Official Ike vs Sigurd topic.

#11Flamingace18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 7:08:24 PM
slowwave posted...
Let's make this very very simple.

Many many characters in Fire Emblem 9 can wreck many maps, Ike is not the only one who can do that kinda thing. In fact, being on foot, he cannot do maps nearly as quickly as the mounted units like Titania can.

Sigurd is in a class of his own in his game. No one can match him in Generation one when it comes to sweeping the map.

No. One.

Sigurd > FE9 Ike.

Well false. If your playing on HM and send Titania (WTF's wrong with you clowns using her over Oscar?) to "Clear the map" she'll get slaughtered.

To be fair FE4 is balanced like FE10 was.

Ike also run's the second half of the game. Now for the sake of the argument let's say each character is favored in his respective game. (Each unit get's stat ups or forged weapons ect ect.) So Ike gets boots which boots him up to 8 movement. (9 When he's promoted). Throw in Ragnell and his movement is now 9 + 1(Sort of an extra movement).

Since I don't remember their being a skill to increase movement in 4. Ike can counter with the movement.

However I do see the point of it taking favoritism and chapter 15 (?) to get his movement up.

Sigurd can solo his game however not a wise choice. Takes away xp from other units. (Especially since he acts like a Jeigan with xp.)

But since we're gonna say favoritism is used I guess it doesn't matter.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999.
#12Ardha_nariPosted 7/15/2012 7:15:07 PM
While FE9 Ike does end up to be a complete beast combat wise when he gets Ragnell for the last two stages of the game for the rest of the game his combat is pretty much beaten by the better mounts for having more move to get to enemies faster and having a reliable way to counter enemies during their enemy phases.

Sigurd on the other hand does to his half game the game pretty much what Seth does to FE8 combat wise, espcially with that Silver Sword that he gets during the second half of the Prologue. Sigurd's only real weakness during FE4 are Sleep Staves due to his Res but during the brief time that he has Tyrfring that becomes a non-issue.

TL:DR version, Sigurd > Ike for being a mount in a game where mounts are broken and for being consistently powerful throughout harder half of the game.
---
Formerly Ardhamon2341
#13Flamingace18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 7:16:26 PM
Gnomes your killing me here man. Of course the Jeigan is stronger than the lord. (EVERY GAME STARTS THAT WAY)

Ike does start weak however will be doubling units faster than Boyd and will catch Oscar pretty easily. The first like 4 chapters are pretty much only axe users. Which gives Ike a huge advantage.

Back to Titania really quick. In HM I think she gets only like like 1-3 xp (unsure and to lazy to check) per kill while Oscar gets like 9xp per kill. So this means she stealing xp from other units like crazy.

Endgame why do you hate every FE from like 5+?
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999.
#14bottlegnomesPosted 7/15/2012 7:18:59 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
Well false. If your playing on HM and send Titania (WTF's wrong with you clowns using her over Oscar?) to "Clear the map" she'll get slaughtered.

This is so blatantly false.

Titania: http://serenesforest.net/fe9/average/titania.html

Oscar: http://serenesforest.net/fe9/average/oscar.html

Ike: http://serenesforest.net/fe9/average/ike.html

Titania has pretty similar durability to Oscar. So if she's getting slaughtered, so's Oscar. Ike trades some defense for more health, for overall similar durability to Oscar, so he's not doing any better.

Ike also run's the second half of the game. Now for the sake of the argument let's say each character is favored in his respective game. (Each unit get's stat ups or forged weapons ect ect.) So Ike gets boots which boots him up to 8 movement. (9 When he's promoted). Throw in Ragnell and his movement is now 9 + 1(Sort of an extra movement).

Why does Ike automatically get the boots? Even then, he still falls behind the paladins. In that case, Sigurd gets the leg ring, for 12 move, meaning he'll be way ahead of everyone else, a defense ring, for around 25-27 defense along with 60 health, a strength ring, for 30 strength, a speed ring for 25ish speed, and the hero sword, to double his offense. Ike's stat leads aren't looking so good now.

Since I don't remember their being a skill to increase movement in 4. Ike can counter with the movement.

Look above.

However I do see the point of it taking favoritism and chapter 15 (?) to get his movement up.

What?

Sigurd can solo his game however not a wise choice. Takes away xp from other units. (Especially since he acts like a Jeigan with xp.)

Ike soloing his game takes away just as much, if not more, experience from other units if you let him solo it.

No. There's also the matter of how much that favoritism is warranted, how well they do without it, and what other units benefit more from the same favoritism.
---
"You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there is that it hasn't contacted us."
- Calvin
#15kakashik99992Posted 7/15/2012 7:19:02 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
slowwave posted...
Let's make this very very simple.

Many many characters in Fire Emblem 9 can wreck many maps, Ike is not the only one who can do that kinda thing. In fact, being on foot, he cannot do maps nearly as quickly as the mounted units like Titania can.

Sigurd is in a class of his own in his game. No one can match him in Generation one when it comes to sweeping the map.

No. One.

Sigurd > FE9 Ike.

To be fair FE4 is balanced like FE10 was.

Why it matters if Sigurd robs exp of everyone else on gen 1 since they will not be around for the next gen anyway?

Sigurd can literally solo his entire game(gen 1 fe4) that's why Ike simply can't be better than Sigurd. Because Ike can't simply solo his own game with the maximum efficiency possibly.If you solo with Ike not only will not be really easy like with Sigurd but also will not be at a very good efficiency turn wise
#16slowwavePosted 7/15/2012 7:22:16 PM
Flamingace18 posted...

That's a fun statement.

Which map are you talking about and in what context? I said that many (antonym of "few") characters can trivialize Path of Radiance, and that Ike is not the only one who can, nor is he the easiest way to do so.

Sigurd can solo his game however not a wise choice. Takes away xp from other units.

That might be a valid argument if stats were passed down in some way to the kids instead of growths. But it isn't, and they aren't.

Now for the sake of the argument let's say each character is favored in his respective game. (Each unit get's stat ups or forged weapons ect ect.) So Ike gets boots which boots him up to 8 movement. (9 When he's promoted). Throw in Ragnell and his movement is now 9 + 1(Sort of an extra movement).

Yeah, you might want to rethink that one.

The only thing to be said is that Sigurd needs nowhere nearly as much babying as Ike does.

Sigurd > Ike
---
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
#17DarkHeroRavenPosted 7/15/2012 7:23:59 PM
Endgame why do you hate every FE from like 5+?

He does accept 6 and 7, and from what he says, it sounds like it's solely down to difficulty level >_> And in FE13's case, "dating sim elements" (even though they're not)
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#18Ardha_nariPosted 7/15/2012 7:24:30 PM
I don't know why people keep insisting that Sigurd get's less exp from killing enemies in his game due to being a pre-promote when in FE4, promoted units gain exp at a similar rate to an unpromoted unit at the same level.
---
Formerly Ardhamon2341
#19bottlegnomesPosted 7/15/2012 7:26:18 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
Gnomes your killing me here man. Of course the Jeigan is stronger than the lord. (EVERY GAME STARTS THAT WAY)

And that means they automatically have an advantage in early game. Starting strong is not a bad thing.

Ike does start weak however will be doubling units faster than Boyd and will catch Oscar pretty easily. The first like 4 chapters are pretty much only axe users. Which gives Ike a huge advantage.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15227

You're drastically overestimating how fast enemies are in this game. After a few levels, both are doubling fine. Boyd will also have 5 more attack on Ike, which will only increase. Ike will be limited to iron, or lose attack speed for longer than Boyd because of lower strength base and growth.

Back to Titania really quick. In HM I think she gets only like like 1-3 xp (unsure and to lazy to check) per kill while Oscar gets like 9xp per kill. So this means she stealing xp from other units like crazy.

She's the best unit you have to kill bosses, which gets her around 20-30. Using Ike steals experience from Oscar. Using Boyd steals experience from Oscar. Using any unit steals experience from another. Titania starts with a stat lead. Oscar needs experience just to match her bases. So Oscar takes resources just to get to what Titania has with none. How is she stealing resources from him?
---
"You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there is that it hasn't contacted us."
- Calvin
#20kakashik99992Posted 7/15/2012 7:26:47 PM
Ardha_nari posted...
I don't know why people keep insisting that Sigurd get's less exp from killing enemies in his game due to being a pre-promote when in FE4, promoted units gain exp at a similar rate to an unpromoted unit at the same level.

The worse part of the argument is the fact that you can pretty much solo the entire gen 1 with Sigurd getting all the xp and it wont make any difference on gen 2. I mean I usually just did that when I wanted to just test a pairing