Degel/Dezel and her armor...

#1xGreekAcex714Posted 10/3/2012 6:06:03 PM
Anyone else feel its unfitting/weird lookin'?

http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/4/46/Dezel.png

Also, Velvet is very hairy.

http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/4/4d/Velvet_Portrait.jpg

She must be Greek! THEREFORE I MUST MARRY HER.
---
---
Its all Greek to me dude. Yiassou
#2Sun XiaoPosted 10/3/2012 6:31:01 PM
Degel wants to play football only if she has helmet.
---
I, Garyus, will drain your fetid blood, drop by drop ! -Garyus-Dragon Force
#3MezameruPosted 10/3/2012 6:33:06 PM
I don't like it, but it's pretty easy to just mentally block out the pauldrons. You can see an outline of her shoulder.

The armor also makes it look like she has really nice hips. :D
---
PSN: Lennark
#4SazukeEXPosted 10/3/2012 7:08:21 PM
Of course she's furry, she's a furry.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#5EdalborezPosted 10/3/2012 7:24:47 PM
Mezameru posted...
I don't like it, but it's pretty easy to just mentally block out the pauldrons.

Wow. I couldn't put my finger on it for the longest time but this is what I hate about the General armor aesthetics for this game. Those pauldrons. Just flattening out those jet engine-looking bumps would make it look 900x better.
#6Cheesepower5Posted 10/3/2012 8:25:27 PM
Yeah, the Pauldrons in this game are kinda ridiculous. :/ Especially Paris' metal-gear-halo bulls*** going on. Weird though. Soiree has no shoulder pads at all, and her daughter's are the most disproportionate in all the lands. At least Callum's body type kinda fits it... And Sol actually has them.

And Velvet doesn't have hair where it counts, that's all that matters. Just the finest natural ascot I've ever seen.
---
Official Izanagi of the SMT IV board.
#7BhelliumPosted 10/3/2012 9:29:09 PM(edited)
I feel like Awakening is the ultimate expression of misunderstood pauldron design in videogames.

Dammit WoW, this is all your fault.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#8HeroDunDunPosted 10/4/2012 2:38:02 PM
Yeah, the pauldron are strange and too big... But the rest of the armor is quite good-looking (as is Degel). Look at her confession image if you dislike the pauldron, she does not have them on the image.
Anyway, we can only judge the upper part of her armor. I wish Nintendo would release complete artworks for all characters...
---
I would like a Smash Bros like Fire Emblem. Or a Zelda-like FE with Lucina as a main character.
#9EndgamePosted 10/4/2012 3:46:44 PM
Dammit WoW, this is all your fault.

WoW's pauldrons are fine

stop playing scrawny Blood Elves and roll the Orcish master race
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#10BhelliumPosted 10/4/2012 9:56:32 PM
It's more that they started the trend towards epic pauldrons, or at least they get credit for it. Has to do with their whole original system and pauldrons being one of the few things they could put a lot of detail into w/o too much trouble, blah blah blah, designers love following the leader, blah blah blah.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference