My FE4 playthrough (part 2): Here's your chance to say my pairings are stupid!

#31HydraHunterPosted 9/18/2012 3:14:08 PM
Kysafen posted...
HydraHunter posted...
You can easily solo Gen 1 with Sigurd, I don't understand the problem.

Gen 2 if you do.

Celice is better then Sigurd in every meaning of the word and should be starting with either a 100 kill Silver Sword, 100 kill Hero Sword or both. That's a flat 50% critical bonus right from the start at level 1. It's entirely possible to have him promoted by the end of Chapter 5 which gives him a mount, something that Sigurd temporarily had over him, which allow him to run through levels without the slightest hope of death. That and, as mentioned before, Gen 2 has better characters then Gen 1 in general so if you want to use other units then just Celice you can. Honestly the only downside to soloing Gen 1 with Sigurd is during ranked play and that's really it.
#32Huff n puff 20Posted 9/18/2012 3:48:05 PM
MarioLinkGenofa posted...
Killing Alec wouldn't work, just saying.

Yeah it would.

If either parent in a pair is dead at the END of Chapter 5 it gives you the replacements. If Alec is already paired with Sylvia, and dies before Ch5's completion you get Laylea and Sharlow.

On that subject of Sigurd can't die: He's not Ike, he has a weakness: Horseslayers > Him. He's not Celice either, he can't dismount. And it's not like there isn't a fleet of dragons at one point with Horseslayers.... oh wait.
---
Dance of the Damned! Instant Balls!
#33Kysafen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 4:51:29 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...

Yeah it would.

If either parent in a pair is dead at the END of Chapter 5 it gives you the replacements. If Alec is already paired with Sylvia, and dies before Ch5's completion you get Laylea and Sharlow.

On that subject of Sigurd can't die: He's not Ike, he has a weakness: Horseslayers > Him. He's not Celice either, he can't dismount. And it's not like there isn't a fleet of dragons at one point with Horseslayers.... oh wait.

Sending Sigurd to the Thracians in Chapter 5 is completely optional and not recommended. It's not like you'd send an Armor to a unit full of Armorslayers or Hammers under normal circumstances.
---
Wow, I haven't gotten any of my posts deleted in months! Time to fix tha[The rest of this signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34MarioLinkGenofaPosted 9/18/2012 5:10:44 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...

Yeah it would.

I've tested in an all sub play, only the death of the mother brings in subs, fathers are moot
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#35Youmu_KPosted 9/19/2012 7:49:28 AM

can't you just send levin and his holsety to clear them
---
[Esta mensagem foi apagada ao pedido de um moderador ou administrador]
http://i.imgur.com/HQXJQ.jpg
#36Brady672_AT_fanPosted 9/19/2012 1:06:43 PM
Youmu_K posted...

can't you just send levin and his holsety to clear them

That's what I did...
---
"Oh dood! Master Etna is gonna kill us!!"
3DS FC: 1375-7273-8593
#37Kysafen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 7:39:01 AM
Update: Current Chapter: 7
Looks like Johan/Johalva are kind of the Samson/Arran of this game.

Arthur
Items: Wind, Thunder, Valkyrie
Skills: Wrath

Johan
Items: Steel, Hero/Brave Axe
Skills: Duel/Ambush
For two reasons: 1. Bows are useless for promotion
2. Movement range (no, NOT for a ranked run, I chose his range to make it easy and easier on promotion for him to get around.

Shanan
Items: Steel Blade, Balmung
Skills: Pursuit, Continue, Astra
And I had a feeling Skasaha was going to rape the arena...

Leaf
Items: Light Sword, Slim, Iron Sword
Skills: Continue, Critical

Fin
Items: Iron Lance, Silver Lance, Barrier Ring, Hero Lance, Iron... lance (a 2nd one)?
Skills: Pursuit, Prayer

Patty
Items: Sleep Sword, Life Ring
Skills: Continue, Steal, Ambush/Duel

Julia
Items: Relive/Mend, Aura
Skills: Pursuit, Continue, Nihil

Fee
Items: Steel Lance, Javelin, Slim Lance, Berserk Sword, Slim Sword
Skills: Pursuit, Continue, Critical

Nanna
Items: Earth Sword, Prayer Sword, Iron Sword, Relive/Mend, Thief Sword
Skills: Pursuit, Charisma, Duel/Ambush

Notes on recruits: I can only hope Arthur will be able to keep up. Johan's Hero axe and his growths already are looking good, Shanan's gonna be broken, Leaf's getting preferential treatment from me (Thracia 776lolololol), Fin's role will kind of look like the lance version of Johan (or vice-versa), except the difference here is Pursuit. Which makes ALL the difference. Julia actually looks far better than Deidre for being able to double now, Patty'd better start showing some strength and speed growths or she's benched. Fee looks to be playing the same role as Fury, which isn't too bad. I assume Nanna's gonna be pretty high-tier as well.

Notes on Chapter 6: Gave the Skill ring from the village to Lakche, so now BOTH swordsmen are totally overkill-broken. As usual, doing the whole arena thing. Rivough's Town music reminds me of Hella Good by No Doubt, for some stupid reason, and I Staffabused Lana to level 7, and believe me that's not the last of staffabusing you'll see from me.

Also, it looks like Chapter 7 is going to be an excruciating slow-movefest that artificially adds length to an already long and boring game. Hooraaaaayyyyyyy.
---
Wow, I haven't gotten any of my posts deleted in months! Time to fix tha[The rest of this signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#38The Fir CoatPosted 9/24/2012 8:34:02 AM(edited)
I'd say that Chapter 7 is the worst in the game for movement stupidity. Thankfully after Celice conquers the first castle the cliff collapses so he can walk back the normal way. Personally I prefer Johalva since his stats are a little bit better, but Johan is good.

Arthur with anyone besides Levin as his dad is sort of mediocre to bad, honestly.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#39supershyguy65Posted 9/24/2012 8:52:30 AM
^That's why you just use people like Aless and Sety. As long as Sety and Ayra's kids get good pairings, any other character is just a bonus.
#40Brady672_AT_fanPosted 9/24/2012 1:52:49 PM
supershyguy65 posted...
^That's why you just use people like Aless and Sety. As long as Sety and Ayra's kids get good pairings, any other character is just a bonus.

*Levin

And yeah, pretty much this. Sety, Fee, Lakche, Skasaher, Aless, Julia, Shanan, Celice, and Leaf's sister (who's name escapes me) are all you need to win the game.
---
"Oh dood! Master Etna is gonna kill us!!"
3DS FC: 1375-7273-8593