Question about post-game content

#1Tsukishima_AobaPosted 1/13/2013 5:30:38 PM
Hi guys. This would be my first Fire Emblem game, and the one thing I really want to know before I decide whether or not to pre-order this is: what do you do after you beat the main story, excluding paid DLC? Is there enough post-game content to keep one occupied for at least a few months, or is it the type of game where you're expected to start a new game on a different mode and do things differently?
#2HenrysRevengePosted 1/13/2013 5:38:24 PM
Tsukishima_Aoba posted...
Hi guys. This would be my first Fire Emblem game, and the one thing I really want to know before I decide whether or not to pre-order this is: what do you do after you beat the main story, excluding paid DLC? Is there enough post-game content to keep one occupied for at least a few months, or is it the type of game where you're expected to start a new game on a different mode and do things differently?

...a few months worth of post-game content? What kinds of games are you playing?

As far as I know, all content not related to the main story (read: sidequests) has to be done before the main story is finished. Incentive to replay the game is supposed to come in the form of multiple difficulties, different gender MU, different parent/child combos, and the spotpass (free!) DLC.
#3SazukeEXPosted 1/13/2013 5:44:20 PM
You'll be grinding for awhile to make that perfect team to crush Lunatic+ Challenge Maps.

Have fun!
---
-My FE:A- MU/Olivie, Chrom/Smia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Tiamo, Guire/Mariabell, Donnel/Nono, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Licht, Sallya/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#4Perfect ZPosted 1/13/2013 6:04:34 PM(edited)
Hi guys. This would be my first Fire Emblem game, and the one thing I really want to know before I decide whether or not to pre-order this is: what do you do after you beat the main story, excluding paid DLC?

Excluding the paid DLC, you're left with monster battles and also skirmishes against the stronger teams of past game characters. There are also 6 free DLC stages, with the later ones being harder than the final chapter. There's also a side feature, with dual battles, but it requires a second human player with the game.

Now, none of that is exclusive post-game content, it can all be done before the final chapter too, but the gameplay balance of some of those, being harder and needing higher levels than the final story chapter, make it clear that they're supposed to be played through after the story.

There are also special conversations for all characters, and, unlike in past Fire Emblems, you can collect as many as you want for all characters in a single playthrough (aside from the S rank ones for special reasons), so playing more skirmishes after end game is a viable way to view everything available in that playthrough.

Is there enough post-game content to keep one occupied for at least a few months, or is it the type of game where you're expected to start a new game on a different mode and do things differently?

There's also this too. You can experiment with many different pairings between the characters, resulting in different abilities for their children and also different conversations available for them. The conversations (supports), specifically, are kept registered by the game and you'll need many playthroughs to fill the entire library

There are also the standard harder difficulties too.

---
"Five hearts united as one!"
"..."
#5Tsukishima_Aoba(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 6:13:37 PM
...a few months worth of post-game content? What kinds of games are you playing?

Sorry, I should have quantified it in hours (say, 100+ hours?). I don't play games that often (no more than 5 hours a week), and I prefer to buy games that can keep me entertained for a while.

-snip-

That was a great answer. Thank you.
#6EndgamePosted 1/13/2013 6:22:56 PM
This would be my first Fire Emblem game

no it wouldn't

Awakening is not a real Fire Emblem
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#7Tsukishima_Aoba(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 6:31:05 PM

no it wouldn't

go back to the land of chinchillas pls
#8MIssDevilingPosted 1/13/2013 8:14:37 PM
@Perfect Z: What free DLC are you talking about? Like the Paris one? Can you replay these?

@TC: If I'm not mistaken, there should be many maps using SpotPass for you to play post-game.
---
http://keilis.deviantart.com
#9MereMarePosted 1/13/2013 8:15:01 PM
HenrysRevenge posted...
Tsukishima_Aoba posted...

I'm guessing the TC was playing too much Dragon Quest IX.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#10TiamatKillerPosted 1/13/2013 8:27:03 PM
Endgame posted...

no it wouldn't

You don't even try anymore.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912