Can someone clear up what timeline this is in?

#1NettoSaitoPosted 4/26/2012 5:48:21 PM
I've seen quite a lot over the game, but even so I'm really not sure what timeline this takes place in. Some people have told me it's a completely new game, like most FE games, but others have told me that it takes place in Marth's timeline (which I believe more after finding out about a few spoilers...

So, can someone please clear this up for me? Also if it IS Marth's timeline, will I need to know anything to understand the game? The only Fire Emblem games I've really played were 6, 7, 8, and some of 10...
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#2Mugen_Shiro_000Posted 4/26/2012 5:53:27 PM(edited)
NettoSatio posted...
I've seen quite a lot over the game, but even so I'm really not sure what timeline this takes place in. Some people have told me it's a completely new game, like most FE games, but others have told me that it takes place in Marth's timeline (which I believe more after finding out about a few spoilers...

So, can someone please clear this up for me? Also if it IS Marth's timeline, will I need to know anything to understand the game? The only Fire Emblem games I've really played were 6, 7, 8, and some of 10...

1. It DOES take place in Marth's timeline. Although it is in the distant future, as Tiki has physically matured.

2. You don't necessarily need to play any of the older games to understand the main story; if you just have a gist of Marth's saga, you're set. Although you probably will understand all the easter eggs in the DLC levels better if you did.
---
-Not changing this sig until I reboot the entire Megaman series as a unified whole. Started 10/06/11
-COME ON YOU APES YOU WANNA STAY UNBANNED FOREVER!?
#3KarthMoopaPosted 4/26/2012 5:52:00 PM
The only Fire Emblem games I've really played were 6, 7, 8, and some of 10...

I'll never understand why people will play Seals, but not Seisen or Thracia....
#4JC152Posted 4/26/2012 5:54:50 PM
It takes place in Marth's world, but practially everything mentioned in the plot line is brand new. (Sometimes even contradicting the plot of the previous Fire Emblem games, i.e. the role of the Shield of Seals and Earth Dragons.)
#5EndgamePosted 4/26/2012 6:04:54 PM
that's a good question

you'd think the people who end up tracking down Sword of Seals would have heard someone hype the hell out of Genealogy of Holy War, it's one of the most popular games amongst the never released outside of Japan emulation community
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6Jack_the_monke7Posted 4/26/2012 6:12:20 PM
KarthMoopa posted...
The only Fire Emblem games I've really played were 6, 7, 8, and some of 10...

FE6 is similar to FE7 and FE8. It is easier for people to get into. FE4 and FE5 have a more complex system that is harder to learn.
#7KarthMoopaPosted 4/26/2012 6:25:06 PM
FE6 is similar to FE7 and FE8. It is easier for people to get into. FE4 and FE5 have a more complex system that is harder to learn.

Seisen and Thracia are not much more complex than the GBA FEs.
#8NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 6:57:28 PM
Well the main reason I played 6 was for the story, the other games really didn't appeal to me that much.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#9KarthMoopaPosted 4/26/2012 7:17:05 PM
Well the main reason I played 6 was for the story, the other games really didn't appeal to me that much.

Why would you play a game with a bad story... for the story?

Seisen and Thracia have the best story in the series. You're only depriving yourself of massive amounts of pleasure by not playing them.
#10crunchy612Posted 4/26/2012 9:12:42 PM
KarthMoopa posted...

Seisen and Thracia are not much more complex than the GBA FEs.

Seisen's an easy game but its mechanics are old, and pairings can surprise people who have no foreknowledge of the game. Thracia's HELL, but some of its mechanics are what the GBA FEs were based on.
---
"I prefer 'Infiltrate them and sabotage from inside'." - Nykza
"It's like trading my Longsword for Flashbombs." -Ecc