This game might bomb in the US

#1Legend_Of_InouePosted 9/30/2012 3:34:20 AM
The reason it did so well in Japan was the dating sim aspect.

But what made it popular with Joe otaku, will likely drive away Joe casual.
---
You are in my way.
#2BhelliumPosted 9/30/2012 3:37:04 AM
HA

Tbqh the "confession scenes" look really dumb to me. Way too... Japanese.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#3Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 3:43:33 AM
Bhellium posted...
Tbqh the "confession scenes" look really dumb to me. Way too... Japanese.

Precisely. Nintendo may have to remove them from the US version to make it more marketable in the west.
---
You are in my way.
#4Wandering__HeroPosted 9/30/2012 4:39:24 AM
Not sure if srous.

Dating sim aspects aren't a big feature in the west, but they don't have negative impacts on the games sales.

Persona 4 did BETTER in the west than it did in Japan, DESu2 is one of the highest selling srpgs on the ds, Growslanser did better than it had any right to, and the Luminous arc games produced mediocre sales befitting mediocre games.

Shadow Dragon is the only FE to have had a lackluster performance in the west.

The bulk of gamers are not going to avoid buying a good game because you can have children.
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#5monkeypahngPosted 9/30/2012 6:17:34 AM
Depends on if the population of the US are as ignorant as TC.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#6KysafenPosted 9/30/2012 6:48:29 AM
There's always the risk of bombing in the U.S.; what season it is, what games are being released near the game's release date, if gamers are into the genre, if they shipped copies to areas where demand is low, and so on. Nintendo can handle these parts (and they'd better handle them adequately if they ever hope to see any of my cash ever again).

The rest is up to us.
---
Wow, I haven't gotten any of my posts deleted in months! Time to fix tha[The rest of this signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7SazukeEXPosted 9/30/2012 7:35:50 AM
Hey now, FE has gained more renown in the west. It'll do fine. It also has DLC which most Westerners love!
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#8EndgamePosted 9/30/2012 7:53:20 AM
Shadow Dragon is the only FE to have had a lackluster performance in the west.

well yeah, they didn't ****ing advertise it

like, at all
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9EdalborezPosted 9/30/2012 8:16:01 AM
Look at Persona 3/4: They keep honorifics, much less everything Japanese-y and dating sim-like. There's nothing to worry about.
#10KysafenPosted 9/30/2012 12:45:22 PM
Edalborez posted...
Look at Persona 3/4: They keep honorifics, much less everything Japanese-y and dating sim-like. There's nothing to worry about.

Persona's fanbase is now well-established in the industry, arguably more so than Fire Emblem. Atlus now KNOWS P5's sales are going to kick ass.

You saw the initial reaction to the new art style, and I'm willing to bet the people on these boards aren't the only people that are gonna feel the disconnect, even IF it's as advertised as it should.

For reference, however, Shadow Dragon sold ~250,000 units in the US. That's reportedly just ~2,000 short of Japan's sales. Not sure to take that as a bad sign when you compare the total populations of both nations, or good for how many people actually play SRPGs in the States in comparison to Japan, period...
---
Wow, I haven't gotten any of my posts deleted in months! Time to fix tha[The rest of this signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]