Holy hell why are Fire Emblem games so expensive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Holy hell why are Fire Emblem games so expensive?

User Info: Capitan_Kid

Capitan_Kid
4 years ago#1
I was looking to buy Path of Radiance and Shadow Dragon to catch up on the series but they are ****ing 60+ dollars. Why is that?! Theyre OLD.
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
(message deleted)

User Info: NewbieN00b

NewbieN00b
4 years ago#3
The hell?

I just found my copy of PoR recently at gamestop for 20$. No idea why they so rare/expensive.

That sucks :C
Give me all teh FE D':

User Info: S1ppy_cup

S1ppy_cup
4 years ago#4
20$! Nice, they usually sell it for 40$ here. I remember seeing Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn at Circuit City Clearence Out of Buisness sale for 10$ Each so I bought two of each copies(last ones :3) and gave one set to a friend for BD present on one for me to Hoard. Circuit City, what a bunch of a*******.
SSBB FC: 3310-3782-1053
It's 1620 somewhere... c:

User Info: King_Janaff

King_Janaff
4 years ago#5
Hey, while were on this topic, does anybody know where I could get FE7 for like 20$? I gave my old copy to a friend when I traded my DS in at gamestop for a 3DS and I recently just got a Gameboy SP so I'm gonna buy it again. Thanks in advance.
285,210 views left! Please watch and help us RB fans reach our goal->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCFV7jT9ho
Such a boss - http://i.imgur.com/T2ETr.jpg

User Info: Nate_Dihldorff

Nate_Dihldorff
4 years ago#6
1st party localized JSRPG.
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
4 years ago#7
They're expensive because they're high-quality games. If you're buying one of the cartridge based games I suggest finding a used copy at a video game store like Game Stop, Hastings, or Game Xchange (here in Arkansas).
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059

User Info: dragonlordsd

dragonlordsd
4 years ago#8
When you're shopping on amazon, make sure you aren't looking at the "new" prices. Unoppened/unused versions of video games sell for absurd prices when they go out of print.

Well, not out of print, but you know what I mean. After they stop making them.

As for finding used copies at gamestop, well, that's more luck than anything.

User Info: Kysafen

Kysafen
4 years ago#9
King_Janaff posted...
Hey, while were on this topic, does anybody know where I could get FE7 for like 20$? I gave my old copy to a friend when I traded my DS in at gamestop for a 3DS and I recently just got a Gameboy SP so I'm gonna buy it again. Thanks in advance.

Oh, just check eBay and-
*checks ebay*

...oh wow, these games have aged pretty well, price-wise. I was expecting Golden Sun to be at a higher price...
http://i-miss-you.ytmnd.com/
Seisen no Keifu is long, boring, jarringly slow, and thoroughly overrated.

User Info: TiamatKiller

TiamatKiller
4 years ago#10
I have PoR sitting right next to me, and I sold my Wii.

I can't wait to get $60 off of someone...making a profit on a game for the Gamecube? Yes, please.
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Holy hell why are Fire Emblem games so expensive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived