The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Please explain the "time-travel" component in this game.

#1GamingPandasPosted 9/22/2012 10:32:24 PM
I was reading up some stuff on Serene and some reviews...

So I know that when MU reaches S rank with opposite gendered character, MU and that character will marry.

Ok, so erm, what's this time travel thing? Apparently, your future child is "recruitable"? Can someone please explain this time travel thing? I hope its not something so illogical that it will break the story of the game.

Oh, and when you reach S rank. Is there a marriage cutscene or something? Or do you suddenly become married without any reference?
#2EdalborezPosted 9/22/2012 10:54:08 PM
Without getting too specific, the children characters are from an alternate future where things went badly. I believe they appear from gates or something, and My Unit's child, Mark, is from a different gate (which is why MU can marry the children and produce Mark). As far as gameplay goes, the sidequest to recruit a particular child doesn't "exist" until their corresponding parent enters a S rank support. So they don't all just appear at once, even though the implication is that any of the children would know each other if born.

For supports with My Unit you get to see a little piece of artwork of the other character, usually blushing, as they propose. Otherwise the S rank conversation itself is basically a proposal with the implication that they get married at a much later date.
#3GamingPandas(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 11:23:38 PM
Thanks to you again!

Oh yea, since NA and EU are both going to get both games....

Do you think EU is going to get this game first? If so, do you think this game will be full of British accents? Because The Last Story was dubbed in EU first, its NA Wii versionwill retain the EU dubs...

Or do you think EU and NA will have different dubs from one another?

I'm just a bit... not really unfond of but I feel a bit disappointed if this game's NA localization will be full of characters speaking British English...
#4DarkHeroRavenPosted 9/23/2012 12:35:03 AM
Heyyy, have you got something against us Brits? D:

I kid. Anyway, aside from Krom and male MU, all child characters are tied to female units - the specific male unit the female is paired with determines their hair colour and certain other things. Only one child character is recruited during the story, but I won't get into that because spoilers.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#5SkaldskaparmalPosted 9/23/2012 4:37:08 AM
GamingPandas posted...
Thanks to you again!

Oh yea, since NA and EU are both going to get both games....

Do you think EU is going to get this game first? If so, do you think this game will be full of British accents? Because The Last Story was dubbed in EU first, its NA Wii versionwill retain the EU dubs...

Or do you think EU and NA will have different dubs from one another?

I'm just a bit... not really unfond of but I feel a bit disappointed if this game's NA localization will be full of characters speaking British English...

Treehouse is doing the localization, so I don't think the North American version will just be piggybacking off of the European one, thankfully.
#6SazukeEXPosted 9/23/2012 11:49:28 AM
There are 3 Timelines currently.

Future
Mark Future
New Timeline(The one you play through)

Nothing you do in the New Timeline changes the now Alternate Future or Mark's Future. However due to time travel issues Mark and the children somehow know each other despite how impossible it is considering MU's quick fate in the now Alternate Future. The only explanation would be that MU had Mark after being taking over by Gimle which is unlikely.

There's also a possible new timeline if you count the upcoming DLC that has you going into the Future. Though this may just be the kids or Mark's Future.

---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)