Is Mark an important character to the Fire Emblem series?(Some Spoliers)

#1Paladin_LightPosted 5/25/2012 4:53:45 PM
I mean he appears in two Fire Emblem games(FE7 and FE13.) In FE7 he saved the world with his smarts and tatical plans. I don't know what he does in FE13. Also are those two games connected somehow?
---
3DS FC: 4682-9267-9610
If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest.
#2TheOthinPosted 5/25/2012 5:47:06 PM
Well, FE13 is connected to everything with the SpotPass and DLC allowing you to fight and recruit characters from past games through time space portal stuff. Also various references to past game stories, such as a support conversation bringing up a song clearly referencing Leanne and Naesala.

Strictly speaking, the only games we know are connected are FE1/2/3/4/5/13. FE6/7 also fit into that, but the way they fit in would put them at about halfway between FE4/5 and FE1/2/3 time-wise, which is about 2600 years before FE13.

Mark already traveled to the past once, so maybe he went back even farther? Of course, there's really no clear indication of it being the same Mark. Perhaps MU had heard of Mark the great tactician from thousands of years ago and decided to name his/her son/daughter after him, encouraging him/her to achieve just as much as a strategist.
#3RaulsenPosted 5/25/2012 6:00:33 PM
TheOthin posted...
Well, FE13 is connected to everything with the SpotPass and DLC allowing you to fight and recruit characters from past games through time space portal stuff. Also various references to past game stories, such as a support conversation bringing up a song clearly referencing Leanne and Naesala.

Strictly speaking, the only games we know are connected are FE1/2/3/4/5/13. FE6/7 also fit into that, but the way they fit in would put them at about halfway between FE4/5 and FE1/2/3 time-wise, which is about 2600 years before FE13.

Mark already traveled to the past once, so maybe he went back even farther? Of course, there's really no clear indication of it being the same Mark. Perhaps MU had heard of Mark the great tactician from thousands of years ago and decided to name his/her son/daughter after him, encouraging him/her to achieve just as much as a strategist.

Why am I just now hearing about this theory? >_> If all FE games were in the same universe... Man.
---
Yes, I'm a Christian and 100% proud of it. God Bless!
You're not alone anymore. We're together, and I'm not leaving you. -The City in the Snow Globe
#4TheOthinPosted 5/25/2012 6:15:50 PM
Well, we don't have confirmation about any connections other than FE1/2/3/4/5/13, but that's still a big chunk of the series, and FE6/7 make too much sense to ignore.

There's been a lot of discussion about it on Serenes, such as here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=32644
#5stardust999Posted 5/25/2012 6:49:25 PM
I don't buy into the "it's the same Mark" theory any further than it being a funny little reference, but I do love the idea of FE7's Tactician acting as autistic as FE13's Mark.