Nintendo Completely Failed To Anticipate Demand For Fire Emblem 3DS Bundle

#1Wolt18Posted 7/3/2012 4:10:50 PM
Here's a small article I found about the 3DS bundle, seems Nintendo should have made more of those things. Would have been easy cash for them.

GOOD THING I GOT MINE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/03/nintendo-completely-failed-to-anticipate-demand-for-fire-emblem-3ds-bundle/

I pray it comes to America, so I can have 2 of them.
---
The fighting genre is the only serious competitive form of gaming anymore.
http://blazen.thecomicseries.com/comics/
#2chtma653Posted 7/3/2012 4:17:15 PM
and immediately AVG blocks something. Awesome.
---
I, do, no,t, hav,e, a, c,o,m,m,a, p,ro,,,b,,l,em,,,,,
You may not include spoiler tags in your signature :(
#3Kyoshiro12345Posted 7/3/2012 5:25:06 PM
I have my Zelda, Gundam SD, and Monster Hunter 3g bundles and when i was looking at this one i wasnt impressed so i passed, not planning to buy any american system but if they do make something interesting i will prob buy it.
#4FiendEmperorPosted 7/3/2012 6:10:00 PM
I WANT THIS BUNDLE SO BAD!!!
so so so bad i want it
#5xGreekAcex714Posted 7/3/2012 7:04:33 PM
FiendEmperor posted...
I WANT THIS BUNDLE SO BAD!!!
so so so bad i want it

---
---
Its all Greek to me dude. Yiassou
#6Fimbulvetr17Posted 7/3/2012 7:09:11 PM
Wow... I heard that there was a problem with something related to this FE 3DS bundle... but I never thought that the server crashed...

But hm, maybe this will come to America...
#7654356676432134Posted 7/3/2012 7:14:15 PM
chtma653 posted...
and immediately AVG blocks something. Awesome.

lol AVG.

Anyway, that's a shame. The bundle is gorgeous..
#8KarthMoopaPosted 7/3/2012 11:08:30 PM
The bundle is pretty much irrelevant now thanks to 3DS XL. So unless the american version is going to be based on the XL, there would be no reason to get it because LMAO TINY SCREENS
#9LOLGRIZZPosted 7/3/2012 11:33:09 PM
Is there anything in this law that prevents Nintendo from taking the current 3DS Bundle design, changing a few small cosmetic things, and then selling it again as a slightly different product? Seems like a decent loophole to get around the problem.
---
West of the brick. ~*Rockets Fan*~
Epic SA-X: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI89FfIEYU4
#10TheOthinPosted 7/4/2012 6:37:26 AM
LOLGRIZZ posted...
Is there anything in this law that prevents Nintendo from taking the current 3DS Bundle design, changing a few small cosmetic things, and then selling it again as a slightly different product? Seems like a decent loophole to get around the problem.

I don't think so. They sold the product under the pretense that the special edition 3DS was a rare item of only X number of special edition 3DSs that they could only get firsthand this way. It seems that Japanese law regards that as a contract with the customers to keep to that pretense, and Nintendo likely respects this as a matter of ethical practice, as well: releasing it any other way could be seen as cheating the people who bought it the first time.

To be honest, the way I see it, the real solution for the future is to eliminate that pretense, or at least to make it clear that they were leaving themselves wiggle room to add a certain amount more later for a limited time. I'm sure that pretense was never the main reason people wanted the special edition 3DS.