How Many Support Conversations Can You View?

#1GamingPandasPosted 10/4/2012 4:02:45 PM
Although I have not played any FE games before, I read somewhere on the forums that in previous games there were only 3 support type discussions/out of battle "talks" with another character. And the final (3rd) discussion was usually S ranked (where you marry). I also heard each character can only view 5 of those support type discussions in total <-- what's up with that limit?

I really enjoy character development/progression in the game, and I think that only have 2 support type conversations does not really flesh out a character well?

I dunno about FE Awakening, seeing how its the most recent game, do you guys think that it will expand on the support type conversations both in quantity and quality?

And if I am wrong on the previous games, can you guys please let me know?
#2EdalborezPosted 10/4/2012 4:05:05 PM(edited)
As many A's B's and C's as you want per character. But only 1 S.

Edit: For Awakening, sorry. The GBA ones and Path of Radience are the 5 limit. So you can have an A+B, A+C+C, B+B+C, etc.
#3GamingPandas(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:39:26 PM
Thanks! So it looks like Awakening is much more flexible in that respect.

Do you or anyone else know if there is the sort of "expanded" support conversations in Awakening compared to its predecessors?

Seeing that you start at rank D, then move to ranks B, C, A & S. This means there are only going to be 3 conversations again? With the 4th conversation being the final marriage proposal?

If so, how deep are those conversations? I mean its a marriage proposal...
#4Brady672_AT_fanPosted 10/4/2012 4:56:33 PM
GamingPandas posted...
Thanks! So it looks like Awakening is much more flexible in that respect.

Do you or anyone else know if there is the sort of "expanded" support conversations in Awakening compared to its predecessors?

Seeing that you start at rank D, then move to ranks B, C, A & S. This means there are only going to be 3 conversations again? With the 4th conversation being the final marriage proposal?

If so, how deep are those conversations? I mean its a marriage proposal...

You don't start with any rank, it's empty until you initiate the first support.

So you go from: "Nothing">C>B>A

And for some pairs (most boyxgirl) you can go to an "S" rank. So that's potentially four for each pair. But once you get an S, that's the only one you can get. So you can have 1 S, but say 5 A's.

Does that make sense?
---
"Oh dood! Master Etna is gonna kill us!!"
3DS FC: 1375-7273-8593
#5GamingPandas(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:34:00 PM
Alright, sounds logical...

But wouldn't it be weird say MU is a guy. MU achieves 3 A ranks with 3 other girls.

1. Since S rank is "marriage proposal", does this mean that all the A ranked girls (since they are at A rank) have HUGE crushes on MU? Since its opposite gender, so the only logical conclusion is if MU is a guy and he reaches rank A with a girl, the girl really likes MU? Is that how this works?

2. In contrast, if MU guy reaches rank A with another guy, they are just "best bros".

Am I correct in the 2 points above?
#6Brady672_AT_fanPosted 10/4/2012 6:44:22 PM
GamingPandas posted...

But wouldn't it be weird say MU is a guy. MU achieves 3 A ranks with 3 other girls.

1. Since S rank is "marriage proposal", does this mean that all the A ranked girls (since they are at A rank) have HUGE crushes on MU? Since its opposite gender, so the only logical conclusion is if MU is a guy and he reaches rank A with a girl, the girl really likes MU? Is that how this works?

2. In contrast, if MU guy reaches rank A with another guy, they are just "best bros".

Am I correct in the 2 points above?

Pretty much.
---
"Oh dood! Master Etna is gonna kill us!!"
3DS FC: 1375-7273-8593
#7Valorous_RolandPosted 10/5/2012 2:44:17 PM
GamingPandas posted...

Yep. And you can also already be married and then get an A Support with a different girl.