class changing question

#1HotCell43Posted 7/21/2012 6:11:00 AM
Should I wait until I hit max level before I change to the advance class?
#2Paladin_LightPosted 7/21/2012 6:16:04 AM
No since you can do it for a infinite amount of times. I say level 10 at most.
---
3DS FC: 4682-9267-9610
If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest.
#3HotCell43(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2012 6:19:11 AM
how about stat gain? Won't I lose the stats I could get from the remaining levels of my basic class if I changed to the advance class too early?
#4Paladin_LightPosted 7/21/2012 6:54:13 AM
No since when you class change you start from level one again and you keep the stats you had before. Also depending on the class you change to you either gain some stats or lose some(EX Knight,Calavair ETC)
---
3DS FC: 4682-9267-9610
If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest.
#5Kyoshiro12345Posted 7/21/2012 7:15:04 AM
I would at least wait until you get the ability that your unit gets at lvl15
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#6azn_boy150Posted 7/21/2012 7:35:56 AM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
I would at least wait until you get the ability that your unit gets at lvl15

Well that depends on what tier that class is in. If it's in the 1st tier, like Cavalier, Mage, etc. then the last skill is obtained at level 10. If it's a 2nd tier class like Sniper, Assassin, etc. then the last skill is learned at level 15.
---
"You can go on and on about being ironic all you want. Intentionally stupid and annoying is still stupid and annoying."
PSN:azn_boy150
#7SekusenPosted 7/21/2012 10:15:25 AM
Even though everyone keeps asking this, and even though everyone keeps saying, "Level 10 is fine because you aren't limited to a certain amount of level ups"... well, how many people are actually going to grind that much anyway?

If you play it like a regular FE, just going through the story, it's still best to wait to 20 to promote, and when grinding, I will probably go to 20 anyway unless most of the stats are capped.
---
Even so I will... I will believe! I will believe in the me, that believes in us, humans and the future! The drill is my soul!
#8Belmont_92Posted 7/21/2012 10:27:26 AM
^
I've been curious about this too, if your just going through the story and a few DLC maps, do you even have time to reclass more than once with several units?
---
Big bad ol' lord of terror always got whipped, stabbed and *****-slapped by the occasional passerby that just happened to stroll into the castle -Pato468
#9arvilinoPosted 7/21/2012 10:31:39 AM
Sekusen posted...

If you play it like a regular FE, just going through the story, it's still best to wait to 20 to promote.

That's not true. Promoted classes have quite high base stats, provide better double bonuses and promoting early results in your units getting their promoted skills earlier on in the game than if you waited for level 20 to promote them.

It's best to promote them at different levels depending what you want from the unit at which time rather than all the units at the same level.
#10Kyoshiro12345Posted 7/21/2012 2:28:03 PM
yeah thats what i did on prev FE where you couldnt grind, and i have gotten so used to final fantasy XI and XIV online, where you do need to grind and i dont mind it anymore, screw the dont mind, i love grinding now, got all 20 jobs to lv99 on FFXI and lv50 on all the starting jobs on FF XIV, that now im enjoying grinding, got multiple units past the cap exp 3-4 times and getting no up on stats for a while, just waiting on next DLC so i can max those +10 on all stats by exploiting that exp map, oh well i lv all the way till it says max exp and then promote or reclass,
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.