This game might bomb in the US

#21Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 4:46:37 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...
Dating sim aspects aren't a big feature in the west, but they don't have negative impacts on the games sales.

<snip>

The bulk of gamers are not going to avoid buying a good game because you can have children.

monkeypahng posted...
Depends on if the population of the US are as ignorant as TC.

That depends on whether Nintendo decides to use it as the main selling point. The mainstream gamers outside the fandom will just remember it as another quirky Japanese dating game, completely forgetting about the strategy part.

Checkmate88 posted...
Shadow Dragon just had no personality at all. You can only advertise a pile of **** so much.

If FE1 was the first stateside release, everyone would be heaping praise on the remake right now.

Pikablu45 posted...
I see what you mean BUT it seems you fail to understand how good a system it is. People in the West are obsessed with customizing their characters in RPGs (take Elder Scrolls for example or WoW) and so by introducing a generation system, you're doing just that, you can influence how good your fighters will be instead of having predetermined growths, this and that...it won't be a bomb in the US it's going to be a BLAST!

But the majority will gloss over the details and won't see it as anything more than "that dating game where your characters have children".
---
You are in my way.
#22BhelliumPosted 10/2/2012 7:54:58 PM
Legend_Of_Inoue posted...
Dating sim aspects aren't a big feature in the west, but they don't have negative impacts on the games sales.

<snip>

The bulk of gamers are not going to avoid buying a good game because you can have children.

monkeypahng posted...
Depends on if the population of the US are as ignorant as TC.

That depends on whether Nintendo decides to use it as the main selling point. The mainstream gamers outside the fandom will just remember it as another quirky Japanese dating game, completely forgetting about the strategy part.

HA
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#23Huff n puff 20Posted 10/2/2012 9:30:27 PM(edited)
If FE1 was the first stateside release, everyone would be heaping praise on the remake right now.

Except, FE1 is better than that boring as hell remake, as FE1 properly punishes you for stupid mistakes.

However, FE1 also was the first game in the series, released on the NES. FE11, on the other hand made little to no improvement over FE1, adding nothing of value to the game and it sucked in general.

It bombed hard of the result of bad game is bad.

Also, Dating Sim aspects have a tendency to INCREASE sales, regardless of where it's released.
---
Dance of the Damned! Instant Balls!
#24Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:48:03 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...

Except, FE1 is better than that boring as hell remake, as FE1 properly punishes you for stupid mistakes.

However, FE1 also was the first game in the series, released on the NES. FE11, on the other hand made little to no improvement over FE1, adding nothing of value to the game and it sucked in general.

Irrelevant. All it needed was the power of nostalgia.
---
You are in my way.
#25Wandering__HeroPosted 10/3/2012 6:21:47 AM
Your either a troll or a stubborn fool.

Look at the sales if your concerned about the truth
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#26UltimaKeyMasterPosted 10/3/2012 11:07:07 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...

Well, it had that and was advertised on the Net with that in mind. Look where Shadow Dragon ended up? In the garbage for being probably one of the laziest remakes in recent memory.

It also ended up screwing over the way better remade sequel, where they learned their lesson.

Yeah, nostalgia helps for FE, right? 'Cept it doesn't.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade
#27Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:04:36 PM
Your either a troll or a stubborn fool.

Run out of arguments and resorting to insults already?

I accept your defeat.

UltimaKeyMaster posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...

Well, it had that and was advertised on the Net with that in mind. Look where Shadow Dragon ended up? In the garbage for being probably one of the laziest remakes in recent memory.

It also ended up screwing over the way better remade sequel, where they learned their lesson.

Yeah, nostalgia helps for FE, right? 'Cept it doesn't.

Nostalgia won't work when your target audience haven't played the original game when they were smaller.

Imagine Nintendo remade FE7 with as many improvements as Shadow Dragon. Western fans would hail it as the best FE ever made, and you know it.
---
You are in my way.
#28NewbieN00bPosted 10/3/2012 3:16:31 PM
Only if the remake included FE6 as a second gen, FE7 isn't really worth it. Story-wise it's more of a big Gaiden game. :v

Out of curiosity, how well did SD actually do in japan sales wise? I'm pretty sure its FE3 that has the big nostalgia factor over there, not FE1.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#29Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:31:52 PM
It doesn't need FE6 to sell in the west. Because FE7 was the first US released FE game, the masses will eat it up regardless of the amount of new content.
---
You are in my way.
#30NewbieN00bPosted 10/3/2012 3:44:20 PM(edited)
Okay, but would that be reasonable considering japan has FE6?

Anyone have the japanese sales for SD and NM? I'm actually curious about this now.

Because FE3 also had book one which was a remake of dark dragon and the sword of light.
---
Give me all teh FE D':