Europe Release Date - April 2013

#21Wehttam1991Posted 12/6/2012 5:26:16 AM
This makes my pants tingle.. because it will be released for my birthday..
I think I will take a week off just to play it over and over and over again..

Giggity!
---
3DSFC: 1204-0516-1278
Currently Playing: Tales of the Abyss, while waiting for Fire Emblem: Awakening
#22TheLastBladePosted 12/6/2012 5:33:16 AM
xLinkku posted...
TheLastBlade posted...
supershyguy65 posted...
Didn't you guys get Shadow Dragon two months before us?

It was so bad, that Europe was the single worst country

You seriously just referred to Europe as a country. Did you go to school?

I got lazy. So sue me. No but seriously, Europe always screw over Fire Emblem, no matter how many people claim otherwise. Fire Emblem 7 & 8: did good in America and did sh*t in Europe.
#23Laoni(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:45:00 AM

And besides, America go their english footage first. So, that means that Europe is basing it's version off of America's.

Actually, by the looks, Europe's having its own translation for this game, or at the very least, there are differences already shown between the two games

The first chapter's boss, named Geriba in Japan, has the name Grendel in the NA version of the game, but, in the EU version, his name was shown to be Garrick in this Nintendo Direct.
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#24Emperor_mateusPosted 12/6/2012 7:57:34 AM(edited)
TheLastBlade posted...
supershyguy65 posted...

Europe has always been on of the worst places to sell Fire Emblem. It was so bad, that Europe was the single worst country to sell Shadow Dragon (to be fair, Shadow Dragon sucks). And besides, it only really happened once. Apparently, Nintendo figured that releasing it in Europe first wasn't a good idea. And besides, America go their english footage first. So, that means that Europe is basing it's version off of America's.

Could you name your sources? I watched the Vgchartz (not all that credible I know) for Shadow dragon and Radiant dawn and those games only counted the Europe numbers in 2011 and 2012 so that might explain things.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#25TheLastBladePosted 12/6/2012 8:05:46 AM
Emperor_mateus posted...
TheLastBlade posted...
supershyguy65 posted...

Europe has always been on of the worst places to sell Fire Emblem. It was so bad, that Europe was the single worst country to sell Shadow Dragon (to be fair, Shadow Dragon sucks). And besides, it only really happened once. Apparently, Nintendo figured that releasing it in Europe first wasn't a good idea. And besides, America go their english footage first. So, that means that Europe is basing it's version off of America's.

Could you name your sources? I watched the Vgchartz (not all that credible I know) for Shadow dragon and Radiant dawn and those games only counted the Europe numbers in 2011 and 2012 so that might explain things.

I read in vgchartz that it's only a year difference. Considering that people didn't buy fire emblem for awhile, those are probably the final numbers... Makes me wonder about Shadow Dragon. That one did the absolute worse; while it did fine in Japan and America.
#26Emperor_mateusPosted 12/6/2012 8:26:13 AM(edited)
Sales are not my strong point and Fire Emblem probably does sell a lot better in America, but when you look at Radiant Dawn you can see that the numbers where Europe is counted isn't all that bad compared to America.

According to Vgchartz 2011 had 6,519 sales in Europe and 8,077 sales in Amerca

In 2012 it was 7,864 in Europe and 5,100 in America

2008 till 2010 data is missing there so I can't say anything about that other then that games tend to sell better in the first year.

As for Shadow dragon I don't really know, but 2009 and 2010 are missing there too with Europe sales.

Like I said i'm no expert so I could be wrong and Fire emblem probably sells better in America since there are a lot more gamers there, but since the data is missing its hard to say how much the sales suck in Europe.

---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...