Is this game worth buying a 3DS over again?

#1carnivalofsinsPosted 12/27/2012 9:03:02 AM
I sold my 3DS a while ago, and now that this is coming out, I was thinking of maybe picking it up along with a new 3DS. I've never actually played any Fire Emblem games, but I do love a good strategy RPG, which is hard to find these days.
---
PSN- carnivalofsins
#2azn_boy150Posted 12/27/2012 9:07:14 AM
Well if you really like SRPG's, then maybe. It'd be a better idea to get some other games too. Getting a system just for one game in a series you've never actually played seems like a bad idea to me. Other good RPG's on the 3DS includes Devil Survivor: Overclocked and Tales of the Abyss.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150
#3emagdnEPosted 12/27/2012 9:28:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4carnivalofsins(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 9:38:12 AM
azn_boy150 posted...
Well if you really like SRPG's, then maybe. It'd be a better idea to get some other games too. Getting a system just for one game in a series you've never actually played seems like a bad idea to me. Other good RPG's on the 3DS includes Devil Survivor: Overclocked and Tales of the Abyss.

Well, I'd also get Kingdom Hearts 3D, and I'm sure there would be other games I could find.
---
PSN- carnivalofsins
#5azn_boy150Posted 12/27/2012 9:40:06 AM
carnivalofsins posted...
azn_boy150 posted...

Well, I'd also get Kingdom Hearts 3D, and I'm sure there would be other games I could find.

Well if you plan on getting other games then go ahead.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
PSN:azn_boy150
#6Flamingace18Posted 12/27/2012 5:27:36 PM
emagdnE posted...
no, and this isn't a Strategy RPG

this is seriously more of a dating sim than a strategy game

seriously, the game is braindead easy

Again, you know I respect your opinion Endgame. However, it's time you stop bashing the series and this game. I agree with you in the regard the fact they're (FE8-10, and 13) aren't exactly traditional FE games, but you are completely going overboard bashing the game the way you are.

We both know supporting this game is the only way for them to keep making more FE games and hopefully return to the glory of the way it was without the cheap gimmicks.

I'll probably rate as my 4th or 5th favorite FE game but every FE game is at least a 9 to me.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999.
#7blamon123Posted 12/27/2012 5:45:47 PM
it would help to know why you sold your 3ds in the first place. was it just a money issue?
---
Official Yoshitsune of the Shin Megami IV board or something
#8TiamatKillerPosted 12/27/2012 6:27:58 PM
emagdnE posted...

That's funny, I've actually played a dating sim before and I don't recall it being anything like the gameplay of this game.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#9Airship_CanonPosted 12/27/2012 7:43:35 PM
emagdnE posted...

That's funny, I've actually played a dating sim before and I don't recall it being anything like the gameplay of this game.

Concured.

I've recently played thru Muv Luv, which Extra and Unlimited are dating sims (Alternative is a 50 hour movie) and yeah...

Faraway Dawn is notwithstanding. That's something else entirely.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/2m7vjw6.jpg
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition