Best Fire Emblem game to start getting into the series?

#1FortecrossPosted 6/24/2012 2:51:14 PM
Hiya guys! So I recently realized that...I never played a Fire Emblem game before and this title is looking rather interesting. However, I was wondering if there any other titles in the series that I should play since I won't be getting a 3DS for a long while?

: D Thanks!
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#2Paladin_LightPosted 6/24/2012 2:52:21 PM
I say FE9 since its easy and simple to get into with it's story. That or FE7.
---
3DS FC: 4682-9267-9610
If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest.
#3Huff n puff 20Posted 6/24/2012 3:02:53 PM(edited)
Anything released Stateside besides Radiant Dawn is a good starter. (Although, Shadow Dragon is just not a very good game overall)
---
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0601/nono_confess.jpg
You rage, you lose.
#4EndgamePosted 6/24/2012 3:04:12 PM
Thracia 776
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5newvegas46112Posted 6/24/2012 3:08:58 PM
you should start with Sacred Stoners, it pretty much eases you into the concepts around said series
---
you may be addicted to world of warcraft when your girlfriends pants has a low drop-rate...
#6Wandering__HeroPosted 6/24/2012 3:14:04 PM
7, and ignore anything endgame types
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#7Huff n puff 20Posted 6/24/2012 3:19:12 PM(edited)
you should start with Sacred Stoners, it pretty much eases you into the concepts around said series

lol Sacred Stoners
---
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0601/nono_confess.jpg
You rage, you lose.
#8bottlegnomesPosted 6/24/2012 3:22:06 PM(edited)
7, no subtitle outside Japan, for one sole reason. If you have any FE experience, Lyn Normal mode (the forced 10 chapter long tutorial) will make you want to kill yourself. If you don't, it shouldn't bother you too much. If you don't care about that, 7, 8, 9, and SD are all good places to start. Though if you start with SD and don't like it, try another one. SD's one of the weakest titles in the series. 1, w, and even 3 are far to dated to really be worth playing beyond just to play them. 4 is fun, rather dated, bu nowhere near as bad, but can be tricky if you aren't prepared for it or don't have a good grasp of FE tactics. 5 is incredibly difficult blind and should only be done when you have a good grasp of the series or don't have a problem with spoiling the game for yourself. 6 is fun and not too bad on normal, but a little dated compared to 7 and 8. You can start with that as well pretty easily. Don't start with 10. Once you have a decent grasp of FE, it's not too bad, but newcomers tend to find it very difficult. NM, is a pretty good place to start, but doesn't have a translation.

tl;dr - any of 6, 7, 8, 9, and SD, but I recommend 7. And whichever one you pick, have fun.
---
"You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there is that it hasn't contacted us."
- Calvin
#9Paladin_LightPosted 6/24/2012 3:23:23 PM
newvegas46112 posted...

You did that on purpose. But its true, its so easy even a stoner could beat it.
---
3DS FC: 4682-9267-9610
If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest.
#10CaptainBangPosted 6/24/2012 3:41:19 PM
The Gamecube one.
---
CoD players should stick to things suitable for their level of intelligence, such as flicking light switches.