2 questions: Support and Krom's Marriage (spoilers)

#1FIR_FIRPosted 10/12/2012 6:45:53 AM
This may contain spoilers:

"To raise a support relationship (aka "bond"), two characters must fight together (and successfully damage the enemy) through the Dual or Double systems or converse in Everyone's Room."

Sariya (B Rank) - MU - Tiamo (B Rank)

If the arrangement is like the above, assuming all MU damages the enemy, will support rank points increase with Sariya and Tiamo? In other words, when you fight like the above, you'll see MU fighting during the battle animation, but will you also see Sariya and Tiamo both on the battle animation screen as well?

Secondly, why does Krom HAVE to be married or propose to someone by the end of Chapter 11? Why?
#2Cheesepower5Posted 10/12/2012 7:00:39 AM
I'm a litte foggy on the support mechanics in this game myself, but if Krom hasn't proposed to Olivia, Sumia or Soiree by that point then you will still get his child, but from a statless village girl. It is much better to hook him up first.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
#3FIR_FIR(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 7:15:21 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
I'm a litte foggy on the support mechanics in this game myself, but if Krom hasn't proposed to Olivia, Sumia or Soiree by that point then you will still get his child, but from a statless village girl. It is much better to hook him up first.

But why does the Serene FAQ say due to plot reasons Krom has to be married?
#4azn_boy150Posted 10/12/2012 7:18:20 AM
FIR_FIR posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Well that involves huge spoilers. If you still want to know I'll tell you.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150
#5azn_boy150Posted 10/12/2012 7:20:34 AM
azn_boy150 posted...
FIR_FIR posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Also to answer you other question:

"When a character enters battle, with a friendly unit next to them, they will receive three forms of benefits--a boost to their combat stats (Dual Support) and a chance of a "support character" performing a follow-up attack (Dual Attack) or shield them from enemy attacks (Dual Guard).

If the active character has activated Double, the support character will be their Double partner; otherwise it will be the adjacent ally whom they share the highest support level with."
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150
#6EndgamePosted 10/12/2012 7:24:23 AM
because his daughter from the future shows up then, and shortly after all the other kids will start showing up once pairings happen

and he doesn't exactly have to have a S rank support with anyone (it's impossible to get him S rank with Olivia before Chapter 11, as she joins in Chapter 10), he'll just automatically marry the girl he has the highest rank support with

and if there are multiple girls with the same ranking, Sumia gets priority

the nameless village girl only happens if you manage to kill off/pair off everyone else so there's no one for Krom to marry
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#7FIR_FIR(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 7:41:42 AM
azn_boy150 posted...
azn_boy150 posted...
FIR_FIR posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Also to answer you other question:

"When a character enters battle, with a friendly unit next to them, they will receive three forms of benefits--a boost to their combat stats (Dual Support) and a chance of a "support character" performing a follow-up attack (Dual Attack) or shield them from enemy attacks (Dual Guard).

If the active character has activated Double, the support character will be their Double partner; otherwise it will be the adjacent ally whom they share the highest support level with."

But what about:

Sariya (B) - MU - Tiamo (B)

They have both the same support rank? Sariya and Tiamo are both B?
#8FIR_FIR(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 7:53:36 AM
And a very specific question.

In all of the support gameplay vids I've seen, there are only a maximum of 2 playable characters in each battle animation as support.

Like its just Krom and MU, or Olivia and Sariya, like there are only 2 of them shown.

Now Serene FAQs say this:

"Support ranks are added for multiple characters. So fighting with two characters, one with an S support and the other with an A support, gives a total support rank of 9."

The above scenario will only work with something like this: Tiamo (A) - MU - Sariya (B).

But the question is, if both Tiamo and Sariya can provide support bonuses to the MU when MU is engaging in combat, will the battle animation show both Tiamo and Sariya with MU (keeping in mind that is 3 characters)? Because so far all the videos have been showing only 2 playable characters supporting each other in battle animations.
#9Cheesepower5Posted 10/12/2012 10:49:26 AM
You'll still receive bonuses for the both of them, but I don't think it would show both in the battle screen. As for which one it will show, I have no clue.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
#10NewbieN00bPosted 10/12/2012 12:42:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]