Best of the Best: Archers

#11wheeling_gamerPosted 6/13/2012 1:47:02 PM
Marksman is a broken class... Shinon is just the easiest one you have access to.

It's a tossup between him, Louise, and Innes.

I'm going to have to go with F10 Shinon though, just because he gets a better class/weapons.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#12The Fir CoatPosted 6/13/2012 1:49:46 PM
Shinon. (FE10)

Fairly self-explanitory.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#13MarioLinkGenofaPosted 6/13/2012 1:51:17 PM
3-13 SNIPER!

But in all srsness, Shinion is the only one I had the patience to use, because he didn't need to be babied for 100 million chapters.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#14king_darksPosted 6/13/2012 1:57:16 PM
SnarfAndSophie posted...
Paladins: Seth
Swordmasters: Rutger
Knights- Oswin
Mages: Arthur

As much as I hate to do this, I'm going to vote for FE10 Shinon(the most overrated unit in FE history)

And before ANYONE says Shinon is the best beorc in FE10(which someone will), educate your ignorant selves:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10600&st=0

Shinon is in fact lower than NINE other beorc units, and a butt load of laguz. Far from being the "best"

**** Shinon

Stop crying before i send shinon on your ass!
---
It is going to be a long summer guys! Get your anti-troll gear ready! THEY ARE OUT OF SCHOOL!
2750-1614-2362 My Fc
#15KiariyPosted 6/13/2012 1:57:18 PM
Shinon... the only archer I actually like using regularly.
#16Look over therePosted 6/13/2012 2:22:42 PM(edited)
FE3 Kashim (either book really, though book 2 has better bases)

Availability? Ch 2 of book 1 (out of 20), ch 4 of book 2 (out of 22). Check.

Base stats? 7 Str and 6 Spd at lv 3 in book 1. That's...erm, better than some of the garbage starting stats of archers I'm used to. Blows away Gordon's 5 str and 4 spd, of course. In book 2, 10 str and 8 spd at lvl 7. He'll have 4 aspd with iron bows, so he can double enemies with aspd 1 or less (see: early game axe and lance users, occasional bow users). Beats the heck out of Ryan and Gordon in immediate usability. And while it's not one round killing, it is still less 'chipping' and more 'taking away significant chunks of hp'.

Growths? 60% Str and 40% Spd. The Spd is meh, but you don't need too much speed to double in FE3, as axes and lances are pretty heavy. The 60% Str? Hell yes. In FE3, for a character who actually gets a promotion (and thus the extra level space to work with), that's second only to Est's 70%. And in general, who else is in the vicinity? Julian's 70% and Sheema's 60%. Edit: Bah, right, forgot to mention Feena's 60%.
#17emeraldfox_09Posted 6/13/2012 2:08:28 PM
But Castor is a Hunter

Leonardo
---
I often yell at my Wii not to patronize me - Wario_man
Bianca <3. I like Shauntal too.
#18Look over therePosted 6/13/2012 2:11:19 PM
He wasn't on Snarf's list of eligible bow ponies, in the worst of bow ponies thread.

Besides, Kashim's on horse for only maybe 25% of the time in FE3. Does spending about 3/4 of your time on foot qualify more for archer, or for bow pony-dom?
#19Pitbuller_26Posted 6/13/2012 2:11:24 PM
IMO, only FE10 Archers can really count here. FE10 Shinon gets my vote, just look at the base stats and growth rates. Although Jamka and Brigid will always kill something when they attack, same with Faval.

FE10 Shinon is in a class of his own when it comes to Snipers. Excellent speed and growth in it, can take a hit or three and promotes into a Marksman.

Past FE4, the games haven't been kind to archers. FE5 to FE9 is where they were constantly bad and FE10 decided to let them have their chance in the spotlight.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fNERH.gif http://i.imgur.com/0MN9i.gif http://i.imgur.com/vuPpy.gif
#20cironenPosted 6/13/2012 2:14:13 PM
raazychx posted...
Rebecca.

Exactly
---
I Support Sandbag as a Playable Character in New SSB