How to be a Fire Emblem fan

#51Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 9:52:41 AM
Yes, but mine have meaning behind them.
---
I will destroy anyone who gets in my way.
#52rhys855Posted 12/30/2012 9:55:59 AM
Legend_Of_Inoue posted...
Yes, but mine have meaning behind them.

Doesn't make em true. Deal with it.
---
http://us6.memecdn.com/Orochimaru-Michael-Jackson_c_7692.jpg
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#53Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 9:59:16 AM
If you had read the opening posts, you would have understood my intentions better.
---
#54HenrysRevengePosted 12/30/2012 10:25:21 AM
You are very lucky, with most titles being localized and released, it's pretty good being a Fire Emblem fan nowadays. You have sites like wikipedia/FEwiki and quality fansites like Serenes Forest and all that where basically anything you wanted to know about FE you could just find out or ask somebody about, somebody like me.

It was one of the things that bothered me more than anything else was when such a delusional person thought their opinion holds more weight because they've been playing the games since the start or finished all the games on the hardest difficulty, so they know more than you or some such nonsense.

If you manage to reach this point, take your time to re-read my entire lesson if necessary. It may take time to fully assimilate these ideas into your head.

Let me start off by saying that I realize your intentions are good, worthy even--I'm not faulting you there.

However, you definitely sabotage your message by describing yourself as a person with a unique perspective and then going out of your way to suggest your opinions should receive careful, even special attention from the community. Could you, perhaps, have the same kind of delusion you are trying to rally the community against?

Furthermore, your post seems to assume two things. 1) The delusional people you describe are anything other than a tiny, if vocal minority of the Fire Emblem community. 2) The other members of the community are not intelligent enough to ignore these trolls and simply enjoy the series on their own.

Both of those assumptions, no matter how well-intentioned your post might be, are pretty insulting.
#55rhys855Posted 12/30/2012 12:44:04 PM
If you had read the opening posts, you would have understood my intentions better.

I read it. Good job.
---
http://us6.memecdn.com/Orochimaru-Michael-Jackson_c_7692.jpg
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#56Legend_Of_Inoue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 10:06:16 AM
I was going to let go of this topic, but seeing the state of the first page, I have no choice.

HenrysRevenge posted...
Let me start off by saying that I realize your intentions are good, worthy even--I'm not faulting you there.

However, you definitely sabotage your message by describing yourself as a person with a unique perspective and then going out of your way to suggest your opinions should receive careful, even special attention from the community. Could you, perhaps, have the same kind of delusion you are trying to rally the community against?

I addressed that in the second post.

Furthermore, your post seems to assume two things. 1) The delusional people you describe are anything other than a tiny, if vocal minority of the Fire Emblem community. 2) The other members of the community are not intelligent enough to ignore these trolls and simply enjoy the series on their own.

When I mentioned the "dark side of the fandom", that included the obsessive fanatics like the current Nono fad.
---
#57mikikikongkongPosted 1/12/2013 7:39:09 PM
are you tendo

---
believe in thy kiki
#58mikikikongkongPosted 1/18/2013 12:10:22 PM
ay ay captan
---
cool stroy preservation cop
#59Bancario51Posted 1/18/2013 12:10:58 PM
blah... just act like SMT Tensei fan and you should be fine.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~