different means, feel free to list such.)

There's uh, kinda no prize or anything fancy like that, but we still hope you enter our dumb thing anyway, pretty please?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1au0xrhoxUo
FC's, contact info, and other junk can be located in my profile. (Send a PM if you add me on anything)
#2Dragonflame323Posted 8/5/2012 2:11:18 AM
Annnd..If you join us, you will get..er.. delicious, /virtual/ cookies. :3 (whichever flavor you like!)
#3BoostPower2004(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2012 2:12:33 AM
And the consolation prize for the losers will be, uh... A lifetime supply of... Butterscotch pudding! E-Pudding!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1au0xrhoxUo
FC's, contact info, and other junk can be located in my profile. (Send a PM if you add me on anything)
#4AKC12Posted 8/5/2012 9:37:37 AM
I'll sign up.

Maybe photo proof should be required to settle any arguments about the match results and anyone who disconnects intentionally.
---
What kind of world to we live in. Where love is divided by hate. Losing control of our feelings. We all must be dreaming this life away in a world so cold.
#5Dragonflame323Posted 8/5/2012 10:10:34 AM
AKC12 posted...
I'll sign up.

Maybe photo proof should be required to settle any arguments about the match results and anyone who disconnects intentionally.

Good going :D *gives cookie*

Also, that could work, but we'll see how BP feels about it. :P
#6SmittonsPosted 8/5/2012 10:47:42 AM
Eh....
#7BlueDryBones1Posted 8/5/2012 11:29:42 AM
I'll play :3 mainly b/c you banned miis :D I'll use Yellow Yoshi. PM If I have to add anyone when you get 8 ppl I'll delete everyone (except Dragon b/c hes on my roster now) after b/c I want to save room on my roster :s

Good luck with this ^^

I cant take pictures though :s I'll be honest on who wins though :P do we report scores too?
#8Dragonflame323Posted 8/5/2012 11:40:03 AM(edited)
BlueDryBones1 posted...
I'll play :3 mainly b/c you banned miis :D I'll use Yellow Yoshi. PM If I have to add anyone when you get 8 ppl I'll delete everyone (except Dragon b/c hes on my roster now) after b/c I want to save room on my roster :s

Good luck with this ^^

I cant take pictures though :s I'll be honest on who wins though :P do we report scores too?

Fair enough *gives cookie* :D Yeah we'll be sure to remind you.

And I know you're honest so I don't think I have to worry about that :P

Reporting score, it's not necessary but I think it's a good idea. *nods*
#9sonic_brawler95Posted 8/5/2012 12:20:26 PM
Hey, it's me Jared, I'll join. :)
So we all have to add each other, I'm guessing? If so, I have Dragon and BP already in my roster. So everyone else add my FC. :D
I
I
v
---
| PSN ID: sonic_brawler95 | 3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712 |
If you want to add me, just ask!
#10Dragonflame323Posted 8/5/2012 12:21:15 PM
Alright, I think I decided I'm gonna use Luma :P (may change though depending)

I've been practicing online with Luma lately and he's actually pretty fun to play with.