If I wanted to get Fire Emblem: Awakening, which Fire Emblem games....

#1ChevelIePosted 9/24/2012 8:52:45 PM
Would I need to play to get caught up with the story?
---
Open fire
#2EdalborezPosted 9/24/2012 8:53:58 PM
The story is almost completely unrelated to any of the other FEs. Fire Emblem as a series generally sticks to one continuity for 2-3 games then moves to another.
#3rhys855Posted 9/24/2012 8:56:46 PM
Yeah you don't really need to play any.

Unless you need something to pass the time N_S
---
Pakkun loves to dig deep in tight,dirty, holes.
#4FiendEmperorPosted 9/24/2012 11:48:44 PM
Play some of the others cause they're awesome though ;)
#5RPGman1Posted 9/25/2012 12:06:25 AM
You won't know who the Spotpass/DLC characters are unless you either play older games or read about them, but those are just extra fanservice references and won't mess up the main story for you if you don't understand them.

I'd just play the other games anyway. You've got time, after all.
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#6Belmont_92Posted 9/25/2012 5:16:00 AM
If you want to play some Fire Emblem games without an emulator and translation patch (unless you can read Japanese), Fire Emblem Blazing Sword (just called "Fire Emblem" in NA), Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance are all good games to start the series with. But none of these games have anything to do with Awakening's story.

If you care about some of the references, then you can try Shadow Dragon as it takes place in the same continent but hundreds of years before Awakening. But if you already know who Marth is then you're good.
---
Currently Waiting for:
Fire Emblem Awakening, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, Castlevania Mirror of Fate
#7SazukeEXPosted 9/25/2012 5:23:37 AM
If you're getting DLC than at least play FE gba to get to know Lyn since her DLC is a call back to that game's MU.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#8Me_Love_HentaiPosted 9/25/2012 8:40:12 AM
The stories of most of them are unrelated to each other. they are kind of broken down into groups before they move on to a new story

FE 1-3 are related to each other

FE 4-5 are related

FE 6-7 are related

FE 9-10 are related
---
I want to impregnate Nono
I LOVE ENDGAME AND KARTHMOOPA AND MOGAR